Hilarious Clinton

I Lost 20 lbs

105 posts in this topic

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow you did really well! kudos!

I started the SB thing today - at least I will do the 2 week (might be one if its killing me, lol) thing and see if I can drop a few lbs (I put on 8lbs since xmas and its those I want to shed real fast).

I usually start the day with one or 2 cappuccinos with 3 sugars but Ive been good and had none (had a black coffee no sugar which was horrid, lol) and resisted all bread urges so far.

I think I live off tinned fish and omlettes (with mushrooms and half fat cheese) and steamed broccoli and salads for a couple weeks without TOO much problem..

Wish me luck (and the will power to keep out of the sugar bowl...)

:D

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

whew :P i've been looking for this post on over 40 pages and finelly found it :dance: ......we want to start this south beach diet too and we found very very good recipes for all 3 phases .... i was just curious how much u haft to use each phase and i got the answer thx rch99 :) ..... if anyone is interested in the recipes let me know.... they are yummy.... Iulia

Good luck!! I'm up 25 lbs lost and I'm into phase 2.

I found a great cereal for phase 2. Kellogs All-bran with extra fiber. 20 grams carbs with 13 grams fiber. So only 7 net grams of carbs and enough fiber to keep you regular :)

Edited by rch99

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

You don't NEED the book (or join the website) to do the diet right? Just keep off the 'banned foods' (man I am SO going to miss my fruit fixes) for the first 2 weeks?

Applied for K1

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

You don't NEED the book (or join the website) to do the diet right? Just keep off the 'banned foods' (man I am SO going to miss my fruit fixes) for the first 2 weeks?

You don't need the book. There is a good discussion board (free) in my first post on this thread. And you can google for the southbeach diet. They have good FAQs and info on the diet. You don't even have to join it. You can just read everything.

Phase 1 (2 weeks) is really to clear your system and get rid of your cravings. No fruit, alcohol, breads, pasta, starchy veggies etc

I eat sugar free jello every night as a snack.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I'm starting the SB today too. I bought the book in Walmart for 5.99 and read it over the weekend. Not had my brekky yet, but made a crustless quiche last night and cut it into portions to bring to work.

We should team up to keep each other going Jaylen!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

thanx :P .... is not for me i only weight 99lbs and im 5.0 lol... but it doesnt hurt to keep in shape... my hubby gained some pounds and is mostly for him.... hes soooo darn stubborn wouldnt eat nothing so i had to make sure he eats healthy and good :) .....

newhelmet007jpg1.jpg9GSxm8.pnglittlerocker031jpg1.jpgbKkQm7.png

3.jpg3s2lm8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
thanx :P .... is not for me i only weight 99lbs and im 5.0 lol... but it doesnt hurt to keep in shape... my hubby gained some pounds and is mostly for him.... hes soooo darn stubborn wouldnt eat nothing so i had to make sure he eats healthy and good :) .....

Wowzers, you're a tiny-wee little thing!

(Yes, I'm insanely jealous :P)

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

i shudder to think of the weight i've put on in the last few years. jig as well. will check out the book and see what's up.

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 6 no sugar... and I am still alive! :dance: I weigh in tomorrow and will see if it made any difference. Next week I have my 15 yr old niece with me -- hmm, will be eating out and having fun -- without sugar, but... who knows if other areas will be as good.

I want to try SB (Atkins was too hard on my system) but having trouble limiting the carbs.... :crying:

Can the Naturalizatin process be so painless?!!

Day 6 no sugar... and I am still alive! :dance: I weigh in tomorrow and will see if it made any difference. Next week I have my 15 yr old niece with me -- hmm, will be eating out and having fun -- without sugar, but... who knows if other areas will be as good.

I want to try SB (Atkins was too hard on my system) but having trouble limiting the carbs.... :crying:

SB is not really about limiting carbs (like Atkins). You don't have to count carbs at all. You can eat carbs that have a low glycemic index (GI).

In the book he says if you have a choice between white bread and ice cream. Have the ice cream! It's not as fattening. :)

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I'm starting the SB today too. I bought the book in Walmart for 5.99 and read it over the weekend. Not had my brekky yet, but made a crustless quiche last night and cut it into portions to bring to work.

We should team up to keep each other going Jaylen!

:yes::thumbs:

I got thru a whole day without sugar - thats such a big deal for me - usually (in capuccino coffee which I drink all day) I have about (ok dont wince) 20 spoons a day or more

Applied for K1

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

SB is not really about limiting carbs (like Atkins). You don't have to count carbs at all. You can eat carbs that have a low glycemic index (GI).

In the book he says if you have a choice between white bread and ice cream. Have the ice cream! It's not as fattening. :)

Ice cream, less fattening than white bread? :lol: O.k. I make my own bread and it is whole wheat... but still!!! So far so good. I resisted the urge last night and am so proud of myself... this is day 7 and at the end of today I will have gone a full week without sugar!!! :dance::dance:

Can the Naturalizatin process be so painless?!!

Well done everyone, that's how we have to do it - one day at a time.

I haven't taken sugar in my drinks for 20 odd years, don't eat sweets and don't like sodas so that part isn't difficult for me. Except that I won't experience the weight loss associated with giving them up!

I do love bread,pasta, rice and potatoes though. Oh yes, and beer! Having read the book, i have realised that drinking beer is probably what has made me put on 20 lb since I arrived in June. I have been drinking Miller light and thinking that since it was lower cal/carb it wouldn't make much difference, but according to SB beer is the worst thing ever. Looking forward to be able to have a red wine on my birthday in two weeks time!!!!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony