lgg

Fellow Canadian VJers removing Conditions..

407 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been waiting for 8 months now! It looks like they are just getting through June/July applications now at the Vermont Service Center so I should hear hopefully in the next month or two.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• 1 month later...

Hey all!

My I-751 package arrived successfully at USCIS in Vermont on Monday and 5 days later they have still not cashed the cheque....is that normal? I am starting to freak out a little!

USCIS is rather silly. They sent my reminder letter to my MIL's house, despite my having complied with their need for us to change our address on file with them each time we move (which we've done three times).

They did the same with me, sent my reminder to our old place. We've found that the people that now live at our old place usually kept our mail (and packages), but I guess they thought this was important enough and sent it back.

Oh hi btw! Long time no see :)

My date to file was late last month, but we got super busy with work and our new puppy, so I will be putting together everything this afternoon and hopefully I will be mailing it on Monday.

I NEVER mail anything important with USPS anymore, they have screwed me over too many times.

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting for your new cards! I have my fingers and toes crossed :)

Btw, is there no more interviews for ROC? That would be wonderful.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

^^ ^^ I think you can technically get an interview, but it seems pretty rare.

The August 2011 filers for Vermont have just started getting approvals, so I'm hoping I'll hear soon. When I filed back in August, I totally did not think it was going to take 9-10 months!

Good luck Peachy!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Well hi there folks!!

I'll be sending my ROC package in tomorrow or Wednesday, pending the ability to get my hands on funds to pay the stupid fee. Le sigh.

Anyways, really hoping that I get an NOA fast, and the bio appt even faster. I'm planning a trip home (first one in over a year and a 1/2) for a few wks near the mid-end of July and have a scary suspicion that USCIS is gonna mess up my plans some how, like schedule my bio appt during my planned time home. *knock on wood* It would be lovely if they didn't do that :(

Edited to say it looks like bio appts come about a month after sending it in and getting the NOA. So I'm gonna think happy thoughts!

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Oh hai again,

So get this... things have been super shitty in life lately, and this is a fun addition: I get home from a very long day, which included sending my ROC package finally, a week after I originally wanted to since we had to borrow money to pay for it (I've been in school and my husband has been unemployed since he was fired in January-I will stop that rant before it starts)... and I find that the paper with the copy of my green card is sitting on my desk rather than in the f'ing envelope with the rest of the papers. WHY!? I have NO idea, but I'm kinda pissed. So now I'm guaranteed an RFE, which delays this whole thing for god knows how long.

Does anyone know if I'll still get an NOA and they'll cash the check anyways? I forget how this goes cause frankly I'm SO OVER immigration ppwk and don't even care. But honestly, I do need to know because I haven't been home in almost a year and a 1/2 and was planning a trip this summer. I don't want to book my flights until I get my NOA, and biometrics appointment, and the GC extension for the year because my GC expires right around when I was hoping to go home and I don't want to run in to any problems (like the bio appt being scheduled during my planned trip home). Thoughts?

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

I have no idea, but you should find out in a week or so. They cash the cheque and mail the NOA pretty quickly, so while I'm sure the wait is going to be annoying, it won't be too long until you figure it out. Just give it a week or two.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I have no idea, but you should find out in a week or so. They cash the cheque and mail the NOA pretty quickly, so while I'm sure the wait is going to be annoying, it won't be too long until you figure it out. Just give it a week or two.

Does the NOA include the automatic one year extension of the GC? That's the main thing I'm concerned about.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Ashen! The NOA is the one year extension. I don't think they will reject your entire application without the copy of your GC, but I can't say for sure.

Have you heard anything yet Sapphire? VSC is so awfully slow....

thank you both for replying :) I'll keep my fingers crossed!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

Hey Ashen! The NOA is the one year extension. I don't think they will reject your entire application without the copy of your GC, but I can't say for sure.

Have you heard anything yet Sapphire? VSC is so awfully slow....

Nope, nothing yet but they have at least started on August, so I'm thinking I'll hear something in the next week or two hopefully! The other day my husband said, it's been 9 months, you could've had a baby while you waited, hahaha.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, why is there a 9-10 month wait for ROC? Glad to hear that the NOA is a 1 year extension of the GC because my husband needs to be able to still work while he waits. Getting ready to send out our paperwork the day after our 2 year anniversary. Unlike the GC, I will not make the mistake of the wrong birthdate for my husband. I still face-palm when I think of the error where I married my husband before he was born.

Wow, why is there a 9-10 month wait for ROC? Glad to hear that the NOA is a 1 year extension of the GC because my husband needs to be able to still work while he waits. Getting ready to send out our paperwork the day after our 2 year anniversary. Unlike the GC, I will not make the mistake of the wrong birthdate for my husband. I still face-palm when I think of the error where I married my husband before he was born.

I'll facepalm you for that if you facepalm me for forgetting the copy of my GC on my desk. So essentially I guess we're slapping each other in the face. If you're ok with that. I'm ok with it. I deserve it. :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.