corey&eliseo

fiance visa application

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello to everyone:)

though i'm still in the petition phase of the fiance visa, i still have a lot of questions about the next step (my fiance's application), such as:

1)Does my fiance fill out the fiance visa application in English or Spanish? (He will be speaking Spanish in the interview in Nicaragua)

2)How long after marriage can we travel abroad? Special permission for honeymoon?

3)When are we able to move to a different state?

4)When/why do I need to use InfoPass?

5)The beneficiary is a citizen of Nicaragua currently resides in Costa Rica... During the application process, how much time will he need to take off from work to be in Nicaragua?

6)Can his family come to the US for the wedding?

7)I'll be with my fiance for the next two days... what info should we start to gather for his future application while we're still together in person?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

though i'm still in the petition phase of the fiance visa, i still have a lot of questions about the next step (my fiance's application), such as:

1)Does my fiance fill out the fiance visa application in English or Spanish? (He will be speaking Spanish in the interview in Nicaragua)

2)How long after marriage can we travel abroad? Special permission for honeymoon?

3)When are we able to move to a different state?

4)When/why do I need to use InfoPass?

5)The beneficiary is a citizen of Nicaragua currently resides in Costa Rica... During the application process, how much time will he need to take off from work to be in Nicaragua?

6)Can his family come to the US for the wedding?

7)I'll be with my fiance for the next two days... what info should we start to gather for his future application while we're still together in person?

1- English

2- It is NOT recommended to travel abroad whatsoever, until s/he receives the green card.

3- that's up to you

4- That depends on what information you need.

5- That also depends on when his interview is. I am the petitioner and I will fly to be with my fiancee at his interview. I'm taking 1 week.

6- That depends on the traveling policies between Nicaragua and the US. If they need to apply for a tourist visa, they'll need to be approved for that. Have your fiancee check those policies.

7- Ok, this is very important. Bring all the forms to fill them out in English. Save the following: boarding passes, luggage tags, passport stamps, hotel receipts, atm or bank transactions, transportation receipts. Also all the receipts of any transactions incurred during your visit. These items are extremely important. If you don't submit this, chances are you will receive an RFE. This is the irrefutable proof that you have met in person.

Take many pictures, full frontal with you fiancee. If you can, go to national landmarks and take pictures there as proof that you were where you claim you were. If you can take pictures of his friends and family with you, better. Bring copies of your emails, skype or chat logs, phone bills so he can start building a file for his interview. If you have incurred in any transactions associated with your engagement, bring copies of those receipts.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

1. English. All official documents that are being provided (for example, birth certificates) should be translated into English as well.

2. After you get married and file for AOS/EAD/AP (Advanced Parole) ... once you receive AP or your green card, you can travel outside of the United States. There is no special permission for a honeymoon.

3. You can move to a different state at any time, as far as I know. As long as it's within the US, you're fine.

4. Don't know much about InfoPass other than it's often used when there's a problem with USCIS.

5. The beneficiary may need to take time off for the medical exam and the interview.

6. If they have a Visa or live in a country that does not require one, yes, they can visit.

7. If you've already filed for the K1, you need to look forward to the interview. You need to fill out the I-134, gather supporting evidence, further proof of ongoing relationship, police and birth certificates for the beneficiary, updated letters of intent. I suggest you read the guides.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

First i would look at the VJ guides, USCIS site, for most of these answers. I would do it in English, You cannot travel abroad untill you file for AOS and get an AP. You can live in any state in the US. See the guides for more information, the more you educate your self the easier this will be. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

:ot: I-134 is for K1/K3/CR1 visas.. and I-864 is for showing support for family immigrating to USA OTHER then Fiance or wife?! is this correct.. i am getting confused.. thanks..

:ot2:

I FOUND THE ANSWER>> THANKS!

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1)Does my fiance fill out the fiance visa application in English or Spanish? (He will be speaking Spanish in the interview in Nicaragua) What visa application? Tourist? Student? You the petitioner, the USC, fill out the K-1 and it's all in English.2)How long after marriage can we travel abroad? Special permission for honeymoon? After you marry within 90 days and apply for AOS and obtain either the EAD or GC Read the Guides for AOS No special anything for honeymoon, it's all the same.

3)When are we able to move to a different state? Any time you want.

4)When/why do I need to use InfoPass? Only if there seems to be a problem with your petition. Usually never.

5)The beneficiary is a citizen of Nicaragua currently resides in Costa Rica... During the application process, how much time will he need to take off from work to be in Nicaragua? Maybe none. He will be obtaining his visa at the CR Embassy.

6)Can his family come to the US for the wedding? Sure if they can obtain a tourist visa. His K-1 and their visiting are exclusive events and have no affect on each other.

7)I'll be with my fiance for the next two days... what info should we start to gather for his future application while we're still together in person? Read the Guides......hint,,,,letter of intent, G-2325A, Passport photos.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.