Dad&nick

what is sent in with I-864

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

ok i just filled out my i-864 forms i detacted all the instructions and the instructions for the I-864a as it not aplicable i have my tax returned copied and have paid the IV FEE OF $404 AND THE $88 AOS FEE what else do i need to send in?

ok i just filled out my i-864 forms i detacted all the instructions and the instructions for the I-864a as it not aplicable i have my tax returned copied and have paid the IV FEE OF $404 AND THE $88 AOS FEE what else do i need to send in?

AOS:

-bar-coded cover letter from payment portal

-cover letter (optional, but recommended)

-completed and signed I-864

-tax info (either tax transcripts OR 1040s and W2s)

-employment letter (optional)

-pay stubs (optional)

If co-sponsor: his/her forms and documents (including proof of US citizenship/residency)

IV:

-completed and signed (don't sign part 2) DS-230

-2 passport pictures (with full name, date of birth, and case number written on back)

-photocopy of bio-data page

-original/certified copy of birth certificate (plus a photocopy)

I see in your timeline this is for an IR-2 visa. If that's correct, if you child is over 16, then they'll also need to include a police certificate.

There might also be other requirements for an IR-2 visa, but I'm not sure.

Timeline

AOS:

-completed and signed I-864

-tax info (either tax transcripts OR 1040s and W2s)

-employment letter (optional)

-pay stubs (optional)

If co-sponsor: his/her forms and documents (including proof of US citizenship/residency)

IV:

-completed and signed (don't sign part 2) DS-230

-2 passport pictures (with full name, date of birth, and case number written on back)

-original/certified copy of birth certificate (plus a photocopy)

I see in your timeline this is for an IR-2 visa. If that's correct, if you child is over 16, then they'll also need to include a police certificate.

There might also be other requirements for an IR-2 visa, but I'm not sure.

my son is 14 years old im self employed ! i have the bar code cover letter but what is the cover letter (optional, but recommended)

also i need his orignal or certified copy of birth certificate and 2 passport pictures he is in Australia i will have to get that sent to me here!! what happens to the birth sertifcate ? do i get it back?

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

IV:

If use EP, how to send password pictures with IV package.

Copy and photocopy are same or not,should we send copy or photocopy of bio-data page of passport?

my son is 14 years old im self employed ! i have the bar code cover letter but what is the cover letter (optional, but recommended)

also i need his orignal or certified copy of birth certificate and 2 passport pictures he is in Australia i will have to get that sent to me here!! what happens to the birth sertifcate ? do i get it back?

Ok, if he's 14, then he doesn't need a police certificate.

The cover letter is something you write up. Here's an example one for AOS: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US#Attachment_2_.E2.80.93_I-864_.28Affidavit_Of_Support.29_Cover_Letter and one for the IV: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US#Attachment_4_.E2.80.93_DS-230_Cover_Sheet Of course take out what doesn't apply.

Yes, you need either the original or certified copy of his birth certificate. This will be returned at the interview.

And yes, he'll have to send you two passport pictures, as well as everything else needed.

If use EP, how to send password pictures with IV package.

Copy and photocopy are same or not,should we send copy or photocopy of bio-data page of passport?

Please don't hi-jack other people's threads. It's rude.

If you want to know how I scanned two passport pictures for EP, read my wiki (linked in my signature) and go down to the 'Scanning' section. I explained how I did it.

And for your bio-data page of your passport, scan it and include it in the PDF file.

Timeline

thanks does it matter if i detached the instructios from the I-864 forms ???

im waiting for my son to send me the passport photos and the birth certifcate can i send in the AOS First?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

im waiting for my son to send me the passport photos and the birth certifcate can i send in the AOS First?

What do you mean you "detached the instructions"? The instructions for the I-864 are a completely separate document, contained in a different PDF file. Did you remove pages 6 and 7 of the I-864? If so then they won't accept your I-864. Those pages are the terms of the contract you are signing. The document is worthless without them. The I-134 was found unenforceable precisely because it referred to contractual terms that were contained in a separate document.

The I-864 is 8 pages. You need to submit all 8 pages.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

User above me answered your first question.

As long as your AOS bill appears as PAID in the payment portal, then yes, you can send the AOS. Please go over everything and make sure you have everything included that's needed for your AOS package to avoid an RFE.

Timeline

What do you mean you "detached the instructions"? The instructions for the I-864 are a completely separate document, contained in a different PDF file. Did you remove pages 6 and 7 of the I-864? If so then they won't accept your I-864. Those pages are the terms of the contract you are signing. The document is worthless without them. The I-134 was found unenforceable precisely because it referred to contractual terms that were contained in a separate document.

The I-864 is 8 pages. You need to submit all 8 pages.

mine forms are from the USCIS NOT downloaded from the internet the instructions are attached to the forms

mine forms are from the USCIS NOT downloaded from the internet the instructions are attached to the forms

The I-864 that people download from the internet IS from USCIS. Found on this page: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b70f8875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD There's two separate PDFs: one's just the form I-864 (8 pages) and then there's the instructions. You have to submit just the 8-page I-864.

Timeline

The I-864 that people download from the internet IS from USCIS. Found on this page: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b70f8875d714d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD There's two separate PDFs: one's just the form I-864 (8 pages) and then there's the instructions. You have to submit just the 8-page I-864.

yup ok i got all that i went down to photo copy my tax return becasue my transripts are now avaliable , do i include the state tax or just the federal return ? im self emplyoyed

yup ok i got all that i went down to photo copy my tax return becasue my transripts are now avaliable , do i include the state tax or just the federal return ? im self emplyoyed

If you have the tax transcripts from IRS then just send those, not the tax returns. NVC much prefers the transcripts.

Timeline

If you have the tax transcripts from IRS then just send those, not the tax returns. NVC much prefers the transcripts.

my tax transcripts are not yet avaiable ive been trying the irs website but they are not avaliable for 2010 yet!

Edited by Dad&nick

my tax transcripts are not yet avaiable ive been trying the irs website but they are not avaliable for 2010 yet!

When did you get your refund for 2010?

My husband's 2010 transcripts were available right after he got his refund.

Timeline

When did you get your refund for 2010?

My husband's 2010 transcripts were available right after he got his refund.

i have to pay in this year (self employed) no refund i see i can get the acoount transcript but not the return transcript???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.