airforcewon

need help on a letter of invitation for tourist visa to algeria

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

hi everyone,

i sent my application for a tourist visa to visit my fiance in algeria for the first time. i submitted a copy of my airplane e-ticket and a confirmed hotel reservation for 4/11/2011 to 18/11/2011 (i had to specify my dates of entry and exit into algeria). i submitted everything well in advance and spoke to their visa department numerous times and was assured that i would receive my visa in time. however, the 4th of november has come and gone and i still have not received it. they called me the day of my departure to say that i needed a letter of invitation from my fiance in algeria but it needs to be notarized by the city hall of his area. so i had to cancel my flight (which cost me) and my hotel reservation. i was able to reschedule my vacation time at work but if i don't get my visa within the next week then i won't be able to push it back again. i need to go visit my fiance. everything is time sensitive at this point.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME BY TELLING ME WHAT INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE IN THIS LETTER OF INVITATION? the algerian embassy website doesn't say what needs to be in there. i've tried looking up templates or suggestions online but to no avail.

i was planning on going for two weeks. i'm scared that they're going to ask me for a new plane ticket and hotel reservation since they've obviously thrown off the scheduling of my initial trip. this will tack on a couple of days for me to send it to them. and i'm also scared that we're going to write a letter of invitation that does not contain the required information. i'm guessing it has to include my passport # but should it list my new potential visit dates like 11/11/2011 to 25/11/2011? i'd appreciate any help, especially from people that have sent successful letters of invitation to algeria.

many thanks!

All i can say is do not make any travel arrangements till you have a visa in hand, as visa issuance may take time especially if it involves further processing (AP).

Hope you get the visa before your dead line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All i can say is do not make any travel arrangements till you have a visa in hand, as visa issuance may take time especially if it involves further processing (AP).

Zero, the OP is speaking of a tourist visa for HER to visit HIM in his country, which would be one of the requirements of the K-1.

airforcewon, below is the template I used to visit my then fiance. It basically stated the dates of travel and purpose (short and sweet). I emailed it to him, and he then printed it and signed, and sent it back to me by fax. Unfortunately, for your fiance's country, faxes are not allowed according to this website Tourist Visa so I am not sure how you will accomplish that and get it back in time (not sure a signed scanned letter will be allowed).

As far as the new itinerary, I personally would send a new itinerary along with the letter of invitation and perhaps send with it a letter of explanation of the new dates, as well as other information you included the first time, that way it won't conflict with your first submission. I could be wrong about this and someone more experienced will come along and answer. Good Luck!

================================

(put date here)

Algeria Embassy

Address

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a letter of invitation for (airforcewon your name here), a citizen of the United States, who will be visiting (city, state) from (date) to (date). The purpose for this visit to (country) would be for a vacation.

If there are any additional questions, I may be contacted at (his phone number). Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

(sign here)

(Finance' name here)

Edited by Aya820

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

*Moved from K1 forum to MENA regional forum as OP is seeking information about a tourist visa to enter Algeria*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

You're not travelling to Algeria as a tourist. You are travelling to Algeria as a guest of an Algerian family. Did you tell them that you were going to visit your fiance? If so, this is probably why they are classifying you as this type of visitor. Confirmed hotel and flight reservations are necessary for the tourist visa while the invitation letter is required for the family guest visa.

Just have them write a letter inviting you to visit them in Algeria for your specified travel dates. He will have to get it notarized and then it MUST be mailed back to the embassy in the US as they do not take faxed letters.

Fedex has fast delivery service from Algeria to the US. You will have to annoy the heck out of the embassy staff to get it done quickly once they receive the letter.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I also wanted to add that I think the embassy staff sucks. I can't even tell you the trouble we went through to get our family book and to officially make our children algerian citizens. On the flip side, about 5 years ago they issued my husband a new algerian passport without the old one or even most of the necessary paperwork. There was some "exchange" involved in the process though. Unfortunately, you're at their mercy.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.