Brandon&Re

PLEASE HELP - Co-Sponsor I-134

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Visa Journeys,

My name is Renata, I am from RJ, Brazil. Me and Brandon have known each other for a long time, he came down to visit me on my birthday and then spent 3 months in here with me. We fell in love like I never thought I would be able to love somebody. We applied for our K1 Visa and he went back to the US, when he arrived there, he asked his parents if they were willing to co-sponsor and they said yes. He didn't make enough money last year because he was working only part time because of college. After two months waiting for the Visa, Brandon bought my engagement ring, my wedding band and everything, we were preparing everything for the wedding, I had some money saved, he had some money saved and he was looking for a job, actually he had a job that was pretty much guaranteed, then we went talk to his family about the paperwork since our visa was getting approved soon. One more week goes by and nothing, his dad says hes going to work on it and does nothing finally he sits to talk to them about the visa and to ask what is wrong and what is going on, if maybe he could help them with details and stuff. That day they told him that they were not helping us, after making us wait for two months nothing could change their mind, they said no. Then we started asking everyone we know, he asked all his family members, friends, close friends, co-workers and EVERY single person we ever had contact to. All of them said no and the only two that were willing to do unfortunately didn't make enough last year or don't make enough now.

So we talked about our options and then we decided that we could maybe try living in Brazil, he returned the rings, bought a plane ticked and did all he could to be able to get in here. Brandon doesn't know any Portuguese but I could try working hard and living with my parents until we can do something. He arrived here, August 8th and we started the paperwork for our marriage. My parents were never happy with each other, they fight all day, almost every day, my mom is unhappy and makes our lives a hell. I always lived in this battlefield and I wasn't happy in here but I was okay with this situation. When Brandon 1st came down they were calm and I thought things were going to be okay but now that he came down for real, they are fighting every day. Because of this we tried to talk to his parents and friends again, we tried to explain the situation I go through and hope that maybe somebody would understand and help. Since we knew that his parents wouldn't do the I-864 we tried to talk to them and convince them to help just with the I-134 (which is not a legally binding contract) so that I could get my visa approved then Brandon could go back find a job and I would fly there only after that. I work with YouTube videos and I get paid over the internet so no matter where I am I can still get paid so that would also help us in the US. I have up to 6 months after my visa gets approved to fly there, then by that time i would have some more money saved and he would have a job, then I would arrive there, get married and wait out of status until he could file his taxes and sponsor me himself for the I-864. We talked to a few lawyers, we got all the evidence to prove to them that they wouldn't be signing a legal contract, we showed them all our plans and how much we would have saved by then, but they went to a different layer and they said that nothing we said and nothing in visa journey is true and simply denied us again. Now his mom doesn't even talk to him anymore. Today after one more fight from my parents, things went really bad, my dad beat my mom, he said he is leaving tomorrow and my mom is a teacher but she doesn't make enough to keep our house and everything. I really don't know what will happen to us. Our wedding day in Brazil is set already and also my visa interview is still set for October 18th. We got a friend that might be willing to help but he has two kids and last year he was still married, last year he made barely 20k but now he has a great job and makes around 4k a month. He can get a work letter but since they ask for the past W2 I don't know if he would be qualified.

So guys, I am desperate, I never had health problems and in the past week Ive been through so much stress that I went to the hospital with tachycardia and high blood pressure, and I am only 23. Brandon never got any help from the government, he can get a job easily if he goes back there (our friend can get him a job) and I can keep my job from the Brazil. I don't want him to live in this place, I love my country but the life my parents live is not a life, its surviving only, they have no respect for each other and nobody can be happy in here. All I ask from you guys is if anybody, from the US, that ever went through something like that could help us, that would mean the world. We only need someone for the I-134. Please guys, I have a YouTube channel that anybody can check and see that I've been working with that for years, I can give you guys all my documents and Brandon's documents, we never committed any crimes and I never ever got my bills late. If anybody out there would be willing to co sponsor for the I-134 only which is not the legal one, that would change our lives. We are desperate and I believe that maybe someone out there could help.

Thank you very much,

Renata P. da Silva

Timeline:
12/13/2008: First time meeting.
11/15/2010: First started talking.
02/23/2011: First time meeting in person <3.
03/13/2011: Got engaged!
04/15/2011: I-129F package mailed.
04/19/2011: NOA1 Received.
04/23/2011: Touched.
07/12/2011: NOA2 Received.
10/18/2011: Interview in Rio de Janeiro!!!!!
11/05/2011: Arrived in the US.
12/10/2011: Married <3.

03/08/2014: AOS Packet mailed.

03/17/2014: I-485 NOA1 Received.

04/14/2014: Biometrics Appointment.

07/03/2014: I-765 Approved!

07/09/2014: AOS Approved with no Interview!!

09/14/2020: N-400 Filed.

01/07/2021: Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I see your English writing skills are very good. Since you speak Portuguese fluently, why not apply for jobs in the USA which require English/Portuguese. They can sponsor you on Work Visa to USA. Once you are here, work under the visa and live you w/ your boyfriend. Eventually, you can marry him legally while in USA, and you can prove you have living together, working legally on visa, and then change your status from immigrant to legal resident.

Getting a job may be difficult, but, you have your American boyfriend to help you in the search.. I highly doubt someone will come in and offer you co-sponsorship on a public forum.. All the best, and good luck

Edited by sucasa

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

wow.. seems like ya'll really rushed this with out looking at the details and procedures involved.. and it has put yall in a tough spot :(

how much school did he have to finish?

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

If your friend has a good job now - as it looks like from the below - your friend may be able to co-sponsor the i-134 for you. It is current income that counts - so check here to see if your friend's income suffices: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Your friend will need to provide a letter of employment from his employer - stating how much he makes - and provide recent paystubs.

I know how hard the whole co-sponsor thing is; we've all been there at one point or another. :-/

If for some reason your friend cannot sponsor, have Brandon go back to the US and seek a better-paying job? Assuming that he doesn't have any other dependents, the income requirement isn't very high. A near-minimum wage job (full time) would almost be enough to suffice.

I suppose I'm also a bit confused at whether you're applying for a K1 (as with the talk of the I-134 and your profile), but you mention that you have a wedding planned in Brazil, which would mean you're going the CR-1 route? Apologies if I've missed something.. it's (again) early in the morning here and I'm not full force yet ;-)

In all honesty, I think it is very rare that you'll find someone on here to act as your co-sponsor. It is a big committment for someone who doesn't know you... and besides that, everyone on here already probably has a sponsorship of their other half.

All the best and I hope you guys find a way to make everything work!!

Hey Visa Journeys,

My name is Renata, I am from RJ, Brazil. Me and Brandon have known each other for a long time, he came down to visit me on my birthday and then spent 3 months in here with me. We fell in love like I never thought I would be able to love somebody. We applied for our K1 Visa and he went back to the US, when he arrived there, he asked his parents if they were willing to co-sponsor and they said yes. He didn't make enough money last year because he was working only part time because of college. After two months waiting for the Visa, Brandon bought my engagement ring, my wedding band and everything, we were preparing everything for the wedding, I had some money saved, he had some money saved and he was looking for a job, actually he had a job that was pretty much guaranteed, then we went talk to his family about the paperwork since our visa was getting approved soon. One more week goes by and nothing, his dad says hes going to work on it and does nothing finally he sits to talk to them about the visa and to ask what is wrong and what is going on, if maybe he could help them with details and stuff. That day they told him that they were not helping us, after making us wait for two months nothing could change their mind, they said no. Then we started asking everyone we know, he asked all his family members, friends, close friends, co-workers and EVERY single person we ever had contact to. All of them said no and the only two that were willing to do unfortunately didn't make enough last year or don't make enough now.

So we talked about our options and then we decided that we could maybe try living in Brazil, he returned the rings, bought a plane ticked and did all he could to be able to get in here. Brandon doesn't know any Portuguese but I could try working hard and living with my parents until we can do something. He arrived here, August 8th and we started the paperwork for our marriage. My parents were never happy with each other, they fight all day, almost every day, my mom is unhappy and makes our lives a hell. I always lived in this battlefield and I wasn't happy in here but I was okay with this situation. When Brandon 1st came down they were calm and I thought things were going to be okay but now that he came down for real, they are fighting every day. Because of this we tried to talk to his parents and friends again, we tried to explain the situation I go through and hope that maybe somebody would understand and help. Since we knew that his parents wouldn't do the I-864 we tried to talk to them and convince them to help just with the I-134 (which is not a legally binding contract) so that I could get my visa approved then Brandon could go back find a job and I would fly there only after that. I work with YouTube videos and I get paid over the internet so no matter where I am I can still get paid so that would also help us in the US. I have up to 6 months after my visa gets approved to fly there, then by that time i would have some more money saved and he would have a job, then I would arrive there, get married and wait out of status until he could file his taxes and sponsor me himself for the I-864. We talked to a few lawyers, we got all the evidence to prove to them that they wouldn't be signing a legal contract, we showed them all our plans and how much we would have saved by then, but they went to a different layer and they said that nothing we said and nothing in visa journey is true and simply denied us again. Now his mom doesn't even talk to him anymore. Today after one more fight from my parents, things went really bad, my dad beat my mom, he said he is leaving tomorrow and my mom is a teacher but she doesn't make enough to keep our house and everything. I really don't know what will happen to us. Our wedding day in Brazil is set already and also my visa interview is still set for October 18th. We got a friend that might be willing to help but he has two kids and last year he was still married, last year he made barely 20k but now he has a great job and makes around 4k a month. He can get a work letter but since they ask for the past W2 I don't know if he would be qualified.

So guys, I am desperate, I never had health problems and in the past week Ive been through so much stress that I went to the hospital with tachycardia and high blood pressure, and I am only 23. Brandon never got any help from the government, he can get a job easily if he goes back there (our friend can get him a job) and I can keep my job from the Brazil. I don't want him to live in this place, I love my country but the life my parents live is not a life, its surviving only, they have no respect for each other and nobody can be happy in here. All I ask from you guys is if anybody, from the US, that ever went through something like that could help us, that would mean the world. We only need someone for the I-134. Please guys, I have a YouTube channel that anybody can check and see that I've been working with that for years, I can give you guys all my documents and Brandon's documents, we never committed any crimes and I never ever got my bills late. If anybody out there would be willing to co sponsor for the I-134 only which is not the legal one, that would change our lives. We are desperate and I believe that maybe someone out there could help.

Thank you very much,

Renata P. da Silva

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If your friend has a good job now - as it looks like from the below - your friend may be able to co-sponsor the i-134 for you. It is current income that counts - so check here to see if your friend's income suffices: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

My thoughts, too! If your job is your job no matter where you live, you might be able to use your income as well.

Your friend will need to provide a letter of employment from his employer - stating how much he makes - and provide recent paystubs.

I know how hard the whole co-sponsor thing is; we've all been there at one point or another. :-/

If for some reason your friend cannot sponsor, have Brandon go back to the US and seek a better-paying job? Assuming that he doesn't have any other dependents, the income requirement isn't very high. A near-minimum wage job (full time) would almost be enough to suffice.

I suppose I'm also a bit confused at whether you're applying for a K1 (as with the talk of the I-134 and your profile), but you mention that you have a wedding planned in Brazil, which would mean you're going the CR-1 route? Apologies if I've missed something.. it's (again) early in the morning here and I'm not full force yet ;-)

In all honesty, I think it is very rare that you'll find someone on here to act as your co-sponsor. It is a big committment for someone who doesn't know you... and besides that, everyone on here already probably has a sponsorship of their other half.

All the best and I hope you guys find a way to make everything work!!

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oops my last post didn't post. I agree with what has been said. We are all on here sponsoring someone already. There is no way anyone would commit to sponsoring someone they don't know let alone giving private details out. BUT... I have read that if the immigrant has income that is not related to a job they lose due to immigration they can count their income. DON'T KNOW FOR SURE IF THIS IS TRUE so check into it. But the translating job is an awesome idea!

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.