lgg

Fellow Canadian VJers removing Conditions..

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can always hang onto it for the next 10 years! :lol: (not that the pain of dealing with USCIS is worth a nice picture...)

LOL!! yes I could =)

All the options though and easier things after its gone is more appealing to me though. Specially with military/traveling etc.

Also i just realized... they don't even have an option for the Nebraska service center on the timeline when filing out the citizenship part so I probably wont be filling it in, how disappointing =( was looking forward to filling in the next and last timeline for the journey!!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Scratch that wont need the tracking number at all. It arrived in the mail this afternoon! Its also got the best picture ever so far in this process and to think .. they take it away after all this! poo.

I wonder if the Christmas rush really delays them arriving. My two-year GC was ordered on 12/11 and didn't arrive until 12/24. Merry Christmas to me that year!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm still waiting for my biometrics appointment. I'd really like to just get it over with. They also sent me 2 NOA1's. Not sure what is up with the duplicates as they also sent me a reminder notice twice as well.

I think I'm going to start a new thread but being back here once in awhile and reading what you all are up to makes me curious. How's everyone doing? how'd the adjustment go? What are you doing here in the US that's totally different from what you were doing in Canada? What's the same?

Did you all find work? How did you find that? How do you find the culture here or where you're living?

So many questions. I think I"ll start another thread with Xmas coming up and work and such, it's such a busy time of year.

In regard to all the other comments, I'm totally going to become a US citizen next year ONLY because I can keep my Canadian citizenship as well -- if I had to give that up, there'd be no way I'd do it but having both citizenships is a good thing and opens many doors so... that's my take on it. I'll be honest, I kinda hate the politics and stuff here in the US but I live here and contribute to society so... why shouldn't I be able to take that last step. That being said, my caveat is and always will be, I can be both and I'd never give up my Canadian citizenship -- I am that first and foremost.

:)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi huggles!!!

How are you? Nice to see so many familiar faces back here ! Wow! How are things for you? I kind of dropped off here for awhile -- got a job and just got super busy all the time which is not a bad thing.

How long did it take you to get your biometrics appointment letter? I got my NOA1 almost a couple of weeks ago and have not got my appointment yet. Just curious.

Nice to you see and happy holidays!

We sent off our packet in September. Check cashed, NOA received, and biometrics completed. I haven't heard anything since then!

I've been trying to keep it out of my mind. Not much we can do now- it's out of our hands. I didn't include any affidavits, mostly because I didn't want to inconvenience friends and family. If we end up with an RFE, it will be on the list of additional things to send in.

Wyatt- about the address thing, the same thing happened to me. We moved over a year ago, and I did the online address change and the mail in for the I-864, and they sent the notification to the old address. I've heard of that happening before ROC forum. Hopefully everything was recorded correctly.

Nice to see everyone is back! :)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Hi huggles!!!

How are you? Nice to see so many familiar faces back here ! Wow! How are things for you? I kind of dropped off here for awhile -- got a job and just got super busy all the time which is not a bad thing.

How long did it take you to get your biometrics appointment letter? I got my NOA1 almost a couple of weeks ago and have not got my appointment yet. Just curious.

Nice to you see and happy holidays!

Hey Lgg! Things are going well for me. Pretty much the same as you- started working, got busy and stopped coming online quite as much. I think part of me wanted to forget about immigration for a while :lol: How is life going for you? Glad to hear you have a job and are working hard :)

It took about a month if I remember correctly, between getting the NOA and the bio letter. And then my bio appointment was 3-4 weeks later. I wouldn't worry about it quite yet!

Happy Holidays to you! :)

Timeline

I wonder if the Christmas rush really delays them arriving. My two-year GC was ordered on 12/11 and didn't arrive until 12/24. Merry Christmas to me that year!

I'm not sure if it does, this time mine came in a special priority envelope - it doesn't even look like you can buy this kind at the post office because i have never seen them there! It seemed to get here pretty quickly for what i thought during " holiday rush time " Approved on the 7th and got it in the mail on the 12th. 4 business days is pretty quick!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Check has been cashed. Waiting for NOA1.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

I still have no indication that they've received my priority envelope (put in the mail on Saturday morning), let alone cashed my check / processed my NOA1 etc.

What recourse do I have if USPS lost my envelope? I have a confirmation number, but what good is that if it got misplaced somewhere?

I'm now officially concerned about this, and not just doing my usual fretting...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Hope you find ou soon.

NOA1 12/13/11

RFE 9/13/12

Timeline

I still have no indication that they've received my priority envelope (put in the mail on Saturday morning), let alone cashed my check / processed my NOA1 etc.

What recourse do I have if USPS lost my envelope? I have a confirmation number, but what good is that if it got misplaced somewhere?

I'm now officially concerned about this, and not just doing my usual fretting...

I would say go in to the post office and ask what is up with the package. Hopefully its nothing and they just didn't bother to scan it, and its really USCIS that just hasn't reached it yet to cash the check etc.

Timeline

Wyatt, I suspect it will arrive fine but will take a bit longer. I have had two instances where I used Priority Posts for important documents and on these two occasions, the documents took a month from the time they were 'received' until they were delivered. Since both times included sensitive documents I ended up contacting the recipients/senders and had to take specific action to protect those documents (One was the US Passport office sending back my passport, which they then had to cancel and issued a new one which they sent by courier. The first passport sent by priority post arrived the day after the new passport was delivered). In most cases, Priority Post gets things there in a timely way, but they don't promise that it will get there in a timely way - they promise that it will get there. Priority Posts does not make things get there faster, and I no longer use it for important documents that are time specific. I will use a courier instead or just go with regular First Class mail which isn't as secure but seems to be more reliably delivered in a timely way. So, the Priority Mail documents will get there eventually, but don't believe USPS' statement that it will arrive within xxx days. In this case, I would definitely speak to your Post Office - the PostMaster even - and have then trace it and find out exactly where it is because it is held up somewhere in the USPS system. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thanks Kathryn. I'm pretty worried about it by now. I'll give it the weekend, then I'll contact the postmaster general. I keep checking my bank account to see if the check was cashed, but no luck.

I'm just hoping that it got caught up with a bunch of other holiday mail, and is simply delayed or something.

Funnily enough, I kept saying to my wife before I sent it that my biggest concern wasn't with USCIS, but with the package actually getting to USCIS. And truly, I'll feel a heck of a lot better when I know they've got it.

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

NOA1 came in today dated 12/13/11

It came with just my name on it though. My 2 kids are removing conditions, do they get letters too? They are included on mine as well all moved together.

NOA1 12/13/11

RFE 9/13/12

I JUST received a notification that it was delivered. THANK GOODNESS.

I was literally at the post office an hour ago, and the clerk basically said it was in limbo and there was nothing they could do.

Whew!

So glad you finally know your package was delivered.

NOA1 12/13/11

RFE 9/13/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.