TeapotGirl

Importance of communication screenshots and ongoing relationship proof during interview

44 members have voted

1. 1. We're you asked if you have screenshots?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Did the consul check it?

• yes
    • no
    • a little bit
  3. 3. What evidence of ongoing relationship was mostly scrutinized?

• Telephone bills
    • Mail/email
    • Pictures and passport because petitioner came back after filing
    • remittance receipt
    • I was just asked with few questions and I got approved.

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've heard and read more than 5 times that the consul doesn't even look or ask for a screenshot as your proof of ongoing relationship evidences.

It better be ready than sorry but I would like to know how many of you put so much effort into printing and documentation and it was not even asked.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I was just wonderin. Is this poll for K-1 visas only or is it applicable to IR1/CR1 cases as well? I have the same dilemma preparing such proofs and can't decide for myself. :wacko: Thanks for posting this topic, the poll result would be such of great help. :luv:

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Timeline

Hi! I was just wonderin. Is this poll for K-1 visas only or is it applicable to IR1/CR1 cases as well? I have the same dilemma preparing such proofs and can't decide for myself. :wacko: Thanks for posting this topic, the poll result would be such of great help. :luv:

I was just specifically asking about K-1 because I dunno what's the difference if it's spousal. I just know you have to show marriage contract.

Everyone's free to share their experiences though to give a general idea.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

when they interviewed him they didn't really look through much but we were put under AP so i think they looked at everything for us. i personally think they looked at our pics and my passport. also they read what i wrote on how we met.

Edited by hnubno

I was just specifically asking about K-1 because I dunno what's the difference if it's spousal. I just know you have to show marriage contract.

Everyone's free to share their experiences though to give a general idea.

I just finished preparing screenshots of our Facebook conversations and it reached a total of 268 pages. :blink: Yahoo messenger chats, skype videocalls log, magic jack calls log and telephone bills are not yet included. I really have no idea (to be on the safe side), on how many pages of such communication proofs will be needed. But yeah, I was hoping for Philippines IR1/CR1 applicants answers/advises. Sorry if I'm messing & creating confusions in your thread teapotgurl1983. :oops: If anybody happens to read my post, please do send me a message, write a comment or post in my profile. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. :wub:

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

I'm not putting a lot of time and effort into screenshots as they are weak evidence.

How many of us recorded WC screen shots in the beginning of the relationship? How many of us thought "Hey, lets record this in case we get serious later and need it for our K-1?". In addition to most screenshots lacking a timeslot, I think most CO's realize that this type of evidence is usually only a few months old when the applicants started building evidence. I am not saying it doesn't hurt. but I doubt if the CO's put a lot of trust in something that can be easily faked, or so new that it doesnt show the length of the relationship.

Chat logs are probably not of huge value either. With exception most can be easily faked. Anyone can create several online ID's, and crank off page after page of ficticious chatlogs. Again, they dont hurt, but are probably of little value. As with the screenshots, how many people "save" chat logs?? Most chatlogs are overwritten or erased by default after a set time period to prevent filling up the hardrive, and as in the screenshots these documents would probably only exist for recent conversations.

E-Mails seem to be of more value. Although the dates can be faked, I doubt most people would go to that length of deception. Additionally, the topics and events described in the emails can usual be read in succession and can show a rough timeline (ie talking about Chrismas, holidays, birthdays, etc..). Even without datestamps the emails hold some weight. I've printed out my emails to include the 'headers" showing the routing of the emails.

Photos by far are the superior evidence, even without datestamps. I couldnt remember the dates of some of my photos, but was able to match them up by looking at our wardrobe, hairlength, and type of weather outside. Heck, could even match a few by the depth of my summer tan! I doubt that a trained CO would have much trouble spotting fakes either. I've seen a few rejections on this site where the reason was "Inconsistent" photos, and I imagine the rejected package showed photos dated years apart, but with the couple in the same clothes and hairstyles.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well from my experience,thats what the consular officer asked from me! he looked and read the chat conversation and pictures/screenshots of me and my fiance.fb accounts,skype,yahoo messenger,and google gmail chat records.i tried to show him my other proofs but he ddint bother to look at it,he asked me some weird questions and then asking the same thing"when was the last time you talk to your fiance?"I just said,"just last night"! whatever he was thinking that time,IDC I am telling the truth to him!

Its not part of the poll but it seems that hand written letters with the envelopes to show postmarks and phone bills that show date, time, number called, and duration of calls are some of the most rock solid proof you can have.

K1 Visa Timeline

10/11/2010 - I-129F sent via USPS

10/19/2010 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 10/15/2010

04/08/2011- received NOA2 hard copy, dated 04/05/2011

04/12/2011- NVC received petition

04/18/2011- received letter from NVC

04/18/2011- Manila embassy received petition

04/27/2011- medical exam passed

05/04/2011- appointment letter received dated 06/01/2011

06/01/2011- appointment date, put on administrative review

06/24/2011- visa granted

06/29/2011- received visa

07/18/2011- cfo class

07/21/2011- arrived in America

09/02/2011- happily married!

