Gary and Alla

Alla Graduates, Finally!

150 posts in this topic

Well there's no such thing as "RUB membership," and insomuch as there is a community here, it's done voluntarily and without restriction (beyond the TOS) or formality. But it's interesting that you would bring this up, because I see a lot of "us" and "we" used in this forum, as I'm no doubt sure you have seen also. I would feel more confident that you had the best intentions of the community in mind as a whole, rather than singling out one individual, if you were to likewise aim your admonitions at others.

And then there's some of us who are actually engaged or married to a RUB spouse and spent time in a RUB country.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

And then there's some of us who are actually engaged or married to a RUB spouse and spent time in a RUB country.

I don't believe Visa Journey imposes any limitations on who can post where. So having an Australian flag under her avatar or not having a RUB spouse/fiancee does not exclude her from posting here.

Regarding the topic at hand, if you had something positive to offer, it would be welcome.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

I don't believe Visa Journey imposes any limitations on who can post where. So having an Australian flag under her avatar or not having a RUB spouse/fiancee does not exclude her from posting here.

Regarding the topic at hand, if you had something positive to offer, it would be welcome.

I wasn't talking about the Aussie.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Doesn't matter who you were talking about. If you think somebody here is breaking the TOS, you should report it. Otherwise, let it go please, it's past old.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Doesn't matter who you were talking about. If you think somebody here is breaking the TOS, you should report it. Otherwise, let it go please, it's past old.

You must have me mistaken for someone else. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is Gary's thread. Now usually I don't feed the trolls, but sometimes I give in now and then...and again I'm not talking about anyone on here with an Aussie flag.

Positive on here can mean many things, like giving correct information to peeps from actual experience.

As far as the TOS violation goes...there's a few mods on here who know the score when it comes to who's who on here, and who's not, one of those mods being a RUB member themselves. It looks like it comes down to a matter of attrition.

sigbet.jpg

1st rule about the RUB membership: You do not talk about RUB Membership B-)

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

It is funny how that silly avatar, that was poking fun at my big butt and small waist, has turned into such a topic of interest.

Pics or it never happened.

Well there's no such thing as "RUB membership," and insomuch as there is a community here, it's done voluntarily and without restriction (beyond the TOS) or formality.

Over the years I've noticed there are two types of RUBbers.

There are those who would wear a man purse and then there are those who wouldn't even consider it. For the ladies, there are those who want their man to carry a purse and then there are those who wouldn't even consider being with a man who carried a purse.

Check my sig line.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Banhammer_plane.jpg

the hammer has been dropped.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats to Alla. THREE master's?! I hope I can have as many degrees as her one day, nothing sexier than a... well, sexy well educated woman. I haven't met your wife but she certainly deserves a lot of respect and many congrats.

Congrats to Alla. THREE master's?! I hope I can have as many degrees as her one day, nothing sexier than a... well, sexy well educated woman. I haven't met your wife but she certainly deserves a lot of respect and many congrats.

Three? :blink: Wow, I had no idea. That's a feat!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:rofl:

Photos are welcome.

Three? :blink: Wow, I had no idea. That's a feat!

And now she is seriously contemplating a PhD. She is basically a professional student. :whistle:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Pics or it never happened.

Over the years I've noticed there are two types of RUBbers.

There are those who would wear a man purse and then there are those who wouldn't even consider it. For the ladies, there are those who want their man to carry a purse and then there are those who wouldn't even consider being with a man who carried a purse.

Check my sig line.

I thought I was the only one getting the man purse vibe...

post-50639-0-66956800-1312420613_thumb.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

And now she is seriously contemplating a PhD. She is basically a professional student. :whistle:

Go Alla. :thumbs: That's no easy accomplishment. Definitely encourage her to get that PhD, although also prepare yourself and your family. A PhD is going to put her through the wringer. Whatever amount of time you're used to seeing her, expect it do drop down to 1/8 of that. But it's well worth her time and your sacrifice!

Timeline

Umm, please excuse my ignorance...BUT, if you had to proof read everything she did, how can she get a job teaching English,....Just askin'?

Oh yeah, now that I read it again it sounds completely sincere. :wacko::rofl:

While everyone is welcome (at least there seems to be no way to keep them out) it is curious that the threads in this forum ONLY go this direction when persons from "other countries" drop in. Just sayin'. I do not intend to insult members from other countries that regularly contribute to what is really a good forum and they know who they are.

We both put a lot into her accomplishment, Alla far more than myself. Snarky comments by uneducated people are not appreciated. Proofreading is pretty well accepted by people that went to college, or even finished high school. A person with educational experience would not ask such a thing, not seriously anyway. It is ludicrous to suggest it was a serious question.

I am proud to say I do not know any members married to FSU women that feel a need to crash the UK/Canada/Aussie forums and ridicule the accomplishments of their spouses. How unhappy would one have to be with their own life to do something like that? Just sayin'

I share our experiences for the benefit of other members going through the same thing, learning a new language, adjusting to a new culture and so that our experiences might help others. I even try to help other RUB members with their questions and concerns.

Along come people that speak only one language (and not too well at that) and criticize with snarky comments those that have accomplished a lot more in a lot shorter time. Compared to coming from a RUB country, adjusting here would be a cakewalk and nothing at all if you didn't have to adjust to driving on the right side of the road. Along come people with inspirational quotes in their signature about educating women to insult an educated woman. :wacko: I mean, seriously, what is up with that?

While I may disagree with some people on politics or social issues, I can honestly say I never insulted their spouses or their spouse's accomplishments but I keep a gun handy to blow my brains out if I ever sink that low.

:rofl: It is rather pitiful in retrospect.

I am finished with that and ready to get back to having fun.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.