Gary and Alla

How about this?!!!

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We joined a great little gun club here, Sportsman Club of Franklin County which charges only $50 per year and gives you a key to the place so you can shoot anytime you want. They have indoor, outdoor, trap and skeet ranges and archery ranges. They get a pretty good crowd on weekends and have leagues and competitions, but during the week, you are mostly on your own, or they may be a few others there. Plus it is FREE except for targets ($3 per round for skeet, honor system, bring your own for the others)

We often go shooting on Wednesdays but the summer skeet leagues are over. I had to go to work today for a few hours and when I got home, Alla was not home. "Hmmm, probably shopping"

A little while later she comes in the door taking off her shoes and cradling her favorite rifle, the Winchester M52b with Burris 2.5x scope in the crook of her arm :o

"Where were you?"

I went shooting

"By yourself" :unsure:

Da, I have a key too you know, it is a family membership. I KNOW how to shoot.

"Uh, yeah, was anyone else there?" :unsure:

No just me, I shot at 50 meters. Will you clean my rifle?

"uh, yeah sure" :blush:

I want to put it in my office, can I keep it in my office? It is really a good looking rifle.

"uh, yeah sure" :blink:

I love shooting, I wanted to go shooting today, so what?

"Nothing, Cool. You know now you are driving around in your own car with a rifle on the backseat, so you are kind of Americanized"

Not really, look at my shoes. :lol:

Yep...high heels.

Incidentally she brought home her targets and you do not want her shooting at you! Good rifle. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Check the news carefully to see if anyone was assassinated imo. Your RUB may be a sleeper....and now your fingerprints are all over that gun...

I can hear it now...

"I don't like guns and won't even touch them. It was Gary! Gary did it!" /cue pouty face

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Check the news carefully to see if anyone was assassinated imo. Your RUB may be a sleeper....and now your fingerprints are all over that gun...

I can hear it now...

"I don't like guns and won't even touch them. It was Gary! Gary did it!" /cue pouty face

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Awesome story!

Best line - "look at my shoes." HA!!! When I took my wife and her friend shooting they were standing in the bay with heels on and her friend had on a fur coat. So fashionable! I wonder if they'll make that little sign for the back of their car on the side of their gun? "Caution, woman shooting." We have a lot of swag around here with "shoot like a girl, if you can" emblazoned on the front. I love seeing women at the range. Especially hot RUBbers!

You should see if she'd like to go to an all weekend event. Appleseed would probably be a whole lot of fun for her now and if you guys have a place to host one (the club) we'll come to you!

And yes, you better check the news too. They said on Salt there would be more....

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I can hear it now...

:rofl: She shoots it scary well. :unsure:

She is learning "position shooting" now and shoots well from prone or sitting. She isn't doing the standing position yet. For her birthday she is getting an NRA membership a leather shooting sling for her rifle and a nice carrying case for it. She says the ones I have are "not good looking" :unsure: there is no law that says it has to be cased, but I guess I prefer it for riding around in the car.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Awesome story!

Best line - "look at my shoes." HA!!! When I took my wife and her friend shooting they were standing in the bay with heels on and her friend had on a fur coat. So fashionable! I wonder if they'll make that little sign for the back of their car on the side of their gun? "Caution, woman shooting." We have a lot of swag around here with "shoot like a girl, if you can" emblazoned on the front. I love seeing women at the range. Especially hot RUBbers!

You should see if she'd like to go to an all weekend event. Appleseed would probably be a whole lot of fun for her now and if you guys have a place to host one (the club) we'll come to you!

And yes, you better check the news too. They said on Salt there would be more....

The outdoor range is pretty nice, nice grassy area and nice benches. Not the usual dirt and gravel and they have a "cleaning party" every Wednesday morning, so you can get by wearing heels and nice slacks, though one look tells you this is NOT a "woodchuck"

I am very pleased she has taken to shooting like she has. She is not such a big fan of skeet shooting. She likes a challenge but not too much of a challenge. :lol: she is pretty blunt about it "I need something difficult but not so difficult that I cannot have victory!" She started shooting at 25 meters (yards) and has now moved to 50 meters because "25 is too easy". Now she is doing well at 50 meters and asked me to be sure to go next time so we can "change the optics to 100 meters" The M52 is accurate enough to use at 100 yards.

The most accurate ammo in this rifle is Federal Champion standard velocity with a plain lead bullet. I have often found that standard velocity ammo is more accurate and certainly adequate for target shooting.

