Steph&Eder

quick question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On the Fiancé Letter of Intent does it need both of our signatures?

Or just mine ??

:help:

You each write and sign a letter saying that you're planning to marry the other person within 90 days of their arrival in US on a K-1. Check the example forms section, think there's a template there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you and your fiance/fiancee needs to sign the letter one from you and another from your fiance/fiancee

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Timeline

Sooooo does his have to be in spanish. (hes from Mexico)

Or in English, and have him just sign it?

And ughhhh, this is gna take foreverrrr Mail in mexico isnt the greatest.

HOPEFULLYYYYY i get to see him for a couple of days at the end of this month. (maybe)

...if not Mail is our only option.

-his pass port pictures

-the Fiancé Letter of Intent

ANYTHING ELSE ?????

Timeline

Do NOT use mexico´s mail it sux lol try fedex or ups,i sent mine with one of them i cant remember... mexico´s mail its really slow!.Im from mexico and i did it in english there other form that need to be fill out and sign by your fiance, go to the k-1 here it should tell you what other document you gonna need from him :)

Edited by ateneaalexander

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

The I-129f instructions state that any document submitted to USCIS containing foreign language shall be accompanied by a certified translation. And you ask anything else. For what? The passport pictures are not part of the letter of intent.

If you are asking what all you need for a K-1 visa application, have a look at the guide K-1 Guide

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Yes do the letter of intent in English, if you are going to see him soon...get all the papers he needs to sign & bring them with. I also think you should check that your passport photos are exactly 2X2 inches & done correctly since we had an RFE for our photos (we did them in Mexico & did not get correct size) it slowed down our pettition by about a month!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

1) Create the letter of intent for him, email it to him, have him print it, have him sign it and then send it to you along with 2) a signed G-325a, and 3) passport photos.

I believe that is all you need from him. Some people say G325a doesn't need to be signed until interview, etc. Since he is mailing you "stuff" right now anyhow, why not include it signed just in case Mexico consulate prefers it that way. As others have stated, have him send it Fed-ex, UPS, etc.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

A question for those of you that have experience with intrviews in Mexico. If the USC does an intent letter in English, and the beneficiary shows up for the interview and doesn't speak English, do you think the Consular Officer will have questions as to the beneficiary's understanding of intent? In Ukraine, there would have been questions unless there was a translation matching and signed.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.