jordanianprincess

Eating Pork

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

(F) Hi Ladies

I have a serious question to ask you. If it is against your religion to eat pork and you do it by error, is that permissible?

Let me explain the situation:

We had a company picnic on Friday and my assistant ordered Texas style BBQ. She asked for Beef ribs and confirmed the order. The company made an error and send out Baby Back Pork ribs in error and no one noticed until later. Several people ate it who don't eat pork for religious reasons (Jewish and Muslim) and no one ever questioned it. It certainly didn't have the pork taste that most pork has.

My boss came to me later in the picnic, (he is the one that reccmmended the place and goes there for the beef ribs) and told me that these are not beef. Everyone had eaten by then so we put everything away and I called the restarurant to claifiy. Indeed it was pork. We are not obligated to send out an email to the company and let them know. I am very worried and it was an accident.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of responses we are going to get, but I feel really bad for the people that ate it and didn't know. Can anyone familiar with these 2 religions tell me what they would in that situation?

Thanks.

JP.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham once told me that he will never order pork, however if someone messes up and he eats it without knowing, then it is not his fault and God will forgive him since it was not on purpose. He said he can only do so much to not eat pork but when it comes to someone else making a mistake without him knowing, then it's not the end of the world because he did not want to eat pork.

I think that obviously they woldn't have eaten it if they thought it was pork, so they didn't do anything wrong really.

I know alot of Muslims here, that when they first got to the US mistakenly are frozen pizza with pepporoni and other stuff like that....and it wasnt til after that they knew it was pork...anyways they said it was fine because it was accidental and that god knows their intent, so they will be forgiven...

and damn JP....i would sue that company, especially if beef was verified...lol GROSS

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you're all going to hades and it's a zionist plot to discredit you in allah's eyes. you should at least sue the company :yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
you're all going to hades and it's a zionist plot to discredit you in allah's eyes. you should at least sue the company :yes:

Actually I don't think any of our Muslim employees ate it since they only eat Vegetarian unless we have Halal meat. Its the Jewish employees I am most worried about.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually I don't think any of our Muslim employees ate it since they only eat Vegetarian unless we have Halal meat. Its the Jewish employees I am most worried about.

takes off the wom hat. so much for that answer. stay tuned. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
you're all going to hades

Does their religion have a hell? I would think hell would be trying to follow all the funky rules. Always thought the no meat on Friday Catholic rule was stupid and I never followed it. Can't see what you eat making you more or less of a holy person.

Edited by mdyoung

Timeline

you're all going to hades

Does their religion have a hell? I would think hell would be trying to follow all the funky rules. Always though the no meat on Friday Catholic rule was stupid and I never followed it. Can't see what you eat making you more or less of a holy person.

Giving up meat on Friday's is not big deal. Orthodox lent is harder, no animal products for 40 days straight! Just Veggies, fruits, and grains! Uggggggh!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

JP, I wouldn't worry about it. In Judaism, non-kosher beef is not any better than pork (and I assume the catering company does not use kosher meats). So if the Jewish employees were lax enough about their observance of Kashrut to eat what they thought was non-kosher beef, I don't think they would be too freaked out to find out it was actually pork (or at least they shouldn't be, from a legal point of view).

US Citizen since August 09.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've heard that only about 25% of American Jews eat kosher. Maybe you'll get "lucky"?

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

You need to turn yourself in so that you can be properly be stoned to death....or just get stoned with Jack.

Edited by desert_fox

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

I've heard that only about 25% of American Jews eat kosher. Maybe you'll get "lucky"?

No such luck. The employee I am *most" worried about is our founder. YIKES! He does eat kosher and is vocal about it. :unsure:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

JP, I wouldn't worry about it. In Judaism, non-kosher beef is not any better than pork (and I assume the catering company does not use kosher meats). So if the Jewish employees were lax enough about their observance of Kashrut to eat what they thought was non-kosher beef, I don't think they would be too freaked out to find out it was actually pork (or at least they shouldn't be, from a legal point of view).

Accurate enough. A Jew who eats meat not certified as kosher is unlikely to be observant--and unless having a specific distaste for pork, would not be freaked by eating it.

Same goes for non-observant Muslims (examples include Jinnah, Yahya Khan, king Khalid,...all of whom were drinkers; in the case of Jinnah, he also consumed bacon everyday).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.