luv4ragga

FROM GHANA TO U.S. ONE-WAY OR ROUND-TRIP?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I want to know from others that have come from ghana to u.s. what airline they used to do so? :help: Want to prepare for the day/time when he finally gets visa approval and we're hoping and praying that there are no major delays on the upcoming date. Am seeing that the cost for a one-way ticket is MORE than round-trip? :no: Realistically, most vj members had to return 2 or more times . So, we r preparing for the best, BUT know how things ARE at Accra embassy. Any info about flights/airlines is much appreciated.....blessed

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want to know from others that have come from ghana to u.s. what airline they used to do so? :help: Want to prepare for the day/time when he finally gets visa approval and we're hoping and praying that there are no major delays on the upcoming date. Am seeing that the cost for a one-way ticket is MORE than round-trip? :no: Realistically, most vj members had to return 2 or more times . So, we r preparing for the best, BUT know how things ARE at Accra embassy. Any info about flights/airlines is much appreciated.....blessed

you can purchase a 1-way or 2-way ticket... which ever is cheapest for you.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Whatever you do, don't purchase the ticket until the visa is in hand! Get the cash and hold it. Shop around. I haven't really checked this out yet, but, I once heard that if you purchase the ticket in Ghana you may save a few dollars. I will be looking into that possibility as well.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

hi have hope my hubby went only one interview and was granted the visa a roundtrip is better only because it is cheaper cash is the better way to go we flew delta airlines and bought the ticket at the delta office in accra and paid in us dollars i paid 1625 ..i bought the ticket same day he was approved although it is not advisable by most people but we got the visa the day they said we would anything is posssible good luck stay confident

Timeline

Whatever you do, don't purchase the ticket until the visa is in hand! Get the cash and hold it. Shop around. I haven't really checked this out yet, but, I once heard that if you purchase the ticket in Ghana you may save a few dollars. I will be looking into that possibility as well.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

That is a sound advice. That being said, it appears to be cheaper to buy a round trip ticket. Buying a one way ticket from Ghana is about twice the cost of round trip ticket from US to Ghana

Marriage: 09-12-2009

USCIS

4-26-10 Sent of I-130

10-07-10 Approved

10-12-10 Received hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

10-12-10: NVC has application but case number yet to be assigned.

10-18-10: Case number assigned.

10-19-10: Provided both email addresses

10-23-10: DS-3032 emailed; no response

10-28-10: Received IIN, dithering around instead of paying the fee

10-30-10: DS3032 Kit and I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment; In Process

11-03-10: I-864 AOS status 'PAID"; printed cover sheet and mailed I-846EZ package

11-04-10: I-864EZ AOS received and signed by N. Visa Center

11-05-10: DS-230 IV fee ($404) online payment

11-17-10: AOS entered into the system

12-03-10: IV fee paid ($404); In Process

12-06-10: DS-230 IV status 'PAID',

12-07-10: IV package mailed out

12-08-10: DS-230 IV package delivery; signed by N. Visa Center

12-14-10: DS230 entered into system; yay

12-29-10: SIF

12-30-10: Case Completed @ NVC

Total days @ NVC:79 I-130 to Case Complete 249 days

Consulate

08-25-11: Consulate Interview Schedule

xxxx: Medicals

10-20-11: Interview 8:30AM Need Co-sponsor

11-17-11: Visa granted

12-09-11: Picked up visa from Accra Consulate

filsm5.png

event.png

WZs0m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

good luck with finidng a flight, visa etc, for some odd reason return tickets are wayyy more cheaper than single tickets, so its best to always buy a single when traveling to the usa, the cbp dont really care if u have a visa what ticket you got if they ever did ask, im sure the true answer of ''well its cheaper'' would be sufficent enough

Timeline

good luck with finidng a flight, visa etc, for some odd reason return tickets are wayyy more cheaper than single tickets, so its best to always buy a single when traveling to the usa, the cbp dont really care if u have a visa what ticket you got if they ever did ask, im sure the true answer of ''well its cheaper'' would be sufficent enough

i have always traveled Delta to Ghana and have been in skymiles program racking up those miles...I talk to them today and the lady told me it takes about 80000 skymiles for my huband to travel one way to where we live so don't forget if you got any skymiles it can save you money also......Hope this helps We have interview in Oct 2011 and I'm praying it is only going to take the one trip....We have sent in everything and been married almost 2 years and we have even more evidence to provide. So I'M SPEAKING WITH CONFINDENCE IN THE LORD HE WILL RETURN HOME WITH ME THIS TIME!!! GOD BLESS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wait till your get your visa, I got my wife a one way, why pay money you might need for next filing.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.