lynn2018

Riads in Casablanca

86 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is not legal in Morocco to stay with your fiancee before marriage.

I found that beautiful!!!! Smile

cohabitation in a dwelling without marriage in morocco is illegal from a islamic stand point which is the basis of their laws and constituition.

Get married then enjoy yourselves.

Ameen!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

In Morocco, social norms are still very traditional, for the most part. If a family encourages their son to bed with a woman before marriage, it's a sign of disrespect. The family of a Moroccan woman from a good family would consider it an insult for the man's family to facilitate cohabitation between the son and their daughter. That needs to be said because this board has a high rate of failure, much of it due to a lack of understanding of Arab cultures by women who go there with no guidance regarding how most people think.

In Morocco, social norms are still very traditional, for the most part. If a family encourages their son to bed with a woman before marriage, it's a sign of disrespect. The family of a Moroccan woman from a good family would consider it an insult for the man's family to facilitate cohabitation between the son and their daughter. That needs to be said because this board has a high rate of failure, much of it due to a lack of understanding of Arab cultures by women who go there with no guidance regarding how most people think.

:pop:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're not Moroccan women. We'll sleep with whoever we damn well please. I understand the culture as well as anyone could, too. I lived there. What goes on behind closed doors in Morocco would blow your very traditional Palestinian mind. That's all I'll say.

Timeline

We're not Moroccan women. We'll sleep with whoever we damn well please. I understand the culture as well as anyone could, too. I lived there. What goes on behind closed doors in Morocco would blow your very traditional Palestinian mind. That's all I'll say.

I know Morocco better than you. I've been going there since 1968 when my family settled there, I own a home there and have family there. You can believe what you want, but I also speak Arabic and Darija fluently, so I know what been said about western women who stay with Moroccan men when their two-faced families aren't smiling at you. The number of breakups on this board speaks volumes and says it better than I can.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

I know Morocco better than you. I've been going there since 1968 when my family settled there, I own a home there and have family there. You can believe what you want, but I also speak Arabic and Darija fluently, so I know what been said about western women who stay with Moroccan men when their two-faced families aren't smiling at you. The number of breakups on this board speaks volumes and says it better than I can.

Ah, but we weren't discussing what's said, but what is done.

Timeline

Ah, but we weren't discussing what's said, but what is done.

I know what's done, but what a man does is judged differently than what a woman does. There's nothing new about that. There's a distinct advantage in knowing what's being spread behind your back about what goes on behind closed doors. This is a place where not much goes unnoticed or unspoken,

Timeline

I know what's done, but what a man does is judged differently than what a woman does. There's nothing new about that. There's a distinct advantage in knowing what's being spread behind your back about what goes on behind closed doors. This is a place where not much goes unnoticed or unspoken,

Listen, all I'm saying is that if a couple is caught cohabitating before marriage in Morocco by authorities- a few Dh, and you're free to go. Whatever may be SAID by family members about us western women, they have no issues letting us sleep with their sons if it means they get a visa. So basically, Moroccans are "very traditional" until you wave $$ signs in their face, and then they look the other way. That's NOT traditional, that's slimy and dishonest. Try the aforementioned in the UAE, and oh, you're going to JAIL. THAT'S traditional and conservative. I really could care less what some so called "traditional" Moroccans say about me behind my back. You put me in jail in Dubai, THAT gets my attention. :blink:

Timeline

Listen, all I'm saying is that if a couple is caught cohabitating before marriage in Morocco by authorities- a few Dh, and you're free to go. Whatever may be SAID by family members about us western women, they have no issues letting us sleep with their sons if it means they get a visa. So basically, Moroccans are "very traditional" until you wave $$ signs in their face, and then they look the other way. That's NOT traditional, that's slimy and dishonest. Try the aforementioned in the UAE, and oh, you're going to JAIL. THAT'S traditional and conservative. I really could care less what some so called "traditional" Moroccans say about me behind my back. You put me in jail in Dubai, THAT gets my attention. :blink:

You've made my point, Sarah. Western women who engage in sex out of wedlock with Moroccan men are generally seen as good for a visa, but they're not respectable. There's plenty of tradition in that point of view. A lack of respect has broken up a lot of VJ marriages. You may not be interested in that information, but insha'allah, there are some here who will be.

Happy New Year, all!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

You've made my point, Sarah. Western women who engage in sex out of wedlock with Moroccan men are generally seen as good for a visa, but they're not respectable. There's plenty of tradition in that point of view. A lack of respect has broken up a lot of VJ marriages. You may not be interested in that information, but insha'allah, there are some here who will be.

Happy New Year, all!

Sofiyya is absolutely right, Firtly to make clear the law is based on islamic laws...SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE AND ANYTHING THAT LEADS TO IT IS HARAAM(prohibited) A bribe might work sometimes and it might NOT work,it depends on the peticular officer... Bribery is haram(generally) in islam unless the person who is paying the bribe, needs to obtain his rights but it is ALWAYS HARAM on the one who asks for the bribe money(Shaikh Uthaymeen Al Kaba'irr) :blink:

so with that understood receiving a bribe and paying for a bribe for something that is haram is haraam all together no exceptions :devil::bonk:

@ sofiyya: How many VJ breakups from Morocco have occured? Because Americans need to be warned about this :crying:

Edited by Eesaan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.