NatTierney

Advice about NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Our NOA2 arrived!! so so excited but now I am feeling overwhelmed because of all the things I have heard about the NVC. Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do right away or what I need to get sorted before I even recieve the NVC case number. Im still a little confused about the whole process even after reading all the guidelines and everything. Basically is there anything I need to know that will make the process go any faster or where we dont have any delays or hold ups because Im really missing my husband and me and our baby girl cannot wait until he arrives! Thanks for any info you can give me

Yes you can call to the 603-334-0700 which is the National Visa Center number they have a 24 hour automatic machine.. or you can speak to an operator. I got my case number by calling there within 3 days from when i got approve i receive my case number. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THEM YOUR CURRENT EMAIL SO THEY CAN EMAIL THE PAPER WORK TO YOU, YOUR PARTNER AND IF YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY (3RD PERSON HELPING WITH YOUR CASE) .. an the email it will explain the following steps.

Good Luck!

Sent I-130 *January 24, 2011*
Check Cashed *February 18, 2011*
NOA1 Receive *February 22, 2011*
NOA2 Receive *June 23, 2011*
Case Number/SDO# Receive *June 24, 2011*
NVC Email Receive *June 28, 2011*
IV & AOS payments made *June 29, 2011*
AOS & IV Payment show as PAID *June 30, 2011*
AOS & D-230 package SENT *July 08, 2011*
Packages receive @ *NVC - I got my return certify mail slip* *July 11, 2011*
Called NVC auto-machine missing documents *July 21, 2011*
E-mail from NVC "CheckList" -missing documents *July 26, 2011*
Missing Documents sent to NVC *July 27, 2011*
NVC Receive missing documents - I got my return certify mail slip* *July 29, 2011*
Case Complete smile.png *August 5, 2011*
Interview Date *September 21, 2011*

I-751 form - *August 2012*

Our NOA2 arrived!! so so excited but now I am feeling overwhelmed because of all the things I have heard about the NVC. Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do right away or what I need to get sorted before I even recieve the NVC case number. Im still a little confused about the whole process even after reading all the guidelines and everything. Basically is there anything I need to know that will make the process go any faster or where we dont have any delays or hold ups because Im really missing my husband and me and our baby girl cannot wait until he arrives! Thanks for any info you can give me

Congrats on your NOA2!!!

Make sure you have all of your original/ certified documents ready to go - marriage certificates, birth certificates, divorce papers (if either of you have been married before). If possible, its not a bad idea to have a couple of certified copies of these documents also, just in case.

I can't speak personally for your country, but I would be looking into getting your police certificate and medical done. I was a little late getting my police certificate ordered, and since it took 25 days to get instead of the 7-10days that I was told, this set me back about two weeks on sending my DS-230 package to the NVC. You usually have to have your NVC case number in order to have your medical....but there are some doctors around that may do it without. Hopefully someone can give you some more specific information in regards to how long these things take in your country (maybe check to see if there is a forum for Ireland where they can give you more specific answers). But even if you can't have your medical until you get your case number - make sure you have your vaccination records ready to take with you. If you are missing any, or don't have the records then you could look at getting those now.

Get all the AOS documents ready also.... tax returns or tax transcipts. It is recommended that you have a few months worth of payslips and a letter of employment...but they aren't required. Honestly, we only sent the last three years tax transcipts and our AOS was accepted with no problems. If the petitioner's income is borderline on 125% of the poverty level, then payslips and an employment letter would probably be a good idea. If a co-sponsor is needed for the AOS, then start collecting their tax returns also.

If you have all of your paperwork in order it is possible to get through the NVC in 2-4weeks. Ignore my timeline...we had a bit of a rough ride, partly my fault, partly the NVC's.

I hope you have a smooth trip through the NVC. Good luck to you and your family!

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for the info. I JUST started a job as a self employed Nanny like 2 weeks ago. I make $500 a week and she writes me a check. And I have been traveling the past 2 years so I really don't have any tax reciepts from the US from then. Does that mean I might need to get a co-sponsor?

Umm....unfortunately, I would probably say yes - you will need a co-sponsor. I think 125% of the poverty level for a household of 3 (you, your husband, and your baby) is around $23000 ( I'm assuming that there are only three of you, and that there are no other dependants).

Co-sponsoring isn't something I have much knowledge of I'm afraid, as we didn't need one. Hopefully someone else will be better able to help you with this part.

In regards to the police certificate - yes he has to have one. He will need one from every country he has lived in for more than 6mths since turning 16.

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Make sure you look at the official government instructions about the beneficiary docs needed at NVC along with his visa application:

official documentation instructions re: visa application

IR-1/CR-1 Spouse CA Svc Ctr 2011 (82 days) Apr07: NOA1. Jun27: NOA2 text.
Delivery from USCIS to NVC (24 days) Jul21: CSC mailed it to NVC

NVC (43 days)
Jul25: "in the NVC bldg"---->Jul26: NVC Case#,IIN# (1 day in-house, 29 days since NOA2)

AOS i-864.....Jul28: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug01: "paid"/mailed (4 days). Aug3: AOS in the bldg
Aug 11: phone rep "AOS RFE: 23/24a: no blanks" (pdf won't print n/a"). Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 12)
Aug 22: AOS approved

IV ds-230:
Jul26: send DS-3032 ----> Jul29: DS-3032 accepted (3 days)
Aug01: bill rcv'd (2 days)& paid ---->Aug02: "paid"/mailed (1 day)
Aug04:ds-230 delivered ---> Aug 12: "under review"
Aug 15: phone rep "RFE:ds-230 #30." (16th bdate left as "----") Fedex'd new copy (arrived Aug 16)
Aug 30: phone rep: "no military record." me: "it's there!" rep: "15 biz days starting today"
Sep 06: phone rep: "needs review. 15 MORE biz days" me: "no way" Supervisor asks Mgr "open file & verify it's complete since 8/16." 6 hours later: CASE CLOSED!

Consulate
Sep 13: INTERVIEW scheduled, email letter arrived
Sep 15: MEDICAL in Stockholm
Sep 23: Packet Left NVC -> Embassy
Oct 31: INTERVIEW 4-minutes and DONE. APPROVED. Visa is "in the mail"

Nov 27: arrival in USA

DIVORCE: final May 2015 - never whould have married without dating in-person for at least a year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations.

Review these links, they will familiarize you with the NVC process.

EZGuide

NVC

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.