airforcewon

proof of relationship

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

ok. so i have plans to go visit my fiance in october of this year. he is in algeria but we're going to meet up in tunisia. so i have a few questions about providing documentation of our relationship:

1. i was hoping to send the pictures of us together to a family member through email or something, have him/her print them out and then submit my I-129 for me. would it be OK to have someone else submit for me while i am still with him overseas? i'm not sure if they would question it in any way.

2. the next question is proof of my visit other than pictures. if i want to submit while i'm overseas, just to get things started ASAP, would they accept scanned images of my passport and plane ticket? i don't want to have to wait till i return to submit so i was wondering if scanned images of my flight and passport documents would be acceptable since i would already have the pictures as proof of our meeting. i could also send pictures of us with receipts or something??? i'm not sure what will serve as proof other than pics, passport and flight itinerary.

3. just to confirm, regarding forms, i only have to submit the I-129, I-134 and G-325A (his and mine)? along with the documentation.

4. now for the letter of intent and the G-325A, these have to be originals signed by him?? can his letter of intent be in english? he speaks and writes in english, though not fluently, but i'm not sure what they will accept and whether it has to be in arabic/french.

just out of curiosity, has any american been to tunisia recently? i've read that as an american, i don't need a visa to enter tunisia but i just want to make sure this is true. if so, how was it? do they allow non-married couples to stay in the same hotel room?

if there are any tunisians, hit me up as i have some questions i'd like to ask about the area.

thanks for everyone's help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't submit your passport. You submit copys of the pages. Everything you send should be copys not originals. You need the originals for the interview.

You do not send the I-134 right now. That is done before the interview and sent to him so he can bring it to the interview.

Everything must have ORIGINAL signatures. No copys.

Everything submitted as evidence/support must be translated to English if it is not in English.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Yes anything that requires a signature can not be scanned and sent to some one else to be mailed for you. (Yes you can have some one else mail it for you tho) You can be in Tunisia for upto 4 months with out a tourist visa.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

We met in Tunisia as well. I flew in to Carthage airport. My fiance had a really hard time finding a hotel that would let us stay as a couple but was finally able to locate one in Hammamet. If you are going to be in that area, let me know and I will let you know the name of the hotel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow!! I have read your 5 posts, and I'm kind of puzzled. I am not going to judge the fact that you have not yet met your fiance in person, yet you wanted to send your I129 without meeting. I do question why in the world you are stressing yourself out with all of this when you are finally going to be meeting in the next few weeks to month. Think about it. You are marrying someone from the middle-east, so I assume the scrutiny will be fierce. You are a woman marrying a middle-eastern man, scrutiny times two, as unfair as that my sound, the CO's of these middle eastern countries look for any reason to deny. You state you met online 4 years ago while you were separated from your husband, so I assume you were not yet divorced; that could raise some eyebrows.

Next and most importantly, you have waited 4 years to meet the supposed love of your life. You should be giggles, butterflies in tummy, and smiles from ear to ear with anxiousness and joy... especially considering you are a female. Yet, you are stressing yourself out trying to get all this paperwork in as fast as possible? It makes no sense. Relax, go spend a month or so with your potential future husband and then come back and do it right. In the long run you will be much happier that you did. There are soooooo many things that can go wrong. In fact, I've seen you type things already with confusion... I-134, sending an itinerary, etc. It's not the itinerary that you need. It's the boarding pass that shows that you were on the flight, and his boarding pass that shows he was on the flight as well to Tunisia. So what's the plan? Arrive in the airport in Tunisia, scan the boarding passes of both of you and the passports of both of you email them to a family member with a couple of quick snaps of a camera and have your packet sent to the lockbox the day you meet? That in itself is going to cause more red flags. My advice, go there, spend time with him, take some good quality, natural, happy photos, create yall's story, enjoy the time together, make a decision AFTER you have spent good quality time together to move forward with the relationship or not, come back and then send in the packet.

The fact you are worrying about all of this as opposed to preparing to spend an extended period of time with your future husband is a HUGE red flag in my opinion. To make matters worse, what if you get there and he's not all that you thought he would be? Because you have jumped through all these hoops before going there you probably would follow through with the visa even if you thought in the back of your mind that there are some things you aren't comfortable with after spending time with him. Simply because you had spent all this time preparing the packet, etc my sense is you would follow through with it, when what you really should be doing is preparing yourself mentally to make sure you are 100% relaxed when you get there. You only really get one shot at this. Make the wrong decision and it can destroy you financially for 10+ years. Further, what if you do go through with the petition and then cancel it eventually? Do you think round 2, with another man is as simple as just starting over? You get thrown into a database after you have petitioned once. Round 2 with another man "should" go through without any hiccups, but because you would probably choose another middle-eastern man(that's an assumption) you've just made everything a lot more difficult for round 2.

Again, I'm not going to question the fact that you wanted to send everything in before actually meeting. I'm questioning how in the world someone who is supposedly about to meet the love of their life, who they have been waiting to meet for 4 years is even concerned about petitions and paperwork right now. You should be flying on top of the world right now with butterflies... not stressed out over paperwork. Think about it. You are stressing yourself out to save a few weeks on a 9-12 month process? Probably even longer in your case because it's a middle-eastern country and the beneficiary is a male. Prepare for 12 months; it could be longer. But for godsakes, go enjoy your time together and forget about all this paperwork and the stress that it can cause. Assume you eventually get put in AP and it takes 2+ years. Aren't you going to wish you would have simply waited that every few weeks to stress yourself out over paperwork and thoroughly enjoyed your time while you are there? Just some things to think about, and if I already question why you want to send in all this paperwork so quickly, guess who else is going to think that as well? You guessed it. I would quit making things so hard on yourself and go enjoy your time.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.