StupidJourney

Will this cause a delay?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just found out that USCIS has me on record as filing a petition in 2005. I never filed such a petition. I'm sure it's just a name hit, maybe my name is a little common, I don't know? Anyway, I'm wondering if this is going to cause a delay with my petition? Has anyone experienced something similiar?

Thanks,

Liz

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

How did you find out they have you on file for a previous petition?? just curious. It will just take them a little while to clear your name from the hit. It's an IMBRA issue having an approval within 2 years and filing another petition. I don't think anyone could give you an estimated time for the clear to happen.

I'm far from being a lawyer

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think you'd have to get more information about it. If the person who "shares" your name with you has filed before, then they'd probably at least expect that you had applied for a waiver. But *you* haven't filed before so... you should seek legal advice?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

sonicliz,

Although I usually find that calling USCIS is a useless endeavor, you may benefit from the call.

They should be able to clear your name with some evidence, or perhaps they can provide you with evidence supporting their claim.

Names are one thing; what about you SSN, DOB, addresses, places of employment and so forth.

All matching a previous petition that you did not file? Highly improbable. You have a better chance of winning the Lotto jackpot.

Call them first, you may get lucky and be able to resolve this at that level.

Just found out that USCIS has me on record as filing a petition in 2005. I never filed such a petition. I'm sure it's just a name hit, maybe my name is a little common, I don't know? Anyway, I'm wondering if this is going to cause a delay with my petition? Has anyone experienced something similiar?

Thanks,

Liz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That is very strange, a person may have a common name, but the petition application also requests SSN which is not common but unique so that should have prevented this.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Yeah, I guess Micheal and YuAndDan are right. Names are one thing, but there are other means to identify you. Try and call USCIS and see what they have to say - maybe this time they'll actually be of any help.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Yeah, I guess Micheal and YuAndDan are right. Names are one thing, but there are other means to identify you. Try and call USCIS and see what they have to say - maybe this time they'll actually be of any help.

Micheal? Wrong name and wrong spelling. Just great, Mew! Great! Job well done! :blush: Sorry, William! So so so sorry.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Micheal? Wrong name and wrong spelling. Just great, Mew! Great! Job well done! :blush: Sorry, William! So so so sorry.

Wrong name and wrong spelling? Let's hope that's the same issue in my case! ;) I'll call them tomorrow!

timeline doesn't matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.