fight4love

Interview In 2 Days - Need All Your Advice Please

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My interview is due in a couple of days and I'm really beginning to feel jitters building up. I'm so grateful for this site and its members because of the great help it provides to others who are going through similar experience and sleepless nights of worry.

I want to seek your advice on the following:

• PROOF OF ON GOING RELATIONSHIP - We got photos. Screenshots of his text email to my email (where his mobile number shows, date and time also shows) there are about 2000 on the message counter of my Hotmail only messages from him. Another (roughly) 1800 of my replies. We don't have phone bills because we mainly use Skype. Got text messages but I can't bring my mobile phone inside the USEm, got cards, gift notes (he buys from Amazon), notarized statements of support and awareness of the relationship from his Grandma, Uncle and Best friend, receipts from his visit. ***AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??? ADDITIONAL TIPS?

• INTERVIEW - What are the questions asked to those who had to undergo Personal/Psych Eval (no testing was requested).

• INFAMOUS Window11 /Stokes style interview - I read about this in one of the threads. I have no idea why the Window 11 is infamous and I'm guessing this is the tougher interviewer? To those who knows, please enlighten me.

• Please feel free to add other advice/tips you feel is relavant and would help me finally be with the man I love so much. Thank you so much and all your responses are appreciated.

Best regards.

Edited by fight4love

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to VisaJourney.

It might help if you state your country of citizenship, and where you're interviewing.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Welcome to VisaJourney.

It might help if you state your country of citizenship, and where you're interviewing.

Sorry for the missing information. I'm from the Philippines, interview in Manila.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My interview is due in a couple of days and I'm really beginning to feel jitters building up. I'm so grateful for this site and its members because of the great help it provides to others who are going through similar experience and sleepless nights of worry.

I want to seek your advice on the following:

• PROOF OF ON GOING RELATIONSHIP - We got photos. Screenshots of his text email to my email (where his mobile number shows, date and time also shows) there are about 2000 on the message counter of my Hotmail only messages from him. Another (roughly) 1800 of my replies. We don't have phone bills because we mainly use Skype. Got text messages but I can't bring my mobile phone inside the USEm, got cards, gift notes (he buys from Amazon), notarized statements of support and awareness of the relationship from his Grandma, Uncle and Best friend, receipts from his visit. ***AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??? ADDITIONAL TIPS?

>>>>>your proofs of an ongoing relationship looks good. There are those who did screen shots of skype video chat and call logs ( i dont know how to, we dont use skype often). You may put all the proofs of relationship you got in one folder so its easy for you to hand it once asked, In my own experience the filipino/filipina pre screener is the one who checked all these docs, i noticed she made notes on my file. The pre screener will also ask you questions about you and your fiance.(easy questions :thumbs: )

• INTERVIEW - What are the questions asked to those who had to undergo Personal/Psych Eval (no testing was requested).

>>>>>I knew someone who had a psych eval and she was never asked by the CO about it. so dont worry :)

• INFAMOUS Window11 /Stokes style interview - I read about this in one of the threads. I have no idea why the Window 11 is infamous and I'm guessing this is the tougher interviewer? To those who knows, please enlighten me.

>>>>>sorry, I dont have idea about this window 11, I noticed CO were assigned to window 60-64 during my interview last July 19th.I was interviewed at window 61 with middle aged lady american CO, she was extra nice! She only asked me one photo of us.

• Please feel free to add other advice/tips you feel is relavant and would help me finally be with the man I love so much. Thank you so much and all your responses are appreciated.

>>>>>prepare your appointment letter, BPI receipt and all DS forms(2 ds 156-glued you visa photograph and signed it prior going to interview, its less hassle that way, 2 ds 157, 1 ds 156k) they will checked these forms at the entrance.

>>>>>your Affidavit of support I-134 put it with separate folder together with the supporting docs: 2008-2010 ITR & W2s, Employer's letter, paystubs. (in my case they only took my I134, employer's letter, ITR & W2's for 2009-2010.

You'll do just fine. It was easy and quick, took only like 2-5 mins with CO in my case :).Goodluck! and hey always smile :):thumbs: :thumbs:

Best regards.

