dasha

Immunization Supplement Questions

6 posts in this topic

(I searched for past threads that might help me with this, but couldn't find anything that was similar enough to my questions.)

My husband's AOS interview is March 9th. I checked where the nearest "approved" doctor was and called there...he also happens to be the director of our county's health department. They said if we didn't need the physical exam (which we don't, since my husband's exam in his home country--Turkey--for the K-1 visa was less than a year ago), then we should just come to the county health department to get the supplemental vaccinations.

He of course has no records of his medical exam because it was turned in to the U.S. Consulate in Turkey before his interview there. So he called the doctor who gave him the exam in Turkey and asked which vaccinations she had given him there.

Today we went to the health department for the supplemental shots. We told them which ones he had last summer, then they checked their "age guidelines" chart to see which others he still needed. It was just two: chicken pox and the TB test. The guy who administered the shot/test was helpful and said he does this all the time for immigrants, and he was very friendly with my husband. As he was about to shoo us out the door, I asked about getting the form (the supplement to I-693) filled out and signed, but he said all they would do is give us an "official record" of what immunizations they had administered. I mentioned the approved doc's name, which he of course knew because he's the director of the department...but he said the only way that doc would sign anything is if he performed a medical exam. We need to go back to the office on Friday to find the results of the TB test, so I need to know what's what and what I should do when we go back...

If my husband had the medical exam in Turkey and it's still valid so he doesn't need another one, what do we need to bring to the AOS interview to verify that he's had the supplement immunizations that he didn't have in Turkey? If the only thing the AOS officer will accept is the "Supplemental Form to I-693" but the health department won't fill that out, what do we do?

If they will fill it out, they have no written record of my husband's previous shots (just the verbal info he gave them via his Turkish doctor), so how can they fill out the form completely (it asks for vaccine history transferred from written record)? Also, the form says "To be completed [and signed] by civil surgeon only"...if the only way to get the actual guy to sign it is to have an unnecessary medical exam by him, would the AOS officer accept the supplemental form if we passed on the exam and someone else at the health department signed it (since the civil surgeon is the director of the health department)? If not, then do we have to pay for and go through a medical exam just to get the "official" guy's signature (all he would do is look at the health department's record of the vaccinations, fill in the form, and sign it...he didn't even actually administer the shots)?

Since he's the director of the health department, and since they do these types of immigration immunizations all the time, shouldn't they know if their "official record" of the vaccinations they gave my husband would be accepted by the AOS officer, without the I-693 supplemental form and/or without the civil surgeon's personal signature anywhere on the record? If I try to argue with them, I'm sure I'll just get "But we do this all the time...."

Also, if we have just the supplemental form, does it still need to be in a sealed envelope? If so, any envelope in particular? Any special seal in particular?

Helppppppp... :wacko:

Lifting of Conditions Timeline.......

20 Mar 06 Received 2-year green card in the mail!!!

22 Feb 08 Mailed I-751 (Lifting of Conditions) to Nebraska Center address

25 Feb 08 Issued I-797 NOA for receipt of above

11 Mar 08 Issued I-797 NOA for Biometrics

28 Mar 08 Had new biometrics/fingerprints done at SLC application support center

21 Jul 08 Issued Notice that petition was approved and sent card--but we never received the notice or card

02 Jan 09 Checked online status for petition and learned about 7/21/08 approval...immediately called customer service, who sent a report about it to the CA service center (where it had been transferred to from NE)

03 Jan 09 Received email from CA service center saying card sent 7/21/08 was returned by the P.O. and they would resend the card immediately

13 Jan 09 Finally...10-year card successfully arrived in the mail!!!

Claudeth received a document from St. Lukes where she took her physical and received her MMR vaccinations so along with that and the supplemental the civil surgeon filled out was put in an envelope and sealed and that is what we mailed with the AOS

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am going through the SLC office as well! I am in a similar situation as you, in that my husband does not have his medical record either.

My question is do we need to go and get a physical BEFORE we mail the AOS papers, or is it done during the process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am assuming yall have the Vaccination worksheet from the doctor that you saw for the K1 - he should have given you a copy. Its DS3025 - I only sent that with the I485; I didn't submit any I693. We just had our interview last Friday - no questions asked about vaccinates or I693! So, maybe you can do the same - if you do not get an RFE - you may be OK like we were. When I didn't get an RFE, I decided to go to the interview without the I693. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I was going to have my husband go back to the civil surgeon who did his medical exam in India and ask the Dr. to fill out the vaccanation supplement worksheet. That way, when my husband arrives from India, we'll already have the sealed envelope. Has anybody done this?

Jasman0717, is this what your wife did?

Edited by pbgirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is my problem. My husband says he does NOT have the vaccination sheet from his K-1. He said they asked for it at customs and he gave it to them. Needless to say there was no copy made and he does not have the original. Any ideas on what to do? Were all ready to send in the AOS papers, but do not want to get RFE due to the medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.