bahaynamin

Ds-230 and I-864 processing

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I sent in my I-864 and ds-230 packets on tuesday and it was received Wednesday morning at 11:30 a.m. by the NVC. Is there anyway to check on the processing of those? Because everytime I call the NVC to ask, the operator doesn't listen to my question and just says allow 20 days for review. I KNOW THIS!!! I just want to know if they have started reviewing it or anykind of info like that. But the operators don't listen to my question lol they just say 20 days, allow 20 days. I wish I could get fthe operator Lulu everytime she is easily the best operator she always answers my questions thoroughly

2/13/2010: Met in Korea

1/21/2011: Married in Tacloban City

USCIS (135 days)

2/23/2011: sent I-130 and I-129f

3/6/2011: received NOA1 for I-130

3/16/2011: received NOA1 for I-129f

6/17/2011: received NOA2 for I-130 and I-129f

NVC(74 Days)

7/18/2011: NVC received and case number assigned

7/20/2011: NVC Administratively closes I-129f

7/30/2011: emailed DS-3032

8/24/2011: FINALLY received AOS Fee and PAID also sent DS-3032 for the third time (PAID on 8/25)

8/26/2011: Received DS-3032 Acceptance email

9/01/2011: Received IV fee and paid (PAID on 9/02)

9/07/2011: Delivered I-864 and DS-230 to NVC (mailed on 9/06/2011)

9/12/2011: RFE For using expired DS-230 found here on VJ

9/19/2011: Sent to NVC new DS-230 and Japanese police clearance

9/23/2011: Case Complete

Manila Consulate(39 days)

9/30/2011: Manila Consulate receives Case and Schedules interview

11/02/2011: Medical at St. Lukes Medical Extension Center 11/03/2011-Medical Finished and everything is GOOD!

11/08/2011: Interview scheduled at Manila Consulate-Approved

11/15/2011: Visa in Hand

11/19/2011: POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone I sent in my I-864 and ds-230 packets on tuesday and it was received Wednesday morning at 11:30 a.m. by the NVC. Is there anyway to check on the processing of those? Because everytime I call the NVC to ask, the operator doesn't listen to my question and just says allow 20 days for review. I KNOW THIS!!! I just want to know if they have started reviewing it or anykind of info like that. But the operators don't listen to my question lol they just say 20 days, allow 20 days. I wish I could get fthe operator Lulu everytime she is easily the best operator she always answers my questions thoroughly

Pretty much signing onto the payment portal, or wait form NVC to send something to you, is the only way to get some information meaningful. Just relax and wait patiently. We all do that like it or not.

If your packages were just received this week, then of course the operator won't have anything useful to tell you. It takes quite a few days for your package to work its way to an officer's desk for review. Just be patient. In about a 1-3 weeks, your packages should start to be reviewed and that's when an operator can tell you more. The operator you got was responding to your question, although their timeline is exaggerated by a bit as it usually doesn't take 20 business days to review.

Just keep calling every day and ask if there's any update on your case. You should also be calling the AVR to see if there's any update there (although I found that the AVR was a few days behind at times to update).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I called to check on my status today as well and she said we have a couple more days before the 15 which is the date of each month they send the packets to the embassy's to make an interview date... She did say they are allowed 20 days from the time your packet arrives to review it.. I had sent the wrong form... It only took 9 days for them to send me n rfe.... But I will call back next week and check again if they haven't mailed me on Monday :)

Everybody has experienced those operators........They always says allow us 20 days but it takes time for them to review it... Sometimes you have to have to make them scared by telling that your going to contact your senator and ask them for help about your petition before they will work for it.......Well hope everything goes well in your petition... I'm sure your almost getting your interview schedule....Goodluck to your Jorney and God Bless......

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.