esaga1

I-94 will soon expires!!!! Help!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys... im confused right now... my I-94 will soon expires on Sept. 29, 2006... im currently working right now... i already applied for my AOA and EAD... my problem is...can i still continue working while my EAD is on the process???? pls help me guys...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since you are married you have no problem, just file the AOS and EAD, you can even file this after expiration of the visa. This happens all the time especially if a couple get married very close to the 90 day mark. You wont be able to continue working though until you have your work authorization card.

So nothing to worry about. :P

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Um, When I looked at your timeline it says that you did NOT get the EAD stamp, right? And you said that you are currently working right now? And yor EAD along with your AOS is still pending? Then how are you able to work right now without a current temporary EAD? :huh:

You cannot work while your application for your EAD is still pending.

Since you are married you have no problem, just file the AOS and EAD, you can even file this after expiration of the visa. This happens all the time especially if a couple get married very close to the 90 day mark. You wont be able to continue working though until you have your work authorization card.

The OP had already stated that they have already applied for the AOS and EAD (even says so on their timeline)

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Timeline
Um, When I looked at your timeline it says that you did NOT get the EAD stamp, right? And you said that you are currently working right now? And yor EAD along with your AOS is still pending? Then how are you able to work right now without a current temporary EAD? :huh:

You cannot work while your application for your EAD is still pending.

The OP had already stated that they have already applied for the AOS and EAD (even says so on their timeline)

i am working based on my I-94... i have my SS card...

Filed: Timeline

esaga1,

It's your employer's problem if it allows you to continue working after your EA expires - the same problem it already has since it's allowing you to work now without having an EAD.

You don't have a problem.

Yodrak

hello guys... im confused right now... my I-94 will soon expires on Sept. 29, 2006... im currently working right now... i already applied for my AOA and EAD... my problem is...can i still continue working while my EAD is on the process???? pls help me guys...
Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

here is my situation... im working right now based on my 90 days (I-94)... which going to expired on sept. 29, 2006... i already applied my EAD and AOS... my employer hasn't problem with this... im afraid that the immigration might deny my EAD application because i keep on working while my EAD is still on process... what should i do???

esaga,

USCIS will not deny your application to adjust status, or your application for EA, because you worked without an EAD, or because you continue working without EA.

Yodrak

here is my situation... im working right now based on my 90 days (I-94)... which going to expired on sept. 29, 2006... i already applied my EAD and AOS... my employer hasn't problem with this... im afraid that the immigration might deny my EAD application because i keep on working while my EAD is still on process... what should i do???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

since he has no problem then why does everyone oay the fees for EAD? There has to be some problem with this on the part of the immigrant. Just Curious. When do we take responsbility for soemthing you are not suppose to do? The law says you are not suppose to work without work authorization and you work and continue why should you get in trouble? You know you are not suppose to work. I just dont get it.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

frndly,

People pay the fee for the EAD because without one most employers will not hire an alien. They're not supposed to.

Can't say why esaga's employer is OK with breaking the law and has hired him without his having an EAD. Perhaps his employer is blissfully unaware of their obligation to document the employment status of their employees.

Yodrak

since he has no problem then why does everyone oay the fees for EAD? There has to be some problem with this on the part of the immigrant. Just Curious. When do we take responsbility for soemthing you are not suppose to do? The law says you are not suppose to work without work authorization and you work and continue why should you get in trouble? You know you are not suppose to work. I just dont get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.