Bad_Daddy

Supreme Court won't hear same-sex adoptive parents case

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ya I can hear it now when that kid has his first sleep over. "Don't pay any attention to that noise upstairs, it's just my dad giving it to my dad".

Holidays would be a really big hit for that kid, especially at family diners, or better yet school sports events.

You made me chuckle...

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

What I can't understand is why any state would change birth certificates to list other people's names as parents. Birth certificates should be a record of birth and who the biological parents are.

Changing your parents to whomever you'd like would allow someone who has parents from Kenya to change their mother's name to someone from the US just for the sake of citizenship. Perhaps they could even become president someday!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What I can't understand is why any state would change birth certificates to list other people's names as parents. Birth certificates should be a record of birth and who the biological parents are.

Changing your parents to whomever you'd like would allow someone who has parents from Kenya to change their mother's name to someone from the US just for the sake of citizenship. Perhaps they could even become president someday!

I am not aware that birth certificates were changed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I am not aware that birth certificates were changed.

Yep, one of the benefits of legal adoption is that you can use the adoption order to get a new birth certificate.

Personally I'm looking forward to the day Gabby & Carlo get their new birth certificates listing me as their father...

Yep, one of the benefits of legal adoption is that you can use the adoption order to get a new birth certificate.

Personally I'm looking forward to the day Gabby & Carlo get their new birth certificates listing me as their father...

But you're not their father.

I understand wanting a document to reflect parental status. But, it doesn't make any sense to me that a government document that's an official record of birth and parents could be altered to reflect someone who is not the parent as being the parent.

If this is allowed to happen, who cares where Obama was born?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I did not know that. Seems strange. Changing the paper does not change the father, that is pretty well established.

Besides, it is only important that the kids think of you as the "father"...not the government.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I understand wanting a document to reflect parental status. But, it doesn't make any sense to me that a government document that's an official record of birth and parents could be altered to reflect someone who is not the parent as being the parent.

If this is allowed to happen, who cares where Obama was born?

I would only caution confusing words such as parent or father. I consider father as biological, that will not change, that cannot change.

I am NOT Sergey's or Pasha's father and never claim to be. I am definitely their parent.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Really?

What's you definition of Father?

Who is their father, the man who donated his sperm for their creation and never did anything else for them?

OR...

The man who has dealt with the daily issues of having deaf 2 year old, fought with doctors the get him Cochlear Implants, takes him to his appointments which include Speech Therapy, Aural Habilitation, Surgical follow-ups and Implant Programming?

The man who puts a roof over their heads, provides for their every need, cooks them breakfast, taught them how to play with trucks & LEGO?

I AM THEIR FATHER and anyone who thinks otherwise can take a log walk off a short plank pointing over the side of a ship in the middle of the ocean!

I would only caution confusing words such as parent or father. I consider father as biological, that will not change, that cannot change.

I am NOT Sergey's or Pasha's father and never claim to be. I am definitely their parent.

Agreed.

However, what word would you use for "mother and father" when referring to both of them collectively?

I fully understand the difference between the POS sperm donor and the man who actually raises the child. But, the only way to differentiate is to say "biolgical father" instead of "parent." I'm not messing around with all that since, in this case, any "parent" can be changed. My thoughts on this matter are none of the "biological parents" should be changed.

I have no problem with an addendum on official birth certs that say something to the effect of "adopted by __________, father/mother" but the name of the adoptive parents should never take the place of the biological parents since they're the ones who are actually responsible for the birth of that child.

Русский форум член.

I AM THEIR FATHER

I so just saw Darth Vader.

I'm not trying to downplay your role. However, the sperm donor is the one responsible for the creation of that child, not you. As such, he should be listed on the birth cert. I have no problem with a checked box indicating you're now Darth Vader and have superceded his rights as a parent.

What I'm baffled by is how the government allows legal documents to be changed to indicate anyone other than the biological parents is responsible for the birth of a child. Can we not see problems with that down the road?

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm not trying to downplay your role. However, the sperm donor is the one responsible for the creation of that child, not you. As such, he should be listed on the birth cert. I have no problem with a checked box indicating you're now Darth Vader and have superceded his rights as a parent.

What I'm baffled by is how the government allows legal documents to be changed to indicate anyone other than the biological parents is responsible for the birth of a child. Can we not see problems with that down the road?

I agree with you one hundred percent, it's a "BIRTH certificate" a record of birth and the "facts" pertaining to that occasion.

The question of who played the father role is arbitrary in some cases and more clear in others but it has nothing to do with the biological facts recorded at the court house.

One might wonder how they respond to a medical inquiry about the family health history..... do they further pretend the adoptive parents information can substitute for the Birth fathers?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

One might wonder how they respond to a medical inquiry about the family health history..... do they further pretend the adoptive parents information can substitute for the Birth fathers?

Exactly my point.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Really?

What's you definition of Father?

Who is their father, the man who donated his sperm for their creation and never did anything else for them?

OR...

The man who has dealt with the daily issues of having deaf 2 year old, fought with doctors the get him Cochlear Implants, takes him to his appointments which include Speech Therapy, Aural Habilitation, Surgical follow-ups and Implant Programming?

The man who puts a roof over their heads, provides for their every need, cooks them breakfast, taught them how to play with trucks & LEGO?

I AM THEIR FATHER and anyone who thinks otherwise can take a log walk off a short plank pointing over the side of a ship in the middle of the ocean!

I admire your sentiment and the children are lucky to have you. Good for you. we need a whole lot more people like this. I feel the same about our children. I will never treat them or refer to them in any way other than my sons. Do not confuse semantic with devotion

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I would never downplay the role of an adoptive parent or step parent, ever. Our boys birth certificates were translated, presented as needed and put away. I talked to Sergey a few minutes ago via skype, he needed some advice on a situation, the type you ask your DAD about, he asks me. Pasha the same. They do not call that guy on the birth certifcate, he is likely drunk and couldn;t possibly care less. They now that I will stop what I am doing, tell my employer to pound sand up his @ss if necessary (it never is) and help them. Sergey is emailing me some information regarding his education for me to review, Alla has assigned that duty to me...the education of OUR son. My number is their cell phones as "dad" and y'know what that means, when you are in their PHONE as "dad", dude, you ARE dad! :lol:

The medical information is important for biological children to be sure. Some things just need to be accepted, put away, and referred to when necessary.

Gary And Alla