joe and korda

Why is it more than a month since RFE reply and no NOA2?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It has now been a month since USCIS received our reply to the RFE and still no NOA2. Why do some people

get the NOA2 within a week of RFE reply and our case has not even been looked at yet? This process is so

crazy and unfair, that if I think about it too much, I will go insane. It just doesn't make any sense at

all. I have visited my fiance 10 times in the past 15 months. I will be going for an 11th time next week.

I am a professional who makes about 20 times the minimum required income. I have been divorced for more than

4 years now. My fiance has never been married and she has no children. I have no children. I am 47 and she is

33. We are both healthy. There is absolutely no reason for USCIS to be taking this long on our case. We applied

on Nov. 12, 2010. It is now more than 8 months and still no NOA2! I am just really getting pissed off at this

point. I am by nature, a very patient person, but this process is really testing my patience. The RFE was asking

for our letter of intent to marry, which we already had in the original petition! This experience has changed my

entire opinion of our government. I used to be a very liberal person, who believed our government was working on

our behalf for the most part. Now I am bitter and getting more conservative everyday. I went through my last 10

years of tax returns and added up what I have paid in taxes over the past decade. It is more than $1.4 million.

I feel like my government is screwing me over right now and it is just pissing me off. I am trying very hard to

keep a positive attitude and remain calm, but I am starting to lose it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The RFE review depends on the type of the document that the USCIS requested. Looking to others already responded to the same kind of RFE as you do, didn’t take them more than 2 weeks. I recommend you to call the USCIS or set up an appointment with InfoPass and do a service request.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got RFE and an e-mail from USCIS on Jun30th that they received our respond

Now we still wating NOA2 for 2 weeks and no any update yet.

We got NOA1 on Nov16th (VSC!!!). We are in the same boat

I am Thai woman and my fiance is an American.

Hope u gonna get approved soon. Good luck.

I'm normally not a very patient person...and waiting for our NOA2 was absolute h*ll. :clock::girlwerewolf2xn::lol:

Thank goodness we didn't have to wait as long as you have been waiting!

It's time for you to talk to the USCIS.

Hang in there, bro'...I can testify that it's definitely worth the wait! :thumbs::yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

We are on the same boat but we applied on December. This waiting is very stressful. Good luck to still waiting.

It has now been a month since USCIS received our reply to the RFE and still no NOA2. Why do some people

get the NOA2 within a week of RFE reply and our case has not even been looked at yet? This process is so

crazy and unfair, that if I think about it too much, I will go insane. It just doesn't make any sense at

all. I have visited my fiance 10 times in the past 15 months. I will be going for an 11th time next week.

I am a professional who makes about 20 times the minimum required income. I have been divorced for more than

4 years now. My fiance has never been married and she has no children. I have no children. I am 47 and she is

33. We are both healthy. There is absolutely no reason for USCIS to be taking this long on our case. We applied

on Nov. 12, 2010. It is now more than 8 months and still no NOA2! I am just really getting pissed off at this

point. I am by nature, a very patient person, but this process is really testing my patience. The RFE was asking

for our letter of intent to marry, which we already had in the original petition! This experience has changed my

entire opinion of our government. I used to be a very liberal person, who believed our government was working on

our behalf for the most part. Now I am bitter and getting more conservative everyday. I went through my last 10

years of tax returns and added up what I have paid in taxes over the past decade. It is more than $1.4 million.

I feel like my government is screwing me over right now and it is just pissing me off. I am trying very hard to

keep a positive attitude and remain calm, but I am starting to lose it.

2diFp2.png

Dec 17. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

July 26. 2011 - Medical Test

August 19th - Packed 3 Received

August 19th - Packed 3 Send

September 15th - Packed 4 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.