Ahk

Waiting for CR1 visa

14 posts in this topic

This Kabir from dhaka & recently I had my interview with Dhaka US embassy .But they gave me blue sheet 221(g) mentioning remarks additional process .

Me & my wife went to embassy & we both were present at the window where CO was taking our inteview . We have answered all his question then he told to wait us outside waiting room. After few mins he called me & ask some question to my wife.Then he gave me blue sheet & return my passport said you'll be contacted when we finally decide your case . But CO kept all of our marriage photo album & marriage certificate & police clearance.

Now already passed more than two week still no call receive from embassy.

Can anyone please give me any idea about this additional processing ? Is this takes long to issue visa or refusal for sometime ? If you have any personal experience on getting visa from dhaka us embassy & waiting for Additional processing please share with me .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should see if a mod can move this for you. You posted in the wrong section.

AP can take a few months to a year.

You can try calling DOS and asking them what the status of your case is at the embassy.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your reply inky .

Could you please confirm me DOS phone inquiry number 202-663-1225 this one or contacting to NVC by this one 603-334-070.

Use the DOS number, the NVC has nothing to do with your case since it left them.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

You can check the status of your case by calling NVC, 202-663-1225, press 1 then 0 to speak with the operator. We have been in AP for almost 2 months now, same story as you, no reason, just have to wait :(

You can check the status of your case by calling NVC, 202-663-1225, press 1 then 0 to speak with the operator. We have been in AP for almost 2 months now, same story as you, no reason, just have to wait :(

Thanks for your advise & my wife will call DOS very soon & she just departed from dhaka yesterday .

I feel so sad after her departure .

Thanks for your advise & my wife will call DOS very soon & she just departed from dhaka yesterday .

I feel so sad after her departure .

Yesterday My wife called DOS & they said my case still in embassy for information checking. But they dont know when it will complete .

Hello AHK:

Okay, pulled little bit more info from various sources at visajourney:

Administrative Processing (AP) - Generally all muslim men from countries on the *list of 26* between the ages of 18-45 get pulled for extra security checks. Getting a visa approval on the spot is few and far between in these areas and can take a week or even months to complete.

AP is extremely common for men of certain national origin. I would not recommend getting attorneys and senators involved in this at this point of the game. It could be two weeks to two months, but the person designated to run the security checks doesn't need the distraction of having the file pulled for multiple "status" inquires. They work these things in order of receipt and pulling it out of the stack creates the potential of the file sitting in an in-box, getting stuck on the bottom of a new stack or in office routing routines, or worst case Lost. Leave it alone to process through the system and don't worry too much until at least 3 months have passed which appears to be the magic number for AP in many but not all cases.

My suggestion: Please wait for the embassy to get back to you and give them 2 more weeks. If you don't hear anything from them within th enext2 weeks, reach out to them to confirm if something needs to be done on your end. Once you are able to hear from them, I guess all you can do is wait. However, check your email/mail on a regular basis. Don't panic if it says something that you didn't expect as they may send something standard.

Hope this would help a bit......

Hello AHK:

Okay, pulled little bit more info from various sources at visajourney:

Administrative Processing (AP) - Generally all muslim men from countries on the *list of 26* between the ages of 18-45 get pulled for extra security checks. Getting a visa approval on the spot is few and far between in these areas and can take a week or even months to complete.

AP is extremely common for men of certain national origin. I would not recommend getting attorneys and senators involved in this at this point of the game. It could be two weeks to two months, but the person designated to run the security checks doesn't need the distraction of having the file pulled for multiple "status" inquires. They work these things in order of receipt and pulling it out of the stack creates the potential of the file sitting in an in-box, getting stuck on the bottom of a new stack or in office routing routines, or worst case Lost. Leave it alone to process through the system and don't worry too much until at least 3 months have passed which appears to be the magic number for AP in many but not all cases.

My suggestion: Please wait for the embassy to get back to you and give them 2 more weeks. If you don't hear anything from them within th enext2 weeks, reach out to them to confirm if something needs to be done on your end. Once you are able to hear from them, I guess all you can do is wait. However, check your email/mail on a regular basis. Don't panic if it says something that you didn't expect as they may send something standard.

Hope this would help a bit......

Dear Brother ,

I have sent an email to embassy yesterday & they replied to me as below

The required additional processing is pending.We will contact you as soon as the process is complete.We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Thanks for your advise .I am not panic at all but I miss my wife so much who is far away from me right now.

Dear Brother ,

I have sent an email to embassy yesterday & they replied to me as below

The required additional processing is pending.We will contact you as soon as the process is complete.We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Thanks for your advise .I am not panic at all but I miss my wife so much who is far away from me right now.

Trust me, I understand that this is not an easy journey and takes a severe toll on ones life. I know at least one more person who is in the same shoe as you are for more than 2 months (on AP) and didn't hear anything from the embassy yet. Not that I am trying to paint a gory picture, but just giving you an idea that it takes months. Good luck for you two.

Trust me, I understand that this is not an easy journey and takes a severe toll on ones life. I know at least one more person who is in the same shoe as you are for more than 2 months (on AP) and didn't hear anything from the embassy yet. Not that I am trying to paint a gory picture, but just giving you an idea that it takes months. Good luck for you two.

May I know about your case? When you received CR1 visa from embassy ?

Thanks for your wish !

May I know about your case? When you received CR1 visa from embassy ?

Thanks for your wish !

Fortunately I am through the ordeal. Except for few bumps here and there, it was a very smooth ride for my wife. Beside, being a female, she was fortunate to bypass the AP. As such I am talking based on what I've seen around. I filed the application for her on late october 2010, her interview was approved on late July 2011 and she got her visa 2 days later, and she entered in US in early September. You can find all the dates in my Timeline as well.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.