She is looking now at a .22 handgun for indoor competition. She sometimes shoots the .22/32 kit gun but it is not a target pistol. There is a women's indoor pistol league in the winter.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

For her birthday she is getting an NRA membership a leather shooting sling for her rifle and a nice carrying case for it. She says the ones I have are "not good looking" :unsure:

that's about right :lol:

It should look good. I told my husband that I'll go hunting with him provided that he gets me something cute to wear and a pink camo bow.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

It should look good. I told my husband that I'll go hunting with him provided that he gets me something cute to wear and a pink camo bow.

:lol:

Your such a chick.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Yep, it's gotta LOOK good.

Gary And Alla

She started shooting at 25 meters (yards) and has now moved to 50 meters because "25 is too easy". Now she is doing well at 50 meters and asked me to be sure to go next time so we can "change the optics to 100 meters" The M52 is accurate enough to use at 100 yards.

It's important for anyone to start with "enough challenge for victory." If they don't have fun and enjoy it, chances are they won't be back.

That M52 should have no problem nailing targets at 100. I've yet to see more than a handful of rifles that couldn't perform. I've seen a whole bunch of shooters! It's almost always a matter of software, not hardware.

The most accurate ammo in this rifle is Federal Champion standard velocity with a plain lead bullet. I have often found that standard velocity ammo is more accurate and certainly adequate for target shooting.

This is the same deal. When I hear guys talking about ammo (and I know they haven't shot more than 1000 rounds in their whole life) I like to tell them they're wasting their time. And then I buy all their "inaccurate" ammo.

There's always a particular combination of rifle and ammo that will work best for any shooter but all too often I see that coming before the shooter is good enough to make consistent hits anyway. What I really like is when they tell me their ammo is sub-MOA or their rifle shoots 1 minute groups. I reply, "show me!"

She is looking now at a .22 handgun for indoor competition. She sometimes shoots the .22/32 kit gun but it is not a target pistol. There is a women's indoor pistol league in the winter.

Can't go wrong with a Mk-II or Mk-III. Cheap, accurate, good little pistols.

We had a Walther P-22 that was a pretty good little pistol as well. Fit her hands pretty good and was really easy to shoot. Accurate shooter too. Not really a target pistol but a good one to learn the basics on before stepping up to the big boys.

I told my husband that I'll go hunting with him provided that he gets me something cute to wear and a pink camo bow.

The outdoor products companies are really starting to jump into women-specific products. Things like pink guns, bows, etc., are becoming more and more available. Women are starting to have hunting shows on TV and show up at trade shows, sporting good stores, etc., and womens shooting programs and outdoor classes are getting more and more popular every year.

Hunters safety courses are seeing as many girls as boys. In the next few years, we'll probably see hunting and shooting sports overtaken by women because women can outshoot the guys!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The outdoor products companies are really starting to jump into women-specific products. Things like pink guns, bows, etc., are becoming more and more available. Women are starting to have hunting shows on TV and show up at trade shows, sporting good stores, etc., and womens shooting programs and outdoor classes are getting more and more popular every year.

Hunters safety courses are seeing as many girls as boys. In the next few years, we'll probably see hunting and shooting sports overtaken by women because women can outshoot the guys!

Yep! :yes:

There is a bass pro store 5 minutes from the house, so I've been looking at all that stuff :)

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Yep! :yes:

There is a bass pro store 5 minutes from the house, so I've been looking at all that stuff :)

I want a Bass Pro Shops! :(

Actually I order most of my stuff from MidwayUSA

Gary And Alla

I want a Bass Pro Shops! :(

Bass Pro has a pretty good selection but a pretty good mark-up as well.

I recently had the chance to purchase some Bass Pro gift cards @ $80 per $100 card. I could've saved 20% but with their prices being the way they are, I decided to pass on the deal since I probably would've just broken even.

Actually I order most of my stuff from MidwayUSA

Two thumbs way up for Midway. Great selection, prices, and fast shipping.

Русский форум член.

My wife asked a second time, when am I going to get her a gun. This was after telling her about the lock down at a school next door to my office yesterday. I hadn't seen so many police at one spot since the last big sale at a donut shop. :rofl: So, now I am trying to figure out which kind of gun she really wants. I thought she would want a pistol but she mentioned a rifle. We are talking about person protection for in the home.

Any suggestions? :help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.