AOS Timeline

12/01/2011- AOS packet sent

12/06/2011- received email and text from USCIS with MSC number

12/07/2011- check was cashed

12/10/2011- received NOA hard copy dated 12/05/2011

12/12/2011- received NOA hard copy for biometrics appointment for 12/28/2011

12/24/2011- received NOA hard copy stating that our case was transfered to CSC on 12/20/2011

12/28/2011- biometrics appointment completed

06/25/2012- put in service request

09/12/2012- AOS approved

09/17/2012- card production

09/21/2012- greencard in hand

ROC Timeline

08/04/2014 - sent ROC packet

08/13/2014 - received I-797, NOA, dated 08/08/2014

08/28/2014 - received biometric appt. letter for 09/11/2014

02/25/2015- ROC approved

Timeline

well from my experience,thats what the consular officer asked from me! he looked and read the chat conversation and pictures/screenshots of me and my fiance.fb accounts,skype,yahoo messenger,and google gmail chat records.i tried to show him my other proofs but he ddint bother to look at it,he asked me some weird questions and then asking the same thing"when was the last time you talk to your fiance?"I just said,"just last night"! whatever he was thinking that time,IDC I am telling the truth to him!

You're one of the few. But it's glad to know that your preparation was looked at. Wow.

Its not part of the poll but it seems that hand written letters with the envelopes to show postmarks and phone bills that show date, time, number called, and duration of calls are some of the most rock solid proof you can have.

mail/email and telephone bills are both in the option.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

As what the consul said during the America in 3D presentation, they want to know more about you, the applicant rather than reading all the chat logs or scrutinizing the screenshots. Like a job interview, they are just gonna scan your resume but they are gonna ask you to tell them about yourself. So what matters is how you answer the questions and how well you handled it. But then again it never hurts to prepare for those stuff -- just not overdo it i guess.

Naturalization Timeline - last hurrah!

04-25-2016 N-400 Filing Date
04-29-2016 NOA Date
05-02-2016 E-notification via email & text
05-05-2016 Received NOA in the mail
05-07-2016 Biometrics is scheduled
05-13-2016 Received Biometrics letter
05-20-2016 Biometrics walk-in (05/27/2016)
09-20-2016 E-notification: Interview is scheduled
09-26-2016 Interview Letter in the mail
10-24-2016 Interview Date (pending approval)

02-16-2017 Approved
06-09-2017 Oath Ceremony 

ROC Timeline
03-23-2015 Mailed ROC
03-24-2015 NOA1 Date
06-25-2015 Service Request for biometrics appointment
08-15-2015 Received Biometrics Letter
08-20-2015 Biometrics walk-in (08/24/2015)
09-03-2015 ROC Approval date
09-11-2015 GC on hand

K1 => AOS My K-1 Guide (Blog)

I'm not putting a lot of time and effort into screenshots as they are weak evidence.

How many of us recorded WC screen shots in the beginning of the relationship? How many of us thought "Hey, lets record this in case we get serious later and need it for our K-1?". In addition to most screenshots lacking a timeslot, I think most CO's realize that this type of evidence is usually only a few months old when the applicants started building evidence. I am not saying it doesn't hurt. but I doubt if the CO's put a lot of trust in something that can be easily faked, or so new that it doesnt show the length of the relationship.

Chat logs are probably not of huge value either. With exception most can be easily faked. Anyone can create several online ID's, and crank off page after page of ficticious chatlogs. Again, they dont hurt, but are probably of little value. As with the screenshots, how many people "save" chat logs?? Most chatlogs are overwritten or erased by default after a set time period to prevent filling up the hardrive, and as in the screenshots these documents would probably only exist for recent conversations.

E-Mails seem to be of more value. Although the dates can be faked, I doubt most people would go to that length of deception. Additionally, the topics and events described in the emails can usual be read in succession and can show a rough timeline (ie talking about Chrismas, holidays, birthdays, etc..). Even without datestamps the emails hold some weight. I've printed out my emails to include the 'headers" showing the routing of the emails.

Photos by far are the superior evidence, even without datestamps. I couldnt remember the dates of some of my photos, but was able to match them up by looking at our wardrobe, hairlength, and type of weather outside. Heck, could even match a few by the depth of my summer tan! I doubt that a trained CO would have much trouble spotting fakes either. I've seen a few rejections on this site where the reason was "Inconsistent" photos, and I imagine the rejected package showed photos dated years apart, but with the couple in the same clothes and hairstyles.

I don't want to scrutinize your post, but according to you everything is fake and doesn't show proof of the relationship. Well let me tell you like that. As you stated: "Photos by far are the superior evidence, even without datestamps" I can fake photos as easy as I can fake everything else. There are great software programs that will let you do whatever you want.

So according to you again the K-1 visas shouldn't even exist as you can never proof a relationship since everything is fake.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Questions, about how we met and our plans, photos and travel proof.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.