NQT1976

Need help urgent

30 posts in this topic

for me its better if you will send her back to her family and just help her for her medication.and maybe visit her once in a while.its better if she is with her family.and Schizo is a serious illness.try to search on internet about schizo so u will be aware.i know something about it but its better if u will be the one to discover.sorry to hear your story.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I understand your frustration really, and im sorry to hear that

I think you just need to give it sometime thinking about all of it, if you love her and want her with you, then find away to take care of her

Sometime being strict is needed, she has to take her medicine, and the fact she did in the presence of the police doesnt make me feel good about it,

im not trying to say something here, but if she refuses to help you by at least taking her medicine, then she needs to know she cause you alot of troubles and not helping you, also her parents should help if not by money but by trying to use their influence on her to take her medicine

I guess you need to ask their help to make sure she takes her medicines, if she refuse then you need to discuss with her parents telling them your situation and seek advice with them.

also if you would love, tell us some information about your marriage, your timeline, these informations can help determining with more details how we can offer our opinions to you

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

You indicated that you could not add your wife to your health insurance policy. Was this because too much time had elapsed between your wedding and the date on which you tried to add her? Most employers' plans allow for a 30 day period after a life-changing event to report the change; 45 days to provide proof of the change)? Was she denied for lack of an SSN? Insurance plans often ask for this, but it is not absolutely required; I got my wife and son added to my plan prior to them receiving their SSNs. There are usually appeal procedures in place. You may want to see if such procedures are in place with your employer and/or their plan.

Take care and may God bless you both!

Joe

the emploer insurance said it is not in open enrollment period so they re fused to add her in plan.

have to wait 3 months more for the open enrollment.

but I dont care about insurance now, what I care is she is alone at home in sickness could lead her to die

WHOA!!!!

I work in HR...you cannot change your insurance plan except during open enrollment UNLESS you have a life-changing issue: birth of a child, marriage, divorce, or death.

Go talk to you HR representative. YOu should be able to add your spouse to your medical insurance plan.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Filed: Timeline

Is there any restriction for the marriage, for example, can you add your wife anytime after marriage, or must it be done within a certain time period?

WHOA!!!!

I work in HR...you cannot change your insurance plan except during open enrollment UNLESS you have a life-changing issue: birth of a child, marriage, divorce, or death.

Go talk to you HR representative. YOu should be able to add your spouse to your medical insurance plan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

There should be some kind of exception to cases like childbirth or getting married. However if she has been here 6 months, then you may have missed the exception period.

However, it's still worth checking into.

I know you have to take a medical exam before entering the US. How did she pass with something so serious?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

for me its better if you will send her back to her family and just help her for her medication.and maybe visit her once in a while.its better if she is with her family.and Schizo is a serious illness.try to search on internet about schizo so u will be aware.i know something about it but its better if u will be the one to discover.sorry to hear your story.

[

I know you have to take a medical exam before entering the US. How did she pass with something so serious?

WHOA!!!!

They allow to add when life-change events occur, But my marriage certificate said 2007 now 2011. they tell me to request exception, but they still denial, So I have to wait.

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

You indicated that you could not add your wife to your health insurance policy. Was this because too much time had elapsed between your wedding and the date on which you tried to add her? Most employers' plans allow for a 30 day period after a life-changing event to report the change; 45 days to provide proof of the change)? Was she denied for lack of an SSN? Insurance plans often ask for this, but it is not absolutely required; I got my wife and son added to my plan prior to them receiving their SSNs. There are usually appeal procedures in place. You may want to see if such procedures are in place with your employer and/or their plan.

Take care and may God bless you both!

Joe

I think she was denial because the time too long since our marriage, but when we marriage she did not have SSN and they wont add person without SSN.

CR1 timeline:

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Are you and your wife living with any other family members right now?

we live with family before but now, they will not allow us to live with them, my sister in law have 2 baby, 1 5years old and 1 newborn, they think my wife may harm the kids.

CR1 timeline:

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

hello all,

Finnaly I got my wife come here in US for about 6 months, Now she got serious mental illness(this kind of illness is hidden by her parents, they just said she have a little depression) , and I send her to hospital for treatment right now, She still not have insurance yet.

her symtoms is just like "Schizophrenia" but in very seriuos condition, she may not wearing a pant and walk around the house.

My family member, is very angry at her parent, they dont want to let her live in our home anymore.

I know she need very good care but I work full time and may not take care of her carefully

What I should do now, I was thinking about send her back to Vietnam for her parent take care of her, but her parent may not accept that, she may not agree to come back to Vietnam.

If you have no other relative(s) who are willing to "share" this difficult situation, then if I were you, I'd file for a divorce. If you were fully aware of her illness when you stepped in the marriage, it's up to you to determine how "loyal" you should be to your S/O. But as you indicated that her illness was well concealed, it's very much similar to a "lemon car".

Make your decision quickly before big legal liability gets outta control. (patients with Schizo should NOT be allowed to stay at home. They pose safety risk not only to themselves, but to immediate people living around them as well. Meaning you!!!!!)

Edited by Hot Vit Lon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

we live with family before but now, they will not allow us to live with them, my sister in law have 2 baby, 1 5years old and 1 newborn, they think my wife may harm the kids.

Your family has valid concerns.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

medical exam ( lung, heart..) but not mental exam

CR1 timeline:

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

My brother recently had schizophrenia . When he was little he had a seizure and later on he was not as bright as a normal person. We knew that he isn't as bright, and he does strange thing but doesn't hurt anyone but it wasn't that bad. After he came to the US, in his early 20s, he is so paranoid about everything and we brought him to a doctor and diagnosed schizophrenia. It finally make sense to me and the whole family. It is a serious illness and I feel that you are in for a long run with this one. I suggest you seek to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or buy insurance for your wife. You can seek out help in community center for free service. Don't let the family doctor prescribe the med. The psychiatrist should prescribe the med based on the evaluation. Some drug company offer free med for people who can't afford it such as Risperidone. Getting an appointment with the Psychiatrist is hard b/c he is always filled with patients, so do early as possible.

Did you see any sign with her or she acted strange prior to the time you brought her here? Any clues?

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.