8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont want to get vaccinated. Can I waive?????? it is against my religion. will it cause any delay to my papers? I am applying K1 ty

February 2010 we first chatted after our online church

September 17, 2010 - engagement

Dec 30, 2010-Jan 17, 2011 met in person in Dubai UAE

February 14, 2011 - I-129F package sent to USCIS

February 24, 2011 - NOA1 received

July 24, 2011 - NOA2 received

August 5, 2011- visa case number received from NVC thru email and phone call

August 7, 2011 - package left NVC

August 12, 2011 - arrived in US embassy

August 16, 2011 - Medical Exam--Passed!

August 23, 2011 - US embassy Interview -- Approved! (Praise His Name)

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I dont want to get vaccinated. Can I waive?????? it is against my religion. will it cause any delay to my papers? I am applying K1 ty

Tell the civil surgeon if you do not wish to receive the required vaccines or a particular vaccine. You should also tell the civil surgeon the reason you do not wish to receive the vaccine(s). In this case, a waiver may be available to you, but only under the following circumstances:

You are opposed to vaccinations in any form– that is, you cannot obtain a waiver based on an objection only as to one vaccination

Your objection must be based on religious beliefs or moral convictions; and

The religious or moral beliefs must be sincere.

The form used to apply for a waiver depends on the adjustment category under which you are seeking legal permanent residence status. For example, refugees and asylees seeking adjustment of status should file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability. Individuals seeking adjustment of status as a result of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, would file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

Before this gets moved I'll just add that from what I remember this waiver is expensive and the chances of success low. If you let the vaccine issue slide, I would just get them.

I'll second this. It also adds a sizeable amount of time to the process, if I can recall correctly.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This certainly does not belong in the politics and religion forum. Moving to waivers.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We get questions about this occasionally, and I have never yet seen one approved. And yes, they are costly and take a long time so it will probably double the time of your getting the visa, with very little chances of success.

Can I ask what religion you are that objects to vaccinations? Have you ever had any vaccines in the past, say as a child? If you have had standard childhood vaccines, and depending on your current age, you may not need anymore.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.