habibi83

Interview @ Cairo

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a question: My husband and I recieved an email from NVC informing of the scheduled interview as well as original documents that are needed. I spoke with my lawyer and he stated that my husband does not need to bring anything with him to the interview only his passport because of the other documents have been submitted to NVC(copies of my passport, original application, marriage certificate, ect.) All those will be forwarded to Cairo. I have read online of people bringing in theri photos, phone records, skype records, flight tickets, ects. to the interview. Should my husband bring those things with him as well? My lawyer said its not necessary..but im still wondering if its better for him to bring something...The only problem is that I have all the original flight tickets, photos, phone records, ect here with me in the usa (and my spouse is in egypt). Please advise what is the best thing to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a question: My husband and I recieved an email from NVC informing of the scheduled interview as well as original documents that are needed. I spoke with my lawyer and he stated that my husband does not need to bring anything with him to the interview only his passport because of the other documents have been submitted to NVC(copies of my passport, original application, marriage certificate, ect.) All those will be forwarded to Cairo. I have read online of people bringing in theri photos, phone records, skype records, flight tickets, ects. to the interview. Should my husband bring those things with him as well? My lawyer said its not necessary..but im still wondering if its better for him to bring something...The only problem is that I have all the original flight tickets, photos, phone records, ect here with me in the usa (and my spouse is in egypt). Please advise what is the best thing to do?

I am a true believer that is better to be 'safe than sorry.' My advice is to package all that evidence, make copies for your records and send it. It is better to be prepared in case they do ask for evidence. For what I gather, they do ask for it; not to everyone, but they do. Also, why would your lawyer advice against the instructions NVC emailed you? If you or your husband have the documents that NVC is asking for, have them ready. If the embassy has them, great! at least he went in there prepared.

Good luck at the interview!

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am a true believer that is better to be 'safe than sorry.' My advice is to package all that evidence, make copies for your records and send it. It is better to be prepared in case they do ask for evidence. For what I gather, they do ask for it; not to everyone, but they do.

Good luck at the interview!

I second that emotion. Better to be over prepared and secure the visa than not have something that can be easily Fed Ex'd to the person interviewing. Why risk a delay?

I guess that your attorney has never misplaced a document? That kind of guidance makes me question your attorney's level of experience.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yes, take anything and everything! the lawyer is not the one that will suffer if he's wrong.

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes, take anything and everything! the lawyer is not the one that will suffer if he's wrong.

with respect to your lawyer he is an idiot to tell u that !!! it will not hurt to have everything with u and be ready other wise if they ask for something and u dont have it u will have to dhl to them and more delay and more time . Let him go with everything you havd thats what im planning to do with my wife . ###### get lost all the time.

Mina&Mariam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.