BritishFloridian

Request for more evidence

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So I've been waiting for MONTHS now (I had my biometrics appointment in March) for my new green card to arrive in the mail. I opened the mail box on Saturday and my heart did a little pitter patter seeing an envelope from USCIS Vermont! Woohoo.............NOT....They have requested more evidence that our marriage is entered into in good faith! I sent them a bunch of things- joint accounts, signed affadavits from friends....but apparently it wasnt enough :wacko: I'm preparing to send them more evidence right now, is this good to submit:

*Correspondence addressed to us individually, at the same address

*Our joint tax return (I couldnt submit this initially because we mailed off our petition for removal way before tax season!)

*Photos of us- I have a photo of us at my husbands paramedic graduation ceremony, maybe if I include that photo AND a copy of his paramedic license they can see the dates etc, and it will be evidence?

* Neither of us has a will- maybe we should make one? We barely have any assets worth making a will for, but I think all you need in Florida to make a will legal is the signature of two witnesses?

*Another copy of our life insurance: I'm certain I submitted a printout but maybe it wasn't official enough as it wasn't listed in their letter- I will try again

*Our lease - again I was so sure I submitted this but it wasnt mentioned in their letter! I will get another copy of our lease and submit it again

*Our vacation to Mexico flight itinerary and photos from the vacation

Is there anything else you would suggest? How good are photos as evidence? Would they take a CD with photos considering the cost of printing them out?

Also, does anyone know the general time line after submission of evidence to approval?

Thanks!! Gosh, I thought our immigration fiasco was almost over, but I should have known better LOL :blink:

PS- I havent gone out of the country since April when my first Greencard expired (we squeezed in one last trip and went to Mexico on holiday with our petition already filed, and the customs official said "your card is about to expire" (really, I had nooooo idea as IF lol) SO I've been nervous about taking an international trip since then with my expired card and that letter they give you about your case being processed...do you think that it will take another 8 months before I hear back from USCIS once I send them more information, or will it be a quicker process? I'd love to go see family for christmas...

I sent the entire tax records just to be safe, the Two year thing i mentioned is not just for Tax, you have to show them evidence of a good marriage for the two years, bank statements ect, select a few spanning the two years, i sent in about eight from like Jan/March/July/Oct(2009)Feb/June/Sept/Dec(2010)

Pics on a CD, I did this for AOS and have done it for ROC this time also took a CD for AOS interview.

I sent the entire tax records just to be safe, the Two year thing i mentioned is not just for Tax, you have to show them evidence of a good marriage for the two years, bank statements ect, select a few spanning the two years, i sent in about eight from like Jan/March/July/Oct(2009)Feb/June/Sept/Dec(2010)

Pics on a CD, I did this for AOS and have done it for ROC this time also took a CD for AOS interview.

Great! I will give them a TON of pics on CD spanning three years for good measure

PS- I havent gone out of the country since April when my first Greencard expired (we squeezed in one last trip and went to Mexico on holiday with our petition already filed, and the customs official said "your card is about to expire" (really, I had nooooo idea as IF lol) SO I've been nervous about taking an international trip since then with my expired card and that letter they give you about your case being processed...do you think that it will take another 8 months before I hear back from USCIS once I send them more information, or will it be a quicker process? I'd love to go see family for christmas...

Hopefully you shall hear back soon, but if you don't, don't be too nervous about flying with your expired greencard and your letter (NOA1). :) I did that this summer and had no problems at all. A couple of the officers did not know what the letter was, but a few words with their supervisors cleared everything up.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Hopefully you shall hear back soon, but if you don't, don't be too nervous about flying with your expired greencard and your letter (NOA1). :) I did that this summer and had no problems at all. A couple of the officers did not know what the letter was, but a few words with their supervisors cleared everything up.

Good to know! :)

Does anyone know- If the Vermont Center is going through all of this via mail with me does that mean I wont be having an in person interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great! I will give them a TON of pics on CD spanning three years for good measure

They may not use the CD considering they are not allowed to put anything on their computers.

You will want to print pages of pictures with captions instead incase the CD becomes discarded and you lose a bunch of your " proof "

Good to know! :)

Does anyone know- If the Vermont Center is going through all of this via mail with me does that mean I wont be having an in person interview?

No you can still end up with one if they deem it needed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Did you include joint credit cards? And did the bank accounts cover the whole two year period?

For all the financials we sent a couple for each year covering the two year period. For the photos we printed about 20 onto normal paper with captions saying where and when - they also spanned the two year period and included a variety of our relatives in them too - so my parents - his parents etc

Car titles?

Pensions showing each other as beneficiary

Health insurance documents?

And at this point it might not hurt to include a couple more notarized affidavits from family/friends who know you well and are part of your lives. I was going to get my mother-in-law whose farm we live on, and our closest couple friends to do one if we had got an RFE.

Edited by LSMA

This has kind of been mentioned but it's worth saying again. Make sure that all the evidence you send is covering the whole span of your marriage. Multiple statements over time, bills, insurances, tax transcipts, (this is better than worrying about sending the whole return) etc. Pictures are nice, and we did send them, but they aren't considered primary, weighty evidence. The evidence covering your financial and living arrangements are what's most important here.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

married within the two years, they want things togather jointly, as a married couple, finacials, banking,joint taxes,on your insurance policy, joint lease, or rent,joint utility bills,cell phones family plan.all showing the same address,trips togather, photos togather with family and friends dates , 401k you had a baby togather doctor bills, hospital bills.loans togather,both of you are club members, aaa auto club,sams club, casco club.aarp club,gym togather, receipts, joint credit cards, joint atm cards.a letter from your church, money statement member,a letter from your bank you both have a joint account since when, i hope some of these things can help,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.