Edited by Mhayonaise

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Timeline

Mhayonaise,

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by your detailed response. Thank you so much! I will take all your advice and will absolutely do my best. Interview on Monday and I certainly hope all goes well and I get to see my sweetheart. Again, I appreciated your time and effort to help me. I wish you happiness and all the best. :)

Timeline

Do you only show your emails and photos at the interview or do you send them along in your package? I'm filing for a Mexican to come to USA.

Hi,

I would be best to include copies of emails from the time that you met. Make sure you show key information i.e. date/time, both your names and message. It will serve you best to keep in mind while doing your I29-F that you are convincing the US Gov't that your relationship is genuine and that you are not trying to commit fraud. Also remember TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS - it will be the key to the success of your application and also avoid an RFE (Request For Evidence) which will delay your application by 2weeks to 1 month depending on the nature of the RFE.

Everything or at least the most important information you need to know are in the website of USCIS.

Follow this link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I hope this helps. Best regards.

Timeline

Correction:

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by your detailed response. Thank you so much! I will take all your advice and will absolutely do my best. Interview on Monday and I certainly hope all goes well and I get to see my sweetheart. Again, I appreciate* your time and effort to help me. I wish you happiness and all the best. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Correction:

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by your detailed response. Thank you so much! I will take all your advice and will absolutely do my best. Interview on Monday and I certainly hope all goes well and I get to see my sweetheart. Again, I appreciate* your time and effort to help me. I wish you happiness and all the best. :)

Hello! you're welcome :). Best of luck to you on Monday! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Depends on the reason why you had your Psych Evaluation. If it's regarding a previous marriage, depression and other emotional problems, well you know, it happens.

If it's because of Drug related problems, depending on the severity, I am not sure. You said no testing was made so I guess you're good to go! :thumbs:

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

Depends on the reason why you had your Psych Evaluation. If it's regarding a previous marriage, depression and other emotional problems, well you know, it happens.

If it's because of Drug related problems, depending on the severity, I am not sure. You said no testing was made so I guess you're good to go! :thumbs:

In the New building of the US Embassy in Manila, Window 11 if I'm not mistaken, is located in the left side where they do the Non Immigrant Applicant Interviews wherein as we all know, a lot of Tourist Visas are getting rejected everyday. I don't think you are going to pass by that window.

AOS Timeline

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

Paul Kay,

Thanks for your response. As per the Psych Eval, definitely not related to drugs or other substance. That would be tragic. Good thing I managed to just live life the best way I can. Thank you also for sharing your knowledge anout the Window 11. I came across information about it in one of the threads here in VJ and it kind of made me nervous. I'm still restless with all the anticipation and worries. I really hope I get my approval because we're in love :) Best of luck to you guys as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; My interview is next week :blush:

& i'm starting to have sleepless nights, HAHA :rolleyes:

Anywhoooo, :whistle:

I wish you good luck and ROCK that interview!! :dance:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Timeline

Paul Kay,

Thanks for your response. As per the Psych Eval, definitely not related to drugs or other substance. That would be tragic. Good thing I managed to just live life the best way I can. Thank you also for sharing your knowledge anout the Window 11. I came across information about it in one of the threads here in VJ and it kind of made me nervous. I'm still restless with all the anticipation and worries. I really hope I get my approval because we're in love :) Best of luck to you guys as well.

I was a nervous wreck too but I felt like all my nervousness and anxiety that I brought upon myself by reading other threads online were useless because the interview was a breeze. The hardest part was the medical exam, which wasn't even that hard. You can do it!

AOS Timeline

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Proof of ongoing relationship: the consular officers in Manila usually don't pay much attention to proof of an ongoing relationship, but they do like to look at your photos.

Psych evaluation questions: they probably won't ask about your psych evaluation since you passed your medical already. If they ask a question about your psych evaluation, just answer it honestly. You really shouldn't worry too much about your psych evaluation. If the doctor thought there was something wrong with you, the doctor would have required a psych test....but they didn't require a psych test.

Fraud interview at the USEM: if the Embassy suspects fraud, they will interrogate you for hours in another room. You will be interrogated by both Pinoy and 'Kano Embassy personnel. They will try to intimidate you and threaten you unless you sign a document admitting fraud. Never sign anything. Always defend yourself. Never give up.

The typical K-1 interview at the USEM lasts five minutes and is a breeze.

I hope you will share your good news with us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.