DavenRoxy

Interview passed!! BUT...

25 posts in this topic

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'd go this route first. If that fails, I would request a two-week curtailment from your deployment from your deployed commander.

:thumbs:

Well, it was a simple performance and approval process at USEM today, and by bebeko was APPROVED!! Yeah, after all these months.... So happy to have completed another step.

However... we planned for her to go there now, so that her visa will be good until early Feb, when I will arrive back in the US myself (late Jan or early Feb). But the CO told her that her visa will only be good until 14 Jan!! Why only 5 months? This is a huge problem for us, since I cannot leave here until at least 21 Jan. Any idea why this happened?

congrats!!!!!!...........party time......:dance:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Dave...

I just saw this on the USEM's web site:

What if the fiancé(e) must delay their arrival in the U.S.?

The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application fee of U.S. $350.

Here's the link.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

best of luck. I hope it all works out for you. Congrats on the approval, but stinks when you have still to figure out how to handle the meeting up back in the states.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Dave...

I just saw this on the USEM's web site:

What if the fiancé(e) must delay their arrival in the U.S.?

The K-1 visa is valid for a maximum of six months. If the visa bearer is unable to leave for the United States immediately and the visa expires, a new one may be issued upon written request to the Embassy and the payment of another application fee of U.S. $350.

Here's the link.

Don't forget that will require a new medical examination which is just over $200 also...

I know it's not ideal but can't she travel to the US before Jan 14th and stay with your family for a week or so until you return?

Thanks for all the congrats and good ideas. Nice knowing all of us are looking out for one another!

As for paying another $500+ for a new visa... NOT!! It's just the principle of the matter... why should we have to pay more? If our fiance arrives in 3 months, or 5, or 7 or 8, does it really matter?? No. Just another way to make $$$ off people trying to do things the right/legal way, IMHO.

As it stands, after she actually receives her visa and we see the expiration date, I will ask for a curtailment if she has to come in early Jan. And yes, she has family in CA, so it's not the end of the world. And certainly a LOT better than having to deal with a sputum test as some poor souls here do, or being outright denied. At least we got a YES, eh? So we will work it out, and perhaps I will pick her up in CA and go to AR to let her meet my family before moving on to AK and showing my sweet Pinay what the word "cold" REALLY means!! :devil:

@Bob...Thanks for the reminder on the medical. :thumbs:

@Dave...I hope you work it out without having to pay again...and when you pack for Alaska, don't forget the electric blanket! ;)

Filed: Country:
Timeline
As for paying another $500+ for a new visa... NOT!! It's just the principle of the matter... why should we have to pay more? If our fiance arrives in 3 months, or 5, or 7 or 8, does it really matter?? No. Just another way to make $$ off people trying to do things the right/legal way, IMHO.

Actually in this case it's a matter of the Visa's validity being tied to the validity of the Medical Exam which does make sense. I would say that if the Visa needs to be extended it would make more sense to require the new Medical Exam and charge a Re-Issuing fee of like $50 or so.

@Bob...Thanks for the reminder on the medical.

No Problem...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.