Caladan

Possibly the stupidest question ever...

10 posts in this topic

The NOA1 notification does not arrive via e-mail, but by regular post, correct?

So I can stop checking my e-mail compulsively and go work on my dissertation?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you've signed up for email notification, you will receive an email, followed by the NOA1 via snail mail.

Even if you do not check your email compulsively, your NOA1 will arrive just the same. :)

ETA: ignore this post. I was thinking NOA2..... :wacko:

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
The NOA1 notification does not arrive via e-mail, but by regular post, correct?

So I can stop checking my e-mail compulsively and go work on my dissertation?

In order to sign up for email notifications you will need either the NOA1 form sent to you by snail mail, or check with your bank for the canceled check. The number on the NOA1 receipt form or number on the back of the canceled check will be needed in order to sign up for the email notifications at the USCIS website.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I am surmising that the "VSC receipt" date of (19 September) is from package tracking?

Give it a few days to a week, for VSC to "in process" your case. VSC is fast, but not that fast.

How does one sign up for that? I thought you needed the case number to sign up for the notification.

Yeah, that's just package tracking. Had enough problems with the mailman deciding to kill my post lately that that counted as a big deal.

ETA: Okay. So no need to refresh the e-mail box. Sorry. Slightly OCD day here.

Edited by Caladan

AOS

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
How does one sign up for that? I thought you needed the case number to sign up for the notification.

Yeah, that's just package tracking. Had enough problems with the mailman deciding to kill my post lately that that counted as a big deal.

ETA: Okay. So no need to refresh the e-mail box. Sorry. Slightly OCD day here.

Can sign up here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp You will need your case number either from NOA1 form, or back of canceled check.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Yup, all signed up, just need the NOA1. Was just curious as there's a space for an e-mail address on the I-129F. And really just bouncing off the walls because my mother is driving me crazy about wedding stuff.

AOS

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I never received any e-mail regarding my NOA1, Only got the snail mail...

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Yup, all signed up, just need the NOA1. Was just curious as there's a space for an e-mail address on the I-129F. And really just bouncing off the walls because my mother is driving me crazy about wedding stuff.

So you signed up using the info on the back of your cheque then?

As for your mom, not sure where you will be interviewing, but talk on the Canada forum is tending towards a 3 - 4 month wait if you are interviewing in Montreal. Shorter of course, if using Vancouver.

Here's a thought - let your mom check obsessively for you, so that you can go back to work on your dissertation! :lol::lol:

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

You can sign up on the USCIS site without the NOA1. Of course, you can't do anything interesting without it, but you can fill in the forms with your name and make an account. You just can't enter a case status to pursue.

We'll be interviewing in Vancouver, I expect, as he's from Alberta.

When you get engaged, you find out your mother, whom you had estimated as a sane and reasonable woman based on 27 years of her being a sane and reasonable force, suddenly has opinions on everything from the length of the train to the tiers on the veil to whether the neighbor thinks 'can't you just get married and automatically have him be a citizen?'

AOS

-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.