^_^

The Economist: An underperforming president

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You aren't socially liberal when it comes to gays or the death penalty.

i can't be in favor of both?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Fukc Mitch Daniels.

Mitch Daniels isn't running in 2012 anyways. All the serious contenders are staying out til 2016, how else could Michelle Bachmann at this point be consdiered a serious contender?

You aren't socially liberal when it comes to gays or the death penalty.

Or gun control :whistle:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ok who do you like in the "socially liberal and fiscally conservative" category?

They don't exist. Apparently you have to hate the gays to have a balanced budget.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Or gun control :whistle:

i actually advocate gun control - use both hands!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Apparently you have to hate the gays to have a balanced budget.

Republicans have hated the gays for the longest time and have yet to present, let alone execute, any balanced budget. Remember, they talk about balanced budgets only and they do so only when they're not in charge. When they are in charge, it's quite the opposite, actually. You can hand them a balanced budget and they'll work their hardest to tear that muthafcuka apart and pour red ink all over it. Then you hear them proclaim that deficits don't matter. It's like a ritual.

What I'm trying to say is that your "hate gays = balanced budgets" equation doesn't really work.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Mike Bloomberg. I said in 2008 and I'll say it again. He needs to run for President!

I like Mike Bloomberg too. But he isn't running.

I think the Clintons (Bill and Hillary) meet the standard of fiscally responsible + socially liberal.

Bill, in addition to having decent ideology, was also a first-rate politician who knew how to connect to voters, work the campaign trail, raise money, and get legislation through Congress. He worked the deals in the backrooms, something Obama isn't able to do.

We never got a chance to see how Hillary would operate as an Executive. But I think she would have been better than Obama at this stage of the first term. For the record, I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primary (I was registered in California at the time, and voted in that race).