gigant

Cried at interview. offered water and tissue

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Federal plaza nyc. today

When the io Cambell welcomed me i knew it would have been a tough one for me

I was prepared and ready with certified court disposition of my arrest in 2009 for patronizing and led guilty to misdemanor

Mr campbell , a tall african american io, went through the whole app including trips counts date stamps in passport and travel dates.

Then he repeated all questions in n400 and at the question "have u ever been arrested" i saud yes and i went into emotions and cried a bit

As he cntinued asking me qyestions i was still emotional and he offered me tissue and a bowaterof water

Passed with "aa" all tests and handed me a letter " decision cant be made" and said a supervisor had to look at it.

Does anyine knows mr campbell? How many chances ive to pass?

I gave him the original certified copy of court disposit so if i want to reapply how do i get a copu back?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Why did you cry?

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

When's your 3rd year anniversary of being an LPR? If your interview was conducted prior to the 3rd year, then a decision cannot be made until that day is passed then they can approve you.

Or 5th year depending on how you applied.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

I applied based on 5 years rule

So when is your 5th year LPR anniversary? If you interviewed before that date, then you have to wait for a decision to be made.

Otherwise - many times the IO cannot approve cases that have something different (as in your case). They need supervisors to take a look at the file for approval. However, the good news is that you did not get denied so the chances of them approving your case are very high.

Good luck

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

For what it's worth, I had an interview at Federal Plaza in late August (with a different officer), and at the end the officer said he would recommend me for approval but that his supervisor needed to sign off. I was slightly disappointed because I think some people walk out with their oath scheduled, but it didn't seem to delay anything as I took the oath exactly three weeks later. I am crossing my fingers for you and hope you get scheduled for the oath soon.

Good luck! :)

N-400

5-12-11: N-400 package mailed

5-18-11: check cashed

5-17-11: NOA date

6-14-11: biometrics date (missed notice + appointment due to travels)

6-16-11: fingerprints done

7-25-11: interview letter date

8-31-11: interview

9-20-11: oath!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Federal plaza nyc. today

I was prepared and ready with certified court disposition of my arrest in 2009 for patronizing and led guilty to misdemanor

Mr campbell , a tall african american io, went through the whole app including trips counts date stamps in passport and travel dates.

Then he repeated all questions in n400 and at the question "have u ever been arrested" i saud yes and i went into emotions and cried a bit

As he cntinued asking me qyestions i was still emotional and he offered me tissue and a bowaterof water

Passed with "aa" all tests and handed me a letter " decision cant be made" and said a supervisor had to look at it.

I gave him the original certified copy of court disposit so if i want to reapply how do i get a copu back?

Thanks

I am sorry, I dont understand what is the crime you committed? What was the outcome of the arrest and the case. After pleading guilty, did you try to get your conviction vacated or annulled? I beleive you can go to jugde and have judge vacate the conviction.

I am sorry, I dont understand what is the crime you committed? What was the outcome of the arrest and the case. After pleading guilty, did you try to get your conviction vacated or annulled? I beleive you can go to jugde and have judge vacate the conviction.

i was charged with patronizing a prost.xxx; i was offered a deal to pled guilty of disorderly conduct and i accepted;

no probation. i just paid a fine

i didnt try to get my conviction vacated, i dont think i can

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i was charged with patronizing a prost.xxx; i was offered a deal to pled guilty of disorderly conduct and i accepted;

no probation. i just paid a fine

i didnt try to get my conviction vacated, i dont think i can

I am pretty sure you can get it annulled or vacated. I guess USCIS seem them differently but in both cases that is completely remove from your record. When some one says, are you arrested you would have to say "yes" but the outcome is vacated or annulled as if it never happend. If necessary, you might want to talk to a good atty who can help you with it.

The OP accepted the guilty verdict...I think that's the issue. Anyway, all naturalization cases are being reviewed by a supervisor. I think the IO want to verify if he should recommend you or not. Just hang in there. In any case they will have to answer and if they deny you, you still can appeal in that case you may want to check with an attorney. good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Federal plaza nyc. today

Thanks

But you were not denied right.I had my citizenship interview and they told me the same thing a decision cannot be made.three days later they sent me a letter saying I had been approved.

I hope it works out the same for you.

But you were not denied right.I had my citizenship interview and they told me the same thing a decision cannot be made.three days later they sent me a letter saying I had been approved.

I hope it works out the same for you.

hey keyshawn, was your case a straight one? why they did not approve you the same day?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.