10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello everybody

i did my first interview in 21 sept and they keep my passport with them . They asked me to come back in 3 october for other interview. Has anybody ever had to do this before? is this a good sign ?

Thank you everybody

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, if they knew already that they would deny you, there is no reason to keep your passport, they would give it back after the first interview and tell you no. The only reasons to keep your passport is to attach a visa to it or examine it further. The extra info in your case is the "additional interview". In my mind there are two possibilities.

Their instinct is approve but something doesn't seem quite right so they want additional time to check it out, want one more chance to talk to you before they can be confident saying yes. Or their instinct was to deny and they wanted extra time to research, and an extra interview to flush out their concerns.

Did they give you any papers at all to explain the second interview? Could they have just meant come back in a week to get your passport? That's how it was phrased to us, "here is an appointment time to come back to get your passport."

Was it like this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is somewhat unusual, but not unheard of.

Is there anything you are supposed to bring to the second interview (more proof of bonafide relationship, the petitioner to attend, supporting docs for I-134 etc)?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They kept your passport that is a good sign, did they kept the blue slip inside the passport? If so this is also a good sign. The fact that they set a second interview date is great. My husband was in the same case they kept his passport but they took 61 days to call him back he was placed under Administrative Processing. Just be prepared for the second interview and bring pics and anything else that proves the validity of the relationship.

Good luck,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They keep you passport, it is a good sign as previous members said. Be ready to present all evidence that you have in the 2nd interview, bring chat logs, more pictures, phone record, whatever you think it might help ... and make sure you know everything about you fiancee ... Good Luck!

"An unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. They gave no papers for the second interview. I gave them a lot of evidence and they asked me like 5 questions and they told me they will check the evidence and they will call me next week for second interview . They called me in 5 days and told me to come on october 3 which is 7 days later. Thank you

Well, if they knew already that they would deny you, there is no reason to keep your passport, they would give it back after the first interview and tell you no. The only reasons to keep your passport is to attach a visa to it or examine it further. The extra info in your case is the "additional interview". In my mind there are two possibilities.

Their instinct is approve but something doesn't seem quite right so they want additional time to check it out, want one more chance to talk to you before they can be confident saying yes. Or their instinct was to deny and they wanted extra time to research, and an extra interview to flush out their concerns.

Did they give you any papers at all to explain the second interview? Could they have just meant come back in a week to get your passport? That's how it was phrased to us, "here is an appointment time to come back to get your passport."

Was it like this?

Timeline

Thank you. They did not ask for anything at all. They only told me they will call me for second interview and kept my passport. They called me for october 3 to come in. I will bring with me more evidence , pictures , financial, ect .Thank you

It is somewhat unusual, but not unheard of.

Is there anything you are supposed to bring to the second interview (more proof of bonafide relationship, the petitioner to attend, supporting docs for I-134 etc)?

Timeline

Thank you. They kept my passport but i did not see if they kept the blue slip inside the passport . I will bring more evidence and pictures with me .Thank you for your help

They kept your passport that is a good sign, did they kept the blue slip inside the passport? If so this is also a good sign. The fact that they set a second interview date is great. My husband was in the same case they kept his passport but they took 61 days to call him back he was placed under Administrative Processing. Just be prepared for the second interview and bring pics and anything else that proves the validity of the relationship.

Good luck,

Timeline

Thank you . I will bring more evidence, pictures, ect. Thank you very much

They keep you passport, it is a good sign as previous members said. Be ready to present all evidence that you have in the 2nd interview, bring chat logs, more pictures, phone record, whatever you think it might help ... and make sure you know everything about you fiancee ... Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.