Danno

'Hundreds of young black people beating white people'...

381 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Did someone hold a loaded gun to your head and force you into a smoking bar? I have never heard of anywhere in the US (before the commie libs took over) that the bar owner didn't have the choice to make his/her bar smoking or non smoking.

So unless someone forced you into a smoking bar, you had the choice to enter or not to enter. Did you own the bar? I'm guessing not.

If you remember, I'm the one who brought up the CHOICE of having sep bars. I have no problem with that.

But if they all were smoking bars, thats not cool. Second hand smoke is lethal, do you grasp this at all? It has a ripple effect, it's not like you not being allowed to eat a Twinkie indoors.

I would say it would be more a function of weapon caliber. At 89 degrees you're probably still talking about the bullet falling somewhere very close to the firing site.

You really should watch the MythBusters special on this. They fired "straight up" (no seriously, they fired straight up in the air) and the bullet still "flew" a long distance from the rifle.

Their conclusion was a rifle bullet (which is heavier than a handgun bullet) would not be fatal (although they did concede you can't say with 100% certainty what is fatal and what's not in relation to bullets) if it was fired straight up in the air. If a bullet fired at 90 degrees lands far away, a bullet fired at 89 degrees or less is going to do the same thing.

Firing bullets over long distances is almost an art moreso than a science since there are so many things that can affect it.

Think a little further from there, as are the 'unknown' sources of bullets when some victims show up at the ER- which implies the bullets were fired from further away.

It's impossible to know the angle the bullet was fired. But, you can take into account the fact that many folks hit by "falling" bullets are very lightly injured and that would mean a whole bunch of bullets had to be fired at exactly 90 degrees. Do you think they were all fired "straight up?"

Of course, we could argue about a possible lie from the victim... but since we're talking theory here, you have to give them the theoretical benefit of the doubt.

Or you can take into account the statistical evidence. It's doubtful every person who survived a hit from a "falling bullet" was hit by a bullet that was fired 90 degrees into the air.

A gun expert such as yourself should understand I did not make that claim.

You've said several times that anything not fired directly perpendicular to the ground would result in the kinetic energy of the bullet being retained and that would be (a few times you've said probably) fatal to someone hit by it.

A good way to think of this is a football pass that's about 40 yards or so. When the quarterback launches the ball at about a 40 degree angle, it's zipping along and doesn't lose much speed by the time the runner catches it. Compare that to a ball punted 60 yards. When the punter launches the ball at about 80 degrees, it's barely falling by the time the returner catches it.

Pulling words out of the air does not equal truth, I'm afraid. Quite simply you're not getting what I'm saying.

How many times does it need repeated? Disagreement does not equal a misunderstanding. It simply means someone does not agree with you.

the habit which causes inconvenience to people who don't want to partake in it should be deferent to the will of the majority.

Seriously?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'd like to open a cocaine bar.

Probably go through a quarter key (9 ounces) a week. Maybe I'll write my congressmen

Is it legal for adults in the US to purchase cigs? Yes it is. Is it legal to smoke inside a bar that "allows smoking" ? In most places it still is.

Now here's where it gets tricky a lot of peeps on here. The adult bar owner has a choice to make his/her bar smoking or non smoking. The adult customer has the choice to enter a smoking or non smoking bar.

Why is this so complicated for some on here? If you don't want to go into the bar that allows smoking...then don't fckng go..end of story.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How many times does it need repeated? Disagreement does not equal a misunderstanding. It simply means someone does not agree with you.

You're confusing yourself. You said I don't know the first thing about Liberty. No proof offered to substantiate the statement. I am the one disagreeing with you - I believe I do know about Liberty and certainly in this context. You on the other hand are making stuff up, based on nothing.

Seriously?

Smoking is not banned. Smokers merely have to go outside to smoke or onto a heated patio. That doesn't seem to be a particularly big hardship or an assault on "liberty".

Is it legal for adults in the US to purchase cigs? Yes it is. Is it legal to smoke inside a bar that "allows smoking" ? In most places it still is.

Now here's where it gets tricky a lot of peeps on here. The adult bar owner has a choice to make his/her bar smoking or non smoking. The adult customer has the choice to enter a smoking or non smoking bar.

Why is this so complicated for some on here? If you don't want to go into the bar that allows smoking...then don't fckng go..end of story.

If the law states that it is illegal for people to smoke in a building that is open to the public (as it does in many jurisdictions) then the bar owner cannot choose to allow it inside the premises.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

####### does that have to do with city councils banning smoking in bars? Seriously #######

In the US...in most places, the bar owner has the choice to make his/her bar completely smoking or completely non smoking. Is there something here your not getting ?

There are smoking restrictions in EVERY US State, Kip. Including yours...

'stay home then' is not an appropriate response to non smokers wanting to go to a bar

Where's the need to go to a bar coming from?

Last time I checked you were free to avoid bars if you didn't like what was inside of them. Now, the way you folks have it set up I have to avoid some sidewalks if I don't want to catch some smoke.

