nyc_alex

Egyptian Filing for Egyptian

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am very new here and just recently filed for a K-1 visa for my Fiance. A bit of info baout me: 23yrd old, female,born in Egypt, US citizen.

My fiance is: 26yrs old, living in Egypt. We met in '06 and were recently engaged in April of this year. My concern is: being that I was a full time student for the past 6 years, I couldn't make as many trips to Egypt (only about 3 visits since 06), but when I go to Egypt its for like 3 months at a time. Except for the last trip in April (only 10 days). Anyways will my limited number of visits be a problem? I sent many photos of us together, our engagement party with family in egypt, engagemnt ring receipt, boarding pass, phone logs, skype logs, etc.

See the thing is- in our culture we cant just openly go out with a guy until your engaged so that also limited my possibility of traveling to see him. Anyways, just FYI, my parents both are totaly supportive of the engagment (and my entire family back in Egypt!). Although my parents couldnt make it to the engagment party (due to their work):( which was a very sad moment for my mom- so they sent my older brother with me and had my grandma/aunts/uncles/cousins fill in for them for 2ryet El Fat7ah (when your technically engaged).

Thanks in advance.

K1 Timeline

I-129f Sent ............................. 07/11/2011

I-129f Rec'd............................ 07/13/2011

NOA1 ...................................... 07/15/2011

NOA2 ...................................... 11/22/2011

NVC Received ...................... 11/30/2011

NVC Left ................................. 12/07/2011

Consulate Received ............ 12/13/2011

Packet 3 Received ............... 12/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent ........................ 12/28/2011

Packet 4 Received ................ 2/2/2012 (Received a phone call)

Interview ................................ 2/5/2012 - APPROVED!! ... WITH AP

Visa Rec'd................................ 6/13/2012

AOS received..............................9/12/2012

EAD............................................11/29/2012

GC????????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It should not be a problem for I129F petition approval. Not at all. However, I highly recommend visiting him at least one more time between now and interview time. It may become a problem at the interview stage. However, you can easily fix it now by visiting him. This is a good time to do it.

Timeline

It should not be a problem for I129F petition approval. Not at all. However, I highly recommend visiting him at least one more time between now and interview time. It may become a problem at the interview stage. However, you can easily fix it now by visiting him. This is a good time to do it.

Thanks for your reply, however, I was saving the next trip for the interview (if it magically falls in winter break). If not than I will try to go to Egypt then. See its really hard for me to make it there, between my new entry into Grad school and work.....

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't believe you will have any problem...I only went to meet my husband and his family one time and stayed 3 months in my own apartment because of culture rules...then went over to marry him last year..he is from Jordan... you seem to have sent the same proof I did...and our petition got approved...good luck!! :luv:

Hello everyone,

I am very new here and just recently filed for a K-1 visa for my Fiance. A bit of info baout me: 23yrd old, female,born in Egypt, US citizen.

My fiance is: 26yrs old, living in Egypt. We met in '06 and were recently engaged in April of this year. My concern is: being that I was a full time student for the past 6 years, I couldn't make as many trips to Egypt (only about 3 visits since 06), but when I go to Egypt its for like 3 months at a time. Except for the last trip in April (only 10 days). Anyways will my limited number of visits be a problem? I sent many photos of us together, our engagement party with family in egypt, engagemnt ring receipt, boarding pass, phone logs, skