8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does neone know where the point of entry is for those coming from morocco?? I heard it was New York. or does everyone have different POE's??

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is no assigned POE for anyone. Whatever city you buy your plane ticket for is the POE. Locate a Port Of Entry: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It's the first (air)port or border crossing when you enter the country with your visa so it depends on where you book your flight to; don't know what flight routes from Morocco are but I'm sure there must be more entry ports than just New York. Also, if you are on a connecting flight the first US airport will count as your POE and you should make sure you allow enough time between your two flights to be able to clear immigration first, which might take longer than normal.

Timeline

Where are you flying to? I have flown into NY city; Atlanta and this trip will be Washington DC:

But i write to say check out cheapoair.com as that is the cheapest ticket prices and you can buy 1 way

I found ticekt to Atlanta for under 1OOO there

If you change planes in Paris; give yourself at least 2 hours as you have to go thru customs and immigraiton and security there too and it is a long process as they make you leave 1 terminal on bus and go theu all the process and then back to your next

even if you come in and leave out of the same terminal

hope this helps

Timeline

Hi friend,

Just coming back in from Morocco and was really irritated by the lack of professionalism at the Chicago/ Ohare airport port of entry. They had a guy directing US Citizen/Green card holders to one line and visitors to the other line. This guy couldn't have been more than 24 years old and it was obvious he was enjoying his position of authority. He was yelling things like "LISTEN UP PEOPLE, BE SURE VISITORS GO INTO THE RIGHT LINE OR YOU WILL PISS OF THE RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS!" I swear I am not making this stuff up. I reported him to the border agent who checked me in. Although it may be a one-time incident (who knows), I found it embarrassing as an American citizen to hear this talk because I felt like he was representing our hospitality. I also felt sorry for people who were coming into the country for the first time...they don't need this police-like barking at them. Anyway, AVOID. Good luck

Met: 3/2010
Married: 1/12/11
Sent Paperwork to Chicago Lockbox: 4/16/2011
Received NOA1: 4/21/2011 (routed to California Service Center)
Received NOA2: 7/11/2011
NVC Receives case: 8/18/2011 (case number issued and acquired via phone inquiry)
NVC sends correspondence: 8/23/11
Change of Agent form sent: 8/23/11
Paid I-864 invoice: 8/23/11
I-864 invoice shows paid: 8/25/11
IV Invoice bill: 09/01/11
IV Invoice paid: 09/01/11
Mailed out Visa Package to NVC: 09/09/11
Received application acknowledgement confirmation from NVC: 09/16/11
Mailed out Affidavit of Support: 09/18/11
NVC received Affidavit of Support: 9/20/11
NVC Case Complete: 9/26/11
Interview Appointment Received: 10/6/11 (Interview scheduled for November 9th 2011)
Interview: 11/9/11 (pending)
Consulate calls Faisal and reschedules interview because of holiday closure: 10/27/11
New Interview Date: 11/22/11
Interview Status: APPROVED
Arrival in US: 12/21/11
POE: Miami
ARRIVED!!!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
Received Green Card: 1/25/12
Received SS Card: 2/1/12
Faisal's first job: 2/15/12
Faisal's first day of school: 8/26/2012
Pregnant: 9/6/2012

It's a Girl!: 6/2/2013

Sent out Removal of conditions paperwork: 9/22/13

Received receipt from Homeland Security: 10/1/2013

event.png

Timeline

wow lol omg sounds very embrassing. Ppl are soo rude they dont realize that their actions sometimes speak to us Americans or ne other group as whole.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

"wow lol omg sounds very embrassing. Ppl are soo rude they dont realize that their actions sometimes speak to us Americans or ne other group as whole."

Yes I was totally embarrassed, in fact, I was downright ashamed. I will be highly HIGHLY irritate if my husband hears such a thing on point of entry. Can you imagine?

Met: 3/2010
Married: 1/12/11
Sent Paperwork to Chicago Lockbox: 4/16/2011
Received NOA1: 4/21/2011 (routed to California Service Center)
Received NOA2: 7/11/2011
NVC Receives case: 8/18/2011 (case number issued and acquired via phone inquiry)
NVC sends correspondence: 8/23/11
Change of Agent form sent: 8/23/11
Paid I-864 invoice: 8/23/11
I-864 invoice shows paid: 8/25/11
IV Invoice bill: 09/01/11
IV Invoice paid: 09/01/11
Mailed out Visa Package to NVC: 09/09/11
Received application acknowledgement confirmation from NVC: 09/16/11
Mailed out Affidavit of Support: 09/18/11
NVC received Affidavit of Support: 9/20/11
NVC Case Complete: 9/26/11
Interview Appointment Received: 10/6/11 (Interview scheduled for November 9th 2011)
Interview: 11/9/11 (pending)
Consulate calls Faisal and reschedules interview because of holiday closure: 10/27/11
New Interview Date: 11/22/11
Interview Status: APPROVED
Arrival in US: 12/21/11
POE: Miami
ARRIVED!!!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
Received Green Card: 1/25/12
Received SS Card: 2/1/12
Faisal's first job: 2/15/12
Faisal's first day of school: 8/26/2012
Pregnant: 9/6/2012

It's a Girl!: 6/2/2013

Sent out Removal of conditions paperwork: 9/22/13

Received receipt from Homeland Security: 10/1/2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Seeing how the POE choice is ours and having access to all the popular POE, I spent a few days reading all the POE reviews on this wonderful web site.

To make a long story short, we decided on using SFO as our POE. Or plan to once we have the visa in hand.

I hope to be able to add a positive review to the SFO POE :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.