EAbbas

AP can anyone decipher what DOS is saying???

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We had our interview june 15th.. knowing to expect AP and of cos we have it... ive inquired a lot of info lately but just trying to decode (and maybe I can't) what DOS says to us

In the beginning we were told its pending so many times.. then in september the answers seemed to change some.. we had last update as August which would co incide with name checks being complete (not sure because they won't say)

Did find out we never got sent to name checks in washington and recently we have been told the next update should be that our visa has been issued.. the last few times we have been told its at the embassy and they are working on it and yesterday we heard it was in processing at embassy...

Asked if we were in final review and he said he couldnt disclose that info.. (ok of cos i know just tried to see if he would answer :( )

Can ANYBODY shed any light on the changes in our DOS answers? or is it hopeless to try? it will be 4 months on the 15th and 90 business days soon after...

I know ap has no time frame but of cos we are just searching for anything that tells us we are getting close..

and btw we have emailed the embassy but they dont seem to want to reply... ive tried calling as well but can't get thru

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Well, all of us will never know what any of it means...and that is the way they want it. From what I have learned about AP that the length is different for every area...I know mine is usually finished within 90days....I have heard Pakistan taking 6 months....I really do think, and I know this is hard, that you need to get away from VJ and clear your thinking. This is a tough enough situation we are in and thinking about it everyday will only drive you crazy....Which I know because it did it to me. You have 2 months left to REALLY start to worry....if nothing happens after 90 days or 6 months then I would start demanding answers...I pray it is soon though!! :o)

11/17/10-Mailed I-129F via FedEx!!!

11/18/10-Received this morning and signed! (on our way)

11/25/10-Received Email this morning that they have received Application and sent to VSC!

11/26/10-"Touched"

11/28/10-"Touched"

11/29/10-"Touched"

12/01/10-"Touched"

12/01/10-Received NOA1 Hardcopy

12/02/10-"Touched"

04/19/11-NOA2 APPROVED

04/25/11-NVC Received

04/28/09-Left NVC

05/01/11-Consulate Received

08/15/11-Interview!!

Interview Result- AP :o(

10/10/2011-AP FINISHED..Visa READY Thank you Jesus!!

10/24/11-Visa in HAND!!!

event.png

Timeline

I was hoping you would hear the good news by now. In my research the average time is 3 1/2 months. It's gotta be frustrating to not get an answer. we have about a week before our 3 monts in AP. If you havent heard anything yet I'm starting to lose hope on hearing anything soon:(

CvOzm4.png

Timeline

I have had a congressman and senator call without any help. I've been calling DOS without any answers. My husband called the us embassy in ISB and was able to get through. They told him that there was an issue b/c I was a co sponsor for my brother's wife who had an interview 4 days before my husband and was approved. I dont know if they're thinking that I'm a sponsoring factory or something. I dont know why that would be an issue. I have sufficient income to sponsor both. They didnt ask for any additional documents so I dont know whats going on.

I called ISB embassy as well. I stayed up so late just so I can talk to them. They didnt tell me that there was an issue with me about co-sponsoring my sister-in-law, they just said it's pending and that they couldnt give me any details.

Only God can help us. I'm trying to stay patient but this journey is exhausting.

CvOzm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

SM 2010 Hate to bust your bubble but I would not be suprised if that type of co-sponsoring tends to have the effect of sending the packet to a Fraud Prevention Unit for more scrutiny.

Edited by Sergi9

We had our interview june 15th.. knowing to expect AP and of cos we have it... ive inquired a lot of info lately but just trying to decode (and maybe I can't) what DOS says to us

In the beginning we were told its pending so many times.. then in september the answers seemed to change some.. we had last update as August which would co incide with name checks being complete (not sure because they won't say)

Did find out we never got sent to name checks in washington and recently we have been told the next update should be that our visa has been issued.. the last few times we have been told its at the embassy and they are working on it and yesterday we heard it was in processing at embassy...

Asked if we were in final review and he said he couldnt disclose that info.. (ok of cos i know just tried to see if he would answer :( )

Can ANYBODY shed any light on the changes in our DOS answers? or is it hopeless to try? it will be 4 months on the 15th and 90 business days soon after...

I know ap has no time frame but of cos we are just searching for anything that tells us we are getting close..

and btw we have emailed the embassy but they dont seem to want to reply... ive tried calling as well but can't get thru

Did you try calling the Embassy directly. they might have more specific answer for you.

Timeline

Did you try calling the Embassy directly. they might have more specific answer for you.

Yep... they have only responded once in August... i emailed them in september but no response ive tried calling but the lines are really strange cant get thru... ive contacted my congressman as of yesterday... hes already put together a formal inquiry...

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

SM 2010 Hate to bust your bubble but I would not be suprised if that type of co-sponsoring tends to have the effect of sending the packet to a Fraud Prevention Unit for more scrutiny.

I really am surprised that that would be an issue. I just dont understand why that would be considered fraud.

CvOzm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm a little out of my depth on this one. My AP is totally different. I've been to the Vietnam consulate in Saigon many times. They have a US citizens hour Tuesday and Wednesday from 4 to 5pm. If you are a USC you talk to a CO. They are notoriously tight lipped about case info. The info is on the countries embassy/consulate website. Don't know if you could try that there. The catch is you have to be a USC and in country. It can be a tough wait when the end seems so near. Keep the faith..don't lose hope.

May 29, 09, had attorney send I-129F to USCIS

June 3, 09, USCIS received I-129F

June 4, 09, USCIS I-797C, 1st NOA notice date.

Aug 28, 09, USCIS sends I-797E NOA. RFE requesting further evidence we have met within 2 years prior

Sept 3, 09, I sent updated RFE info to USCIS

Sept 8, 09 USCIS receives my info

Sept 11, 09 USCIS sends I-797C NOA--I-129F Petition approved, also forwards petition to NVC

Sept 23, 09 NVC receives approved I-129F from USCIS also forwards petition to consulate in HCMC

Dec 4, 09 Interview at HCMC Consulate, Blue slip, timeline, ex's address, medical results from Cho Ray

Jan 4, 10 Turned in timeline, ex,s address. White slip, 221(g) for lack of medical results. AP pending results.

Jan 4, 10 Cho Ray diagnosis--class A active multi drug resistant tb. Treatment time 18 to 24 months.

Jan 6, 10 I email consulate re: what do we do next, since K1 expires Jan 10, 10.

Jan 13, 10 Consulate replies--They have received all requested documents and the case is pending a CO review

Since the case is pending due to treatment of tb, the case is still active until treat-

ment is complete provided we contact the consulate every 6 months and notify

them she is under treatment to keep the file in open status.

Jan 14, 10 to July 2012 we wait.

July 2012, visa issued.

Aug 2012, Marriage in US.

Timeline

Lots of individuals sponsor family members it's not uncommon...

I'm a little out of my depth on this one. My AP is totally different. I've been to the Vietnam consulate in Saigon many times. They have a US citizens hour Tuesday and Wednesday from 4 to 5pm. If you are a USC you talk to a CO. They are notoriously tight lipped about case info. The info is on the countries embassy/consulate website. Don't know if you could try that there. The catch is you have to be a USC and in country. It can be a tough wait when the end seems so near. Keep the faith..don't lose hope.

Thanks.. I had a friend recently who went to pakistan to visit her husband and the embassy wouldnt let her come in or see her or make an appt to talk with her.. LOL I just hope our congressman can get some info.. maybe he can.. if not we just wait... :)

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.