one...two...tree

Pres. Clinton Answers Charges That He Didn't Do Enough To Capture Bin Laden...

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
pres clinton: wanted to live his dream of being president. and give us universal healthcare where we could go to jail if we did not go to the doctor the government told us to go to. doesn't sound much like freedom there.
Care to substantiate this nonsense?

sure, although now i will admit that it's been awhile ago and memory fades, so i did get a few facts wrong in this. it was doctors that could go to jail. and, after a phase in-period 50% of all doctors were to be trained in primary care instead of any specialty. so, lets say as a young man or woman your lifelong dream was to be a heart surgeon. you get to medical school and you're told by the government "sorry, we need you in primary care". does that sound like freedom to you? i don't know about you, but i wanted to be one thing since i was about 5 years old, and i'd be pretty unhappy if i was told by the government that i had to do something else. ......

Forget choosing your doctor

All doctors will eventually be forced to join governmental "health networks," in which bureaucrats will dictate what procedures they will be allowed to use-under penalty of fines, asset confiscation, and imprisonment. Doctors who refuse to join will be out of business. And the same holds true for alternative practitioners-chiropractors, vitamin therapists, homeopaths, etc.-since most won't be allowed to receive any insurance monies.

You can also forget about the freedom to choose your own doctor. You will only be allowed to select doctors from Clinton's approved list. And plans in which you can choose your own doctor are designed to be prohibitively expensive for most people.

The specialties doctors will be allowed to practice will also be determined by the state-further limiting your freedom of choice. Clinton's plan calls for "shifting the balance in the graduate training of physicians from specialties to primary care." And, "after a five year phase-in period, at least 50 percent of new physicians are trained in primary care rather than in the specific specialty fields."

http://www.fff.org/freedom/0194c.asp

so maybe i got some of my facts wrong in the first post, but the gist of the argument is supported, clinton's health care plan would restrict the freedoms of people.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wait wait wait....people still take what Clinton says as truth??? :blink:

We all know Clinton was too busy golfing to catch terrorists.

I'd still believe Clinton over BUSH any faking day. BUSH is corrupt. Clinton was just foolish enough to get his #######-out not such a #######-up really.

And was BUSH not cowering in some deep underground bunker post 9/11 to make an appearance in NY for nearly a week?? Bush ain't trying to catch Terrorists really he's trying to mess the middle-east up for good. Then China will take over the dominator game. He's stirred up the world big time :help: .

My my aren't you one opinionated individual. Did you sit over in the UK your whole life pondering politics in the US, and then take a special interest in the Clinton and Bush presidencies to form these totally unsubstantiated notions of yours? I just find it a little hard to swallow when someone moves here (or is trying to immigrate) to the US and then starts to bash it relentlessly. I certainly don't go to someone elses country and slam it, and I don't appreciate it when someone from another countrly does it to the US.

Edited by roi_aggie

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

I'd still believe Clinton over BUSH any faking day. BUSH is corrupt. Clinton was just foolish enough to get his #######-out not such a #######-up really.

And was BUSH not cowering in some deep underground bunker post 9/11 to make an appearance in NY for nearly a week?? Bush ain't trying to catch Terrorists really he's trying to mess the middle-east up for good. Then China will take over the dominator game. He's stirred up the world big time :help: .

My my aren't you one opinionated individual. Did you sit over in the UK your whole life pondering politics in the US, and then take a special interest in the Clinton and Bush presidencies to form these totally unsubstantiated notions of yours? I just find it a little hard to swallow when someone moves here (or is trying to immigrate) to the US and then starts to bash it relentlessly. I certainly don't go to someone elses country and slam it, and I don't appreciate it when someone from another countrly does it to the US.

:thumbs: everybody wants to slam the usa but they all want to live here

Timeline

Aint that the truth! Just amazing. :no:

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs: everybody wants to slam the usa but they all want to live here

LOL, I've noticed that too. I know a guy who has lived in the US on various visas since 1978. His kids grew up in the USA and are basically as American as apple pie. ALL HE DOES is ###### and bash the USA. When I told him I was coming back to America (he's English and I live in England) he basically begged me not to return. Yeah, fat chance. He says he's 'thought' about going back to England, but he thinks it would be worse there than it is in the US (true). I tell him not to bite the hand that feeds him, since he could never have been as successful in the UK as he has been in the USA, but all he wants to do is praise Queen and Country but refuses to actually endure the hardships of life in the UK. He's full of ######.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

Must be related to godsavethefukcingqueen

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

speaking of bashing the usa.....paging paulc aka sharky, table for one? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hehehe, they do sound very similar. I think my friend's problem is that he's a pretty bitter old dude. Maybe they should have deported him when he racked up a DUI. They didn't, tho; they let him go to AA instead. Softies. But he still hates us. We're still 'f*cking stupid' to him. He doesn't think I'm stupid, but I'm the exception apparently because I vote Democrat, I don't eat very much beef, I drive a fuel efficient car, and I speak four languages. Puh-LEEZE. I do sometimes wonder why I'm friends with the dude...he annoys the ####### out of me sometimes.

Edited by homesick_american

Timeline

Hehehe, they do sound very similar. I think my friend's problem is that he's a pretty bitter old dude. Maybe they should have deported him when he racked up a DUI. They didn't, tho; they let him go to AA instead. Softies. But he still hates us. We're still 'f*cking stupid' to him. He doesn't think I'm stupid, but I'm the exception apparently because I vote Democrat, I don't eat very much beef, I drive a fuel efficient car, and I speak four languages. Puh-LEEZE. I do sometimes wonder why I'm friends with the dude...he annoys the ####### out of me sometimes.

maybe you're friends with him for the entertainment value? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

:lol:

Hehe, good point; he is quite entertaining, though there are a lot of Maalox moments.

I do get tired of a fat judgemental English university dropout how 'fat, judgemental, and stupid' we are. I keep reminding him of glass houses and whatnot, but he doesn't listen. He's not stupid, though; he's incredibly intelligent. He's just bitter as all hell.

Edited by homesick_american

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think any of the presidents (at least since I've been alive) have been of a particularly high standard.

Clinton jumps out as being a 'basically nice guy', but that doesn't excuse some rather poor decisions made during his term of office, of which the Monica Lewinsky affair was simply trivial. Its not like the guy had his finger on the Doomsday button while she was under the table. :lol:

Edited by erekose

Timeline
I don't think any of the presidents (at least since I've been alive) have been of a particularly high standard.

Clinton jumps out as being a 'basically nice guy', but that doesn't excuse some rather poor decisions made during his term of office, of which the Monica Lewinsky affair was simply trivial. Its not like the guy had his finger on the Doomsday button while she was under the table. :lol:

how do you know that, were you there? he might have had it resting on the top of monica's head :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

how do you know that, were you there? he might have had it resting on the top of monica's head :lol:

I mean I don't think the issue is really worth bringing up, when there are other "policy-related" issues that Clinton can be criticised on - but the BJ is always the most prominent thing. Slamming him solely for lying under oath about a personal issue seems about as sordid as the original act. IMO.

Timeline

I mean I don't think the issue is really worth bringing up, when there are other "policy-related" issues that Clinton can be criticised on - but the BJ is always the most prominent thing. Slamming him solely for lying under oath about a personal issue seems about as sordid as the original act. IMO.

so lying under oath about that is ok then?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *