Norivi

K1 Visa application is under further administrative processing/ review

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone here had the same problem as mine?

Na interview na ako, and the guy from window 73 did not return my passport.

All he said was to wait until I hear from the embassy coz it is still for further review.

so I asked why is it for further review, what is the reason?

the guy said that the consul did not write a reason, but it's for review(the exact words. FOR REVIEW,he sisnt say administrative processing)

he even added that if during the review the consul finds no problem with the documents

I will receive my passport back along with the VISA. So i asked for how long I will wait? The guy said there is no time line :(

I wanna hear stories from K1 applicants who had their application put on administrative processing/review?

and... anong pinag kaiba sa administrative processing and administrative review? nag va-vary din ba young time line sa dalawa?

Ganu kaya to katagal nuh? This is sad :(

I attached the white letter that the guy gave me. wall naming aka tick na lacking documents or requirements.

naka star lang ang 2nd to the last box.

Edited by Norivi

Timeline

All he said was to wait until I hear from the embassy coz it is still for further review.

the guy said that the consul did not write a reason, but it's for review(the exact words. FOR REVIEW,he sisnt say administrative processing)

he even added that if during the review the consul finds no problem with the documents

I will receive my passport back along with the VISA. So i asked for how long I will wait? The guy said there is no time line :(

I wanna hear stories from K1 applicants who had their application put on administrative processing/review?

and... anong pinag kaiba sa administrative processing and administrative review? nag va-vary din ba young time line sa dalawa?

I attached the white letter that the guy gave me. wall naming aka tick na lacking documents or requirements.

post-111058-0-48371900-1310897063_thumb.png

I think thats 221g form? When did you have your interview? I cant comment about your case since ours went okay and they didnt asked any documents at all after we were being interviewed by the consul. What are the documents you think that is lacking? Any idea? :)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Hi, I am sorry to hear about you are under AP or AR. Just curious, what could be the reason? Do you have any of those common red flags being mentioned here by some members? Have you been previously married ? or anything you think might be the reason. Just wanna know as this would serve as guidance to all others who would still go through interview. Hope and pray that soon you will from the consulate. Keep hoping and praying, God is still in control. I am sure other experienced members will come out and probably will share their knowledge to help in your case. God bless !

Timeline

I think thats 221g form? When did you have your interview? I cant comment about your case since ours went okay and they didnt asked any documents at all after we were being interviewed by the consul. What are the documents you think that is lacking? Any idea? :)

well, when I went up to window 52(i think) where the lady was asking for my documents, she noticed that my birthdate on my cenomar and birth certificate were different. I explained to her the reason.

Told her that it had been corrected already and the reference is on my birth cert... hmm yah I guess thats what they need to verify :crying:

btw, I had my interview last July 15 at USEM.

hmm we are just worried if this will take unto several month :crying:

your case is under ap ...i have been wAITING for over a month now .. still no news from the consulate ... hope that we will out of this AP soon .. good luck .

what did the consul say? did they ask for any docs from you?

Timeline

Hi, I am sorry to hear about you are under AP or AR. Just curious, what could be the reason? Do you have any of those common red flags being mentioned here by some members? Have you been previously married ? or anything you think might be the reason. Just wanna know as this would serve as guidance to all others who would still go through interview. Hope and pray that soon you will from the consulate. Keep hoping and praying, God is still in control. I am sure other experienced members will come out and probably will share their knowledge to help in your case. God bless !

aww, thats sweet. thank you.

my birth year on my cenomar is 1985.

while my birth cert. is 1984.

but at the bottom of my birth cert. there's a remarks that says: it has been corrected to 1984.

do you think that caused this? and how long does this ap/ar usually takes? :crying:

Timeline

your case is under ap ...i have been wAITING for over a month now .. still no news from the consulate ... hope that we will out of this AP soon .. good luck .

do let me know once you've heard from the embassy. we're anxious about this. thank you :)

We had the same situation at the interview, look at our timeline, you will see that it took about 3 weeks for us, each case is different so nobody can tell you how long it will take, in our case they didnt need additional paperwork and the only box checked was , wait for us to call you, like i see on yours. Seems to me you will be fine, tthey may have to finish some name checks or something to that nature, we were really nervous when it happened , but it all worked out in time, a little more waiting and you will get your visa, we called DOS to check in each week, and you can also check with 2GO to see if/when they get your passport with the visa attached, good luck and try not to worry.

K1 Visa Timeline

10/11/2010 - I-129F sent via USPS

10/19/2010 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 10/15/2010

04/08/2011- received NOA2 hard copy, dated 04/05/2011

04/12/2011- NVC received petition

04/18/2011- received letter from NVC

04/18/2011- Manila embassy received petition

04/27/2011- medical exam passed

05/04/2011- appointment letter received dated 06/01/2011

06/01/2011- appointment date, put on administrative review

06/24/2011- visa granted

06/29/2011- received visa

07/18/2011- cfo class

07/21/2011- arrived in America

09/02/2011- happily married!

AOS Timeline

12/01/2011- AOS packet sent

12/06/2011- received email and text from USCIS with MSC number

12/07/2011- check was cashed

12/10/2011- received NOA hard copy dated 12/05/2011

12/12/2011- received NOA hard copy for biometrics appointment for 12/28/2011

12/24/2011- received NOA hard copy stating that our case was transfered to CSC on 12/20/2011

12/28/2011- biometrics appointment completed

06/25/2012- put in service request

09/12/2012- AOS approved

09/17/2012- card production

09/21/2012- greencard in hand

ROC Timeline

08/04/2014 - sent ROC packet

08/13/2014 - received I-797, NOA, dated 08/08/2014

08/28/2014 - received biometric appt. letter for 09/11/2014

02/25/2015- ROC approved

Timeline

We had the same situation at the interview, look at our timeline, you will see that it took about 3 weeks for us, each case is different so nobody can tell you how long it will take, in our case they didnt need additional paperwork and the only box checked was , wait for us to call you, like i see on yours. Seems to me you will be fine, tthey may have to finish some name checks or something to that nature, we were really nervous when it happened , but it all worked out in time, a little more waiting and you will get your visa, we called DOS to check in each week, and you can also check with 2GO to see if/when they get your passport with the visa attached, good luck and try not to worry.

OMG. you don't know how i feel reading this message. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the embassy. I hope ours will arrive soon :)

at least this gives us a little hope :)

My fiance will come here on september to make sure everything is still okay :)

Thanksss

Timeline

OMG. you don't know how i feel reading this message. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the embassy. I hope ours will arrive soon :)

at least this gives us a little hope :)

My fiance will come here on september to make sure everything is still okay :)

Thanksss

BTW, whatis DOS? do you have their number still? that would be very helpful for us..

Thanksss :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

DOS-Department of State:

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an Operator

Edited by Operator

Timeline

DOS-Department of State:

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an Operator

thank you for this :)

Don't worry...it won't take months...it will take from a few days to a few weeks. The Embassy is probably checking out your birth date.

Chinook received a 221g at her K-1 interview. She received her visa one week after she submitted the required documents.

Hang in there...your time is coming malapit na! :yes:

Timeline

Im in the same situation. My case is also put in AP. I'm already waiting almost 3 months and yet nothing good still waiting. I so hope that the review will be over and that the visa will be release soon.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.