Slim, if it were a mere disagreement, you would have actually grasped the facts and surrounding context while intelligently discussing a topic. Remember Slim, Reading Is Fundamental!

Has it ever occured to you that maybe I don't waste time with your concepts and points?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

There are smoking restrictions in EVERY US State, Kip. Including yours...

I'm talking bars here. There is one place in Alaska (Anchorage) that does not allow smoking in bars.

Good for Anchorage. A lot of bars have closed shut the doors, and hundreds of people from Anchorage drive out to Wasilla and rent hotel rooms and party in our bars spending money. It's been a boom for Wasilla and even more bars have opened up out here seeing how so many peeps from Anchorage are choosing to spend weekends out here to spend their money.

It's called "freedom of choice"...something you don't seem to grasp.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Smoking is not banned. Smokers merely have to

That's like saying "the people of London can own handguns... they merely have to go to America first."

Русский форум член.

Has it ever occured to you that maybe I don't waste time with your concepts and points?

He's back to posting moronic internet pics on here like some teenager on the net gone bad.

sigbet.jpg

He's back to posting moronic internet pics on here like some teenager on the net gone bad.

"I don't agree with you. Therefore you are incapable of comprehending what's posted here."

Русский форум член.

"I don't agree with you. Therefore you are incapable of comprehending what's posted here."

:lol:

The other favorite of his is; "You are incapable grasping..."

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I think you're starting to argue with yourself here, slim.

You really should watch the MythBusters special on this. They fired "straight up" (no seriously, they fired straight up in the air) and the bullet still "flew" a long distance from the rifle.

Did they say anything about wind shear? I am not familiar with how high a bullet can theoretically climb before G neutralizes its upwards flight.

Their conclusion was a rifle bullet (which is heavier than a handgun bullet) would not be fatal (although they did concede you can't say with 100% certainty what is fatal and what's not in relation to bullets) if it was fired straight up in the air. If a bullet fired at 90 degrees lands far away, a bullet fired at 89 degrees or less is going to do the same thing.

Hence I stated earlier- you need to consider where the bullet lands. Soft tissue? Bony tissue? Etc.

Firing bullets over long distances is almost an art moreso than a science since there are so many things that can affect it.

Indeed. And any angle between 0 degrees and 89 degrees would see a progressive shift in trajectory. There are equations that can approximate, from the mass of the bullet (hence, caliber in most cases, right?), the known wind conditions on the date of firing, air pressure, temperature, etc... the rough location of the gun's firing. Or one can estimate the angle of entry into a person if the person's position at time of injury is known. From that angle and the aforementioned factors, the math can try to approximate where the shooter is. For a perpendicular shot, the distance covered given the factors that affect its trajectory, are minimal compared to the major vectors that determine its trajectory (inertia/line of fire and gravity).

It's impossible to know the angle the bullet was fired. But, you can take into account the fact that many folks hit by "falling" bullets are very lightly injured and that would mean a whole bunch of bullets had to be fired at exactly 90 degrees. Do you think they were all fired "straight up?"

Think again about human anatomy. You need to hold your arm on a compass to know you're firing at 90 degrees. All likeliness included, most arms are not at the perpendicular and thus, not firing at 90 degrees. Hence the bullets travel in a radius farther from that distance covered by a perpendicular shot, and carry with them more kinetic energy from the gun.

Or you can take into account the statistical evidence. It's doubtful every person who survived a hit from a "falling bullet" was hit by a bullet that was fired 90 degrees into the air.

Well, obviously. I've stated as much. And most shots fired into the air, are not fired at an angle of 90 degrees...

You've said several times that anything not fired directly perpendicular to the ground would result in the kinetic energy of the bullet being retained and that would be (a few times you've said probably) fatal to someone hit by it.

The closer to 0 degrees, the more kinetic energy from the gun is kept by the bullet.

A good way to think of this is a football pass that's about 40 yards or so. When the quarterback launches the ball at about a 40 degree angle, it's zipping along and doesn't lose much speed by the time the runner catches it. Compare that to a ball punted 60 yards. When the punter launches the ball at about 80 degrees, it's barely falling by the time the returner catches it.

Seriously?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Right Slim, the fact that you misinterpret or misunderstand most topics on these boards is due to the fact that you don't waste time on the points I make.

If you remember, I'm the one who brought up the CHOICE of having sep bars. I have no problem with that.

But if they all were smoking bars, thats not cool. Second hand smoke is lethal, do you grasp this at all? It has a ripple effect, it's not like you not being allowed to eat a Twinkie indoors.

If non smoking bars are a big hit in communities that allow smoking in bars, I'm sure there's going to be a few of those. If not, then most anyone is welcome to apply for a liquor license and open one of their own.

sigbet.jpg

Right Slim, the fact that you misinterpret or misunderstand most topics on these boards is due to the fact that you don't waste time on the points I make.

Isn't this about the time where you post one those internet forum pics you like to post on here? Where do you get those...like do they have some site called www.imabadteenager.com where you get those pics?

sigbet.jpg