one...two...tree

Basic tenet of the American Dream: Can each new generation do better than the one before it?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So far, today's young people aren't off to an encouraging start."

"According to analysis by the Pew Research Center released Monday, younger Americans have been left behind as the oldest generation has seen wealth surge since the mid-1980s."

"While it's typical for older generations to hold more wealth than younger ones who've had less time to save, the gap between the two age groups has widened rapidly."

"In 1984, households headed by people age 65 and older were worth just 10 times the median net worth of households headed by people 35 and younger.

But now that gap has widened to 47-to-one, marking the largest wealth gap ever recorded between the two age groups."

308860_10150926122045007_701765006_21204320_724107477_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Depends who decides. I would say, so far, my 2 grown sons are better off than I was at their age, but maybe they do not think so? I doubt it.

Basically a brainless piece of tripe.

Why hasn't Obama made it better?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

The New Generation

Ninspendo/Xbox/Playstation

No savings... credit cards ftl

$4.00 coffee's at Starbucks

Big Screen TV's

Smart phones/texting/sexting

Lunch @ Chili's and Olive Garden

New cars/full coverage insurance

Clothes up the ying yang

Reality TV = brainless/clueless

Spring break/more exotic vacation

Keeping up with the Joneses

2,000+ sq ft homes on crappy little lots that they can't afford

I-tunes

Nights out drinking and partying at metrosexual clubs with over priced sissy drinks/spendy green bottled beers

GPS for cars = retarded for the most part. I never needed one for driving, and never will

etc, etc, etc...

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The New Generation

Ninspendo/Xbox/Playstation

No savings... credit cards ftl

$4.00 coffee's at Starbucks

Big Screen TV's

Smart phones/texting/sexting

Lunch @ Chili's and Olive Garden

New cars/full coverage insurance

Clothes up the ying yang

Reality TV = brainless/clueless

Spring break/more exotic vacation

Keeping up with the Joneses

2,000+ sq ft homes on crappy little lots that they can't afford

I-tunes

Nights out drinking and partying at metrosexual clubs with over priced sissy drinks/spendy green bottled beers

GPS for cars = retarded for the most part. I never needed one for driving, and never will

etc, etc, etc...

Kip, this is NOT fair. 7 minutes JUSt for Belarus girls? The other vid was 8 minutes but covered BOTH Ukraine and Russia. I think you are biased!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Kip, this is NOT fair. 7 minutes JUSt for Belarus girls? The other vid was 8 minutes but covered BOTH Ukraine and Russia. I think you are biased!

Agreed...the 7min is total over kill. My net out here is super slow otherwise I would have checked out the other 50 Belarus chick vids. I got to the 5min mark on this one down below...but it took forever and then some to load. Were getting the new broadband when it's available in February.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."