lgg

Fellow Canadian VJers removing Conditions..

407 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HOLY LONG TIME NO SEE PEEPS! Lots of old familiar avatars haha. I was locked out of my account in April 2011 and then had access to my profile but I could not gain access to the forum or other things. I have no idea what was going on and even resetting the password wasn't working. Life got busy and then I just stopped trying, until yesterday I received an email reminder to update my timeline lol. What do you know, it actually let me reset my password this time! So I am back. I can't apply for RoC until December but judging by here nothing has changed. Funny, when I was looking it up online a few months ago on the USCIS website they left no indication it would take so long. It says it should be approved before your card expires and I thought that to be unlikely. My experience with them hasn't let me down in expecting the worst I see :)

I hope everyone is doing well!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Urg, I hate USPS, like think of the thing you hate the most in life, and for me it's USPS. They constantly screw up.

So I needed to mail my ROC stuff. Since I only found an address with a PO Box I figured I had to send it USPS. There's a post office at the place I work, and I've never had any problems with them (just other people sending us stuff in the mail). So I get there, and get the nice man I always get and tell him I needed to mail my package, but I needed to be able to track it. He says "ok, we'll send it certified". I filled everything out, he gave me the receipt and says that the number is my tracking number.

So I just went online to track my package... it's not traceable.

F YOU USPS!

Not sure what to do, I'm going to assume that USPS will deliver it properly (they did deliver our income tax papers properly in April). How long does it take for USCIS to cash a check? I told Varba that if they don't cash our check in 3 weeks to send in the packet again. Is that too soon?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't track mine either. That's because I had bill send it and he didn't get the tracking... but 3 weeks is more than fair. They cashed mine within a week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Peachey -- you will get a letter right away, if your package went through. Sent mine via USPS with tracking and got the delivery receipt. Two days letter, I got the NOA-1.

Sapphire -- have you gotten notice about your extension? If you were preggy, you would be a month overdue!!! Are you planning on getting another renewal? How does that work? LOL, sorry for all my questions!

BTW anyone who has questions about cruising with an expired GC - I put up my experience in working/traveling during immigration.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Peachey -- you will get a letter right away, if your package went through. Sent mine via USPS with tracking and got the delivery receipt. Two days letter, I got the NOA-1.

Sapphire -- have you gotten notice about your extension? If you were preggy, you would be a month overdue!!! Are you planning on getting another renewal? How does that work? LOL, sorry for all my questions!

BTW anyone who has questions about cruising with an expired GC - I put up my experience in working/traveling during immigration.

WELCOME BACK! I must come visit and get some crabs soon :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

WELCOME BACK! I must come visit and get some crabs soon :)

I was thinking the same thing this morning!!! BEFORE I even thought to got on VJ! We shall make a date :)

Removal of Conditions:

I was thinking the same thing this morning!!! BEFORE I even thought to got on VJ! We shall make a date :)

Yes soon :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got the original NOA1 in August, but haven't heard anything since. I think I should hear something any day now, they are working on August cases.

I actually have a temporary greencard stamp on my passport. We were worried I would have to travel for work or we would have trouble on our cruise back in December, so hubby made me make an InfoPass and the guy gave me the stamp so I'm okay until October. I think the letter would've worked fine though and we were overly cautious.

Hopefully things will speed up for you all! I definitely did not think this would take 10 months!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I got the original NOA1 in August, but haven't heard anything since. I think I should hear something any day now, they are working on August cases.

I actually have a temporary greencard stamp on my passport. We were worried I would have to travel for work or we would have trouble on our cruise back in December, so hubby made me make an InfoPass and the guy gave me the stamp so I'm okay until October. I think the letter would've worked fine though and we were overly cautious.

Hopefully things will speed up for you all! I definitely did not think this would take 10 months!

Thanks Sapphire! What are our other options in case the GC does not come in time? Are we allowed to get another renewal?

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Sapphire! What are our other options in case the GC does not come in time? Are we allowed to get another renewal?

Yeah, I think we can just book another InfoPass and get a stamp extension.

The letter extends one year from your greencard expiry though I believe, so my letter is technically good until November.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

So, they received my package last Thursday, and while I know there was a holiday on Monday, I can't help but be irritated that they haven't cashed my check yet. Take your time guys. Please. I have nothing waiting on this stuff at all, except a much needed trip home to my family that I haven't seen in a year and a half. NBD.

:wacko:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Yeah, I think we can just book another InfoPass and get a stamp extension.

The letter extends one year from your greencard expiry though I believe, so my letter is technically good until November.

Thanks! We might all end up doing that so it is good to know.

Removal of Conditions:

Well I didn't even see this thread and have been blogging on the May filers.....back to the waiting game. We submitted the ROC I 751 May 14th, it was received in California May 16th and am still waiting for the NOA1...hauntingly familiar.

I'm hoping to get back to Canada in early August because it's been almost two years and will be by August. My card expires Aug 12th, although that was an error because I crossed over on the 13th but ....tis what it tis.

Soooo the beat goes on ....kind of discouraging to read that people getting approvals in June or July last year are still waiting for g/c ??? :wow:

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Timeline

Well I didn't even see this thread and have been blogging on the May filers.....back to the waiting game. We submitted the ROC I 751 May 14th, it was received in California May 16th and am still waiting for the NOA1...hauntingly familiar.

I'm hoping to get back to Canada in early August because it's been almost two years and will be by August. My card expires Aug 12th, although that was an error because I crossed over on the 13th but ....tis what it tis.

Soooo the beat goes on ....kind of discouraging to read that people getting approvals in June or July last year are still waiting for g/c ??? :wow:

As long as you kept your first NOA letter, you are good! I've traveled with it and had no problems at all. In fact, hubby and I are driving to TO on Wednesday and I think all will be fine. If not, you guys will hear from me on Wednesday!

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've traveled back to Canada with my extension as well, no issues. Not even a trip to secondary. I found that waiting on ROC was a little annoying, but it doesn't disrupt life much, you can still travel, work etc. The way you always do. Not like waiting on the K-1 or AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.