scandal

Why Gingrich Could Win

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

2% more tax would not be a huge deal for me or anyone else.

Obama keeps talking about "shared sacrifice", but he doesn't want Joe Middle Class to pay 2% more in taxes, even though the middle class is where the big bucks are, not the $200k+ crowd.

It's going to fun watching it play out - total stand off

If Herman wins we will pay 8% Washington State sales tax + 9 % Herman tax = 17% sales tax - but at least sexual harassment will be abolished so we have a free hobby

Good job I have bought everything I need to see me out - so the only people who will pay are the younger generation who need to buy stuff

The poor suckers wont be able to buy food and will come a-stealing

At least they wont have to pay much into social security/Medicare which will be voucherized, but when they get older, they will have the same healthcare and social security as an average Somali if the stock market vouchers tank or a Madoff steals their voucher money. Meanwhile, the saved tax will be living it up in Monte Carlo and not Detroit.

Bring it, as Mr Perry might say.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If Herman wins we will pay 8% Washington State sales tax + 9 % Herman tax = 17% sales tax

Which is still lower than the UK VAT which is now 20% (was 17.5% a while back)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Which is still lower than the UK VAT which is now 20% (was 17.5% a while back)

....but no free healthcare... the lower rates for the top lot will save them money which will go to the south of france or bermuda

no capital gains /death tax/dividends tax - all the taxes on the rich will disappear and sales tax will more than double with lower benefits in unemployment/medicare/social security and no free health care !

bring it.. Europe will be sending food parcels to 250 million Americans

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

no capital gains /death tax/dividends tax - all the taxes on the rich will disappear and sales tax will more than double with lower benefits in unemployment/medicare/social security and no free health care !

Free healthcare is easy - well, nothing's really "free", but if we raised the Medicare tax from its current 1.45% to say 10%, there would be enough money to fund a "Medicare for all" NHS-like system.

For most poor and middle-class people, a 10% tax hike and a "free" healthcare system would be a good deal compared to what they're paying now.

So why should the rich pay for everything? No middle class tax increases on the table - at all?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Free healthcare is easy - well, nothing's really "free", but if we raised the Medicare tax from its current 1.45% to say 10%, there would be enough money to fund a "Medicare for all" NHS-like system.

For most poor and middle-class people, a 10% tax hike and a "free" healthcare system would be a good deal compared to what they're paying now.

So why should the rich pay for everything? No middle class tax increases on the table - at all?

The tax in the USA is very low - I think everyone could afford to pay some more but the crippling cost of the military which is bigger than all the rest of the world combined, should be cut first

Then the progressive nature of the tax system which exists in all 1st world countries, should be reinforced so that billionaires pay more than they do now - certainly as much as someone on 50k - they don't even pay that with all the wriggles. Me and Warren Buffet pay at 15% on our capital gains while the police officers pay at 25%

The employers could afford to give everyone a huge raise if they were not paying for health care insurance and I am sure they would love to - or would they hide it overseas ? They are mostly republican so I am sure they would do the patriotic thing

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In fact, he inherited the largest deficit in US history in 2009.

that may hold true for only a bit longer, until the newly elected president is sworn in after the 2012 elections.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

that may hold true for only a bit longer, until the newly elected president is sworn in after the 2012 elections.

We went from negative under Bush to positive under Obama. What more could you ask for given the 'economy in a depression' inheritance?

gdp%202011-q3%20r0.png

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

We went from negative under Bush to positive under Obama. What more could you ask for given the 'economy in a depression' inheritance?

gdp%202011-q3%20r0.png

why did you jump from deficit to gdp?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

03nnq.png

now where's one including obama?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

now where's one including obama?

UPDATED OCT 21 2011

Presidential-Debt-500x322.jpg

On January 20th, 2001, George W. Bush was sworn into office – but the budget for most of the rest of that year was Bill Clinton’s, passed by the prior Congress. Barack Obama was sworn in on January 20th, 2009 – but the budget for most of that year was that of George W. Bush. Why are these so? Because the Federal government’s fiscal year runs from October 1 (of the previous calendar year) to September 30. Hence, the FY 2001 is Clinton’s and FY 2002 is Bush’s. FY2009 is Bush’s, FY 2010 is Obama’s.

The actual budgets of the Presidents and their deficits — that’s what this is about, right? — are as follows:

George W. Bush is sworn in on January 20
th
, but his first budget does not take effect until October 1, 2001:

10/1/2001: Bush starting deficit –
$5.8 trillion

9/30/2009: Bush ending deficit –
$11.9 trillion

Bush debt contribution:
$6.1 trillion

Barack H. Obama is sworn in on January 20
th
, but his first budget does not take effect until October 1, 2009:

10/1/2009: Obama starting deficit –
$11.9 trillion

9/30/2011: Obama ending deficit –
$14.8 trillion

Obama debt contribution: $2.9 trillion

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

berty

Thanks for the Bertrand Russell Lordy I

Very serene...of course his wishes for mankind are impossible in that much of mankind are a bunch of mob minded crude and vicious apes - not that I judge of course

His error was that he considered people to have the rational mind that he had; they haven't. He thought that people could get along without a fairy tail lie to get them through; they cant

He made the mistake of thinking that all mankind is good and intelligent and of independent thought.

No christian is of independent thought - they have been 'told it'

A thousand years from now there will be dim witted religious people who need this claptrap because of their own fears and inadequacies, and there will be people like me and you - oh dear that sounds quite self congratulatory.

Here's to us for having the honesty to figure out our truth rather be like those who were too lazy and flock minded, and who had their facts handed to them on a plate, usually by their parents.

Edited by Ashud Cocoa

moresheep400100.jpg