AngelaLpz

Missed I-751 deadline

6 posts in this topic

I need help. I have been struggling financially along with my husband and we weren't able to file I751 on time. I have most of the documents, still waiting on an affidavit that will be signed today. I plan on sending my packet on monday but I'm not sure if my excuse is gonna be valid. I need help as to how to write them a letter explaining why we are late. Please somebody help me...

Filing the I-751 Late

If you forgot to file your I-751 in the 90 day period before your conditional residency expired you may file a late petition. The USCIS may approve a late petition if the petitioners can show "good cause" for the late filing and amount of time that it is filed late is "reasonable" under the circumstances. The USCIS is very strict about this and carefully scrutinizes petitions that are filed very late. Thus, if your petition is very late (more than a month or so) you must have a very good excuse that is well supported and documented in your petition.

Just state the truth why you were late to file and in the letter, it should be like..."To Whom It May Concern" then write the reason below.

Best of Luck! :thumbs:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Don't worry,

I sent my application a few days late, they still accepted! Send it ASAP

Did you send a letter with an explanation as to why you were late? and if you did what did you say?

I plan on mailing this on monday through next day delivery

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My Husband is a disabled Veteran and we are waiting for his SSDI to go through,we REALLY dont have a lot of money right now so I held off on paying other bills and paid the USCIS Fee instead. Messing with the USCIS and the filing of something as important as ROC is NEVER a good idea.

Good Luck to you

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.