edsotherhalf

Lost Passport

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am just speculating here. From the previous posts we know that you can get the "do not open" package re-wrapped at most consulates with a fee. So i assume that if you get a replacement passport then you can send it in and pay whatever charge and they will give you a new one.

I hope its that easy.

The problem is, the do not open packet is the entire petition paper copy. If thats gone its a HUGE HUGE issue. They mail the don't open packet with the passport. Not just the OPs passport is missing..

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Business Day 15 since my interview. Senator said yesterday that DHL has my passport but it did not arrive today. We phoned back to Senator's office, was told she will get right on it but no response back since. Now hubby is thinking he might as well head home and get another week's work in. We checked on the moving trucks. We can get one tomorrow or Sunday but as of Monday nothing for a week. Now what???? There is no one to contact to find out what to do next. Do I declare my passport lost???? I have emailed the consulate IV unit, they do not deal with lost passports. DHL will not even look for a passport, that according to DOS was picked up July 7, without a waybill number. The Consulate has not put up a waybill number. If I declare it lost do I have to start all over again? Do I make an appt at the Consulate, put out the money again to fly to Montreal for them to put in a new visa??? I will have to try and get my old job back to save up for next three months to pay for all this #######.

Declaring your passport lost is probably premature. Technically no seems to know where it is. If you did so and put a new passport application in motion, all most guaranteed yours would arrive with the VISA in it, but the passport would be invalid ....not sure how that would work :( So did they lie to the senator's office? Are you close to the local DHL center and could go down there and raise hell? Nothing like a little 'Queen Bee' to move things along.

I'm so sorry - this is obviously very stressful

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is not sounding any better. The problem here is with getting in touch with people. The numbers we are given are general numbers, not where you can talk to someone who knows someone. I am, in the back of my mind, thinking it is still at the Consulate but of course the number you call can only book appointments. I found the call centre is no where near the Consulate or attached in any way. They gave me a general number at the Consulate but it says right on the answering service "you can no longer talk to a person". yesterday the Senator said she would get us a waynumber but after three calls back to her she never called us back. A little ticked about that one. We seem to have no recourse here. I feel like I am being held hostage as I can't leave my country if I wanted to. Now it is looking like my husband will have to fly home, airfare expense, then I will have to drive the truck myself if we ever get this settled. I may have to go back to work to pay to live until then. It is all very stressful. Its 17 business days but in reality days its been 25 days since my interview and acceptance.

The problem is, the do not open packet is the entire petition paper copy. If thats gone its a HUGE HUGE issue. They mail the don't open packet with the passport. Not just the OPs passport is missing..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have tine to look, but somewhere here on the Cdn forum, someone had a top officials email addy for Mtl. They were able to get that person to assist them resolve their issue. Maybe someone else can recall that post. It was either a email addy or phone# and they had listed tips on how to contact Mtl!! Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This may be the info I was thinking about: From Jeremy&Kathy:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/284686-family-visa-petition-in-montreal/

You could try emailing or faxing the consulate. If you do, direct your correspondence to "IV Unit Supervisor" and make sure your primary applicant's case number and name appear in the subject line.

Fax: 514-398-9748 (or 514.398.0973, not sure which one is best)

Email: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

Cheers

Edited by Flames9_RN

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

This may be the info I was thinking about: From Jeremy&Kathy:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/284686-family-visa-petition-in-montreal/

You could try emailing or faxing the consulate. If you do, direct your correspondence to "IV Unit Supervisor" and make sure your primary applicant's case number and name appear in the subject line.

Fax: 514-398-9748 (or 514.398.0973, not sure which one is best)

Email: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

Cheers

Fax them!!! I would fax them once a day lol.

I found this in anotehr post its got the guys name unless it has changed since then you can even put his name on it.

Jeremy&Kathy, on 04 December 2010 - 09:58 AM, said:

As of this morning, dhl.ca shows that our visas have been shipped! THANK YOU MR. SCOTT F. THE IV UNIT SUPERVISOR!!

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 11 years later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/23/2011 at 10:38 AM, edsotherhalf said:

This is not sounding any better. The problem here is with getting in touch with people. The numbers we are given are general numbers, not where you can talk to someone who knows someone. I am, in the back of my mind, thinking it is still at the Consulate but of course the number you call can only book appointments. I found the call centre is no where near the Consulate or attached in any way. They gave me a general number at the Consulate but it says right on the answering service "you can no longer talk to a person". yesterday the Senator said she would get us a waynumber but after three calls back to her she never called us back. A little ticked about that one. We seem to have no recourse here. I feel like I am being held hostage as I can't leave my country if I wanted to. Now it is looking like my husband will have to fly home, airfare expense, then I will have to drive the truck myself if we ever get this settled. I may have to go back to work to pay to live until then. It is all very stressful. Its 17 business days but in reality days its been 25 days since my interview and acceptance.

@edsotherhalf I am in the same situation, were you able to track your passport/US Consulate was able to find it/DHL...they use Canada post now & I am stuck in same limbo

Timeline

~~Eleven year old thread locked to further replies. If you have a questions you need to start your own thread.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.