웃

The Most Terrifying Result of the Debt Ceiling Crisis

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Meaning... by the standards of the Tea Party, the Ryan budget is fiscally irresponsible since on its own it is not balanced and requires more debt ceiling increases down the road. Strange then how the Tea Party supported it at the time.

It's worse. The numbers in terms of debt increases and deficit reductions work under the Ryan dictated assumption of 5% sustained growth and 2.4% sustained unemployment only. Base it on some real assumptions and there isn't a balanced budget to be had for the next seven decades.That's the Tea Party for you - a bunch of know nothings.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Worry about big government is the hypocrisy itself. What's the deal with wire-tapping American citizens without a warrant? Hey, when the time comes it's okay to be a hypocrite, right GOP?

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's worse. The numbers in terms of debt increases and deficit reductions work under the Ryan dictated assumption of 5% sustained growth and 2.4% sustained unemployment only. Base it on some real assumptions and there isn't a balanced budget to be had for the next seven decades.That's the Tea Party for you - a bunch of know nothings.

In fairness, all submitted budget plans from either party make such rosy assumptions. For that matter, CBO when it analyzes the figures and pronounces upon them, also makes unrealistic assumptions about future GDP growth, inflation, and unemployment rates. The game is jacked by all the players, not just conservatives. They're just the most egregiously hypocritical about it, given all the mouthing off they do about fiscal responsibility.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Worry about big government is the hypocrisy itself. What's the deal with wire-tapping American citizens without a warrant? Hey, when the time comes it's okay to be a hypocrite, right GOP?

that must be why obama extended the patriot act, eh?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Now, Charles, you know better than that.

Following 9/11 the Bush administration began a covert program of warantless wiretapping of the conversations of thousands of Americans on domestic US soil, as first brought to light by the NY Times in 2005. Those were illegal acts by the Administration under the FISA Act as it was on the books at the time (2002-2007). After the controversy became public, Congress passed amendments to FISA (the Protect America Act of 2007) which gave much broader legal cover to the Administration to pursue many of the surveillance tactics that were previously illegal under FISA. Those provisions were sunsetted and needed to be renewed to remain in force.

Hence -

Bush 2002-2007 - was committing surveillance that broke US law.

Bush 2007-2009 - conducted essentially the same surveillance programs, but now fully within boundary of law.

Obama 2009-onward - same.

My criticism is not of surveillance that helps keep the country safe. I hope they're spying on the bad guys. My criticism is doing it while knowing that it's illegal. Only one of Bush/Obama did that.

Hope and Change!

My criticism is not of surveillance that helps keep the country safe. I hope they're spying on the bad guys.

So they're only spying on the bad guys?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

All traffic on the internet goes through a facility in California, then to AT&T IT office. From here, those communication messages are distributed across the US. An engineer discovered a secret room that nobody in the AT&T are allowed to enter this room with special clearance. He checked the schematics of the datacenter route and discovered an unknown data line from the communication going into that room. He investigated this room and discovered that it was literally copying every single data coming into the comm room. Not only that, the hardware that this room used was top of the line hardware that does not exist commercially. It contains a special software that keep tracks of specific words in the data as well.

Turns out this room was an NSA facility. They were monitoring every email, conversations using the software to pickup keywords (an NSA whistleblower explained how they picked up suspects by using the software identify keywords).

All traffic on the internet goes through a facility in California, then to AT&T IT office. From here, those communication messages are distributed across the US. An engineer discovered a secret room that nobody in the AT&T are allowed to enter this room with special clearance. He checked the schematics of the datacenter route and discovered an unknown data line from the communication going into that room. He investigated this room and discovered that it was literally copying every single data coming into the comm room. Not only that, the hardware that this room used was top of the line hardware that does not exist commercially. It contains a special software that keep tracks of specific words in the data as well.

Turns out this room was an NSA facility. They were monitoring every email, conversations using the software to pickup keywords (an NSA whistleblower explained how they picked up suspects by using the software identify keywords).

That's been going on for years. No different than J. Edgar Hoover flagging certain books at the library.

NSA is building a large a large facility out in Utah that's going to copy the entire internet. EVERYTHING!!! They'll catalog it and archive it so they can go back through during investigations.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yep. That's why they're hiring a tremendous amount of engineers.

That's been going on for years. No different than J. Edgar Hoover flagging certain books at the library.

NSA is building a large a large facility out in Utah that's going to copy the entire internet. EVERYTHING!!! They'll catalog it and archive it so they can go back through during investigations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now, Charles, you know better than that.

Following 9/11 the Bush administration began a covert program of warantless wiretapping of the conversations of thousands of Americans on domestic US soil, as first brought to light by the NY Times in 2005. Those were illegal acts by the Administration under the FISA Act as it was on the books at the time (2002-2007). After the controversy became public, Congress passed amendments to FISA (the Protect America Act of 2007) which gave much broader legal cover to the Administration to pursue many of the surveillance tactics that were previously illegal under FISA. Those provisions were sunsetted and needed to be renewed to remain in force.

Hence -

Bush 2002-2007 - was committing surveillance that broke US law.

Bush 2007-2009 - conducted essentially the same surveillance programs, but now fully within boundary of law.

Obama 2009-onward - same.

My criticism is not of surveillance that helps keep the country safe. I hope they're spying on the bad guys. My criticism is doing it while knowing that it's illegal. Only one of Bush/Obama did that.

that's a whole lot of writing to agree with me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!