Brian121957

NOA2 and day of the week

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every time I get an email i have to look to see if it is about our NOA2.

If you signup for email notification does the email come out anntime of the day or only 9a to 5p.

Has any body tracked what days of the week the diffrent locations send out NOA2s. Do they process and issue NOA2 7 days a week. How about Saturday.

I need to relax and take a break from the constant checking and just wondering what days or times I can stop looking and relax.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

From what I've noticed on the boards and in my own experience, the email notifications are computer generated and go out at a time when internet activity is low, specifically between 12 and 1 AM. That doesn't mean they don't come out at other times, just that a bulk of them go out at that time. Being government employees, I don't think they work on weekends. But, again because the notifications are computer generated, it may be that notifications go out 7 days a week.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i start checking on the USCIS page after 20 days we sent the I-129 I would check everyday twice a day and EVEN thou we sign up for email and txt notifications we never got the NOA2 throu email or txt msg i found out by checking on the USCIS site SO just relax CSC work pretty fast i have seen :thumbs:

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

A NOA2 DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT IT IS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish people would frickin stop calling a approval notification a NOA2. If you get a RFE, then guess what? The RFE will be your NOA2! and then your ("APPROVAL NOTIFICATION") will be your ("NOA3").

And to answer your questions, the VSC and CSC are open Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30pm. No work is done on the weekend and any holiday. Your "Approval Notification" can come at any time due to the USCIS website not being updated as frequently as the "Approval Notifications" are being sent out. It is very possible that you can receive your I-797C Notice of Action stating that your petition has been approved many days before your status is even updated. The best way to know when your case will be approved is to be best friends with the person adjucating your case. If not, then it is the slowest turtle race you will ever experience and also this turtle race is in a pitch black tunnel.

John

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A NOA2 DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT IT IS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish people would frickin stop calling a approval notification a NOA2. If you get a RFE, then guess what? The RFE will be your NOA2! and then your ("APPROVAL NOTIFICATION") will be your ("NOA3").

You are technicaly correct. I have seen both and the RFE is a Notice of Action. I only use the tern NOA2 because that is what VJ uses on our timelines. If you have a complaint with the term NOA2 for the approval take it up with The Visa Journey web site.

A NOA2 DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT IT IS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish people would frickin stop calling a approval notification a NOA2. :huh:

If you get a RFE, then guess what? The RFE will be your NOA2! and then your ("APPROVAL NOTIFICATION") will be your ("NOA3").

Humm, from my point of view you are technicaly wrong. The term ''NOA2'' is used here to make it simple for members to understand the ''progress of the process''. If it wasn't ''approved'', the only option/term would be denied, right? :huh:

The second point on your text, is also wrong for me, the RFE. Request for Evidence does NOT mean an approval as you stated, if you send the wrong evidence, you'll be denied. RFE IS Request for Evidence, and that's it. Why let a simple term bother so much? If you do not want to call it as NOA2, then don't. But for me is the best term, the one that made me understand better the steps on this process. Anyway...

OP - I got my NOA2 on the 5th of July (tuesday), right after the holiday, and was around 12pm when I saw it. I checked the website and my case status and was there. Later when I already had called my fiancé to tell him the news, as soon as I hung up the phone they sent out the text and email for him, but we first found out on the website. It is not accurate, some doesn't get it via text/email, some doesn't have the website updated at all, some only gets the letter in the mail days later. Good luck to you! :thumbs:

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.