v333k

N-400 SEPTEMBER 2011 FILERS

355 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview in Seattle this morning 8:10am… APPROVED! Yippee!!! Now just a wait until after December 9, for my three anniversary date to pass and then an Oath …light is at the end of the tunnel.

My husband and I arrived about 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment (in spite of terrible morning rush traffic), checked in and were directed to the second floor waiting room. There were was a full waiting room, but I was called right on time.

Officer was a very nice, but business like woman. She made a light hearted comment on the huge stack of paperwork I was carrying, but it was I just said “when you’re not sure what will be needed, you bring everything” and she chuckled.

She asked to see my GreenCard and Driver’s License, and then had me stand, raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. She then took out the two photo’s I had submitted and had me sign them. She very quickly reviewed the items on my submitted N-400 and added in additional dates that I had been out of the US since submitting the form. She did the quick calculation and said I was still way under the maximum number of days, and quickly moved on. I had listed both my natural children (not in the US) and my husband’s two children (living in the States), so she clarified that the two children in the US were my step-children and then noted that on the form. She then reviewed the notes/changes she had made on the form and asked me to sign that everything was now correct.

She tested me for English reading and writing (even though it is the only language I know) and started asking my questions.. Where is the Statue of Liberty? What are two National holidays? What movement was for racial equality?, Who was the 1st President of the US?, Who is the Governor of WA State? What is a one thing required of a Citizen? Answered all correctly, so that was it!!!

She then asked about all the paperwork I had brought with me. “What do you want to show me?”, I wasn’t sure what she really wanted so I asked her what SHE wanted to see, LOL. My 1st folder was bulging with papers, but everything was in clearly labeled sections and copies all clipped to the originals. She just asked to see the folder and went through a lot of it (but did not take any of the copies). She noted that it was great not to have to pull everything apart to review things. I am further convinced that it really pays to take the time to be super organized …you can never be “too” prepared!

She then said “I have good news and bad news…” I was pretty sure the bad news was that I couldn’t do same day Oath, because the interview was a bit too early, but the phrase “bad news” in this situation did make me a bit nervous. She then said the good news was that I PASSED!, and the bad was she couldn’t approved for another few days and the Oath would be scheduled for later in December. She asked if I had travel plans – I said I didn’t have anything specifically booked at this time, but was hoping to visit my Mom over the holidays. She then gave a printed sheet with information about getting an expedited passport.

That was it! whole interview about 20 minutes…. Back to the waiting room to gather my dear husband, who looked as anxious as a first time father in a maternity hospital waiting room LOL As soon as I smiled at him he knew… and looked very relieved and happy.

I am hopeful that my Oath will be later in December, but I will try not to get my hopes up…I have seen many on these forums that end up waiting fairly long periods of time for their Oath after the interview. I’m just very happy all that is done, and I’m on the last leg.

Annie

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey All, Interview today APPROVED!!! had same day oath ceremony and Finally IM A US CITIZEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horray................:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I guess First to become a citizen from September filers.............took me 3 months and exact 3yrs from AOS date to Naturalise , what a relief, now going to celebrate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks folks.....................

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey All, Interview today APPROVED!!! had same day oath ceremony and Finally IM A US CITIZEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horray................:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I guess First to become a citizen from September filers.............took me 3 months and exact 3yrs from AOS date to Naturalise , what a relief, now going to celebrate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks folks.....................

Congrats Adonis1!!! Hurray for Sept Filers! our time has come and I wish us all a speedy path to the finish line :yes:

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

adonis1 - Wow Congrats!! That's a pretty speedy timeline. Enjoy your celebration.

09/1991 - Came to the US on F1

06/2002 - Became a Permanent Resident

Naturalization Journey

10/12/11: Sent N-400 to Dallas lockbox via USPS certified mail

10/18/11: Delivery confirmed

10/21/11: Check cashed

10/25/11: Got NOA by mail. Priority date 10/18

10/28/11: FP notice received by mail

11/18/11: FP done per schedule

01/03/12: Yellow letter received (dated 12/12/11)

01/06/12: Status changed to Testing and Interview (inline for scheduling)

01/18/12: Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/21/12: IL Received

02/23/12: Interview: approved. Oath: completed

Phew, what a journey! I am a US Citizen.

02/27/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card

03/26/12: Received passport

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview about two weeks before my 3rd anniversary. They didn't mind nor did they even mention it - but in Tucson we don't do immediate oath ceremonies on the interview day. It is usually scheduled around 4-6 weeks after the interview, so this might be different to Prince's situation...

Thanks for the info! Ours have the same day, I just have to cross my fingers if I'll be approved and get the oath taking asap. Thanks much!

Interview is So NEAR!!!! I'm listening to the cd right now while working...hehehe

Finally atlast got an update! been waiting for this for awhile..

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from December 5, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

ivy

k1-k2 timeline:

06/05/2005- Met Online

02/9-15/2006- 1st visit

03/6-18/2007- 2nd visit

06/30/2006- Filed k1-k2 visa

07/06/2006- NOA1

09/16/2006- received RFE (evidence of meeting)

10/04/2006- USCIS received RFE

10/11/2006- NOA2

02/15/2007- medical

03/08/2007- interview in AR

05/15/2007- visa on hand

AOS timeline:

07/23/2007- mailed aos

08/28/2007- noa1

08/30/2007- biometrics done

0910/11/2007- noa2

11/08/2007- interview

11/23/2007- 2yrs GC received

I-751 timeline:

08/07/2009- Mailed I-751 removal of condition(CSC)

08/18/2009- check cashed

09/11/2009- biometrics done

12/08/2009- card production ordered

12/14/2009- 10yrs gc received

US Citizenship (N-400) timeline:

09/16/2011- Mailed N-400 package (AZ)

09/19/2011- USCIS received application

10/18/2011- Biometrics done

01/09/2012- interview test passed

01/09/2012- Oath taking same day done

Filed: Timeline

Finally atlast got an update! been waiting for this for awhile..

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from December 5, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

ivy

The issue is the Portland, OR office is very busy, thats why it took so long for your interview to be scheduled. I am also applying from Portland (application received September 6th, and I got the scheduled email on November 23rd.

9/7: N-400 application delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

9/12 Check cashed

9/14: Received receipt notice

9/16: Received biometrics appointment letter

9/26: Completed biometrics

9/28: Inline for interview scheduling

11/9: received yellow letter

11/23: Interview scheduled email received

11/28: Interview letter received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Can someone please update us in the list? Italo's Citizenship was approved today 12/06/2011. Now we will await the letter with his Oath date as they do not do same day oath at the Oakland Park, Fl site.

This journey is almost over! I took everything we have ever sent in to immigration. The IO asked me why we brought all of the paperwork. I said you never know if immigration might lose something. He laughed and said Do you see this file? I said yes. He said That's Italo's...HAHA it was huge...even my photo album was in that stack of folders. I said well better prepared than not....It took less than 20 minutes, our IO was nice and comical and made us feel at ease...He said that i as the spouse didnt even have to come, it's not required. We didn't know that...I think each IO has his own way to do things. Anyways....we did it!!

Passed the test today, woohoooo!!!

Apt was at 12, got there at 11.30 and had to wait till 1.45 to be called. Almost worse then a visit to the DMV.

had to write one sentence, read one and answer 6 questions, passed all. Then she went through the whole list of questions like if i have ever been detained etc. And that was that. She told me she could not approve me till my 3 year residency date (12/9) but she would then so all i do now is wait for the oath date :)

Can someone please update us in the list? Italo's Citizenship was approved today 12/06/2011. Now we will await the letter with his Oath date as they do not do same day oath at the Oakland Park, Fl site.

This journey is almost over! I took everything we have ever sent in to immigration. The IO asked me why we brought all of the paperwork. I said you never know if immigration might lose something. He laughed and said Do you see this file? I said yes. He said That's Italo's...HAHA it was huge...even my photo album was in that stack of folders. I said well better prepared than not....It took less than 20 minutes, our IO was nice and comical and made us feel at ease...He said that i as the spouse didnt even have to come, it's not required. We didn't know that...I think each IO has his own way to do things. Anyways....we did it!!

Great news! Congratulations.

I was wondering if you were allowed to enter with your spouse to the actual interview. I thought that wasn't allowed, but it would probably make me feel less nervous, haha.

So The plot thickens....

As mentioned before I had my interview today and all went well, the officer told me she could not file yet as i am an early applicant so she has to wait till 12/9 to file but she will do that then and i just have to wait till i get my oath ceremony apt.

but...

I just received an E-mail from SCIS stating:

On December 6, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this

ARRGH!case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail.

####### is going on here? anyone had this before? If she needed more info she would have asked me today right? or atleast would have told me she was going to put in a request for something? is it just a mistake? I really wish they'd get their act together, suddenly this whole weird bogus RFE I got for my greencard application memory is coming back to me.... something this official you'd think they would not mess up. right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Great news! Congratulations.

I was wondering if you were allowed to enter with your spouse to the actual interview. I thought that wasn't allowed, but it would probably make me feel less nervous, haha.

Thanks! Well at first the IO told me i could wait in lobby until then he said Oh u went through so much trouble to be here, come on in with him....Sooo i think is the IO's decision, but i saw some IO's taking in 3 people together????USCIS changes on a daily basis i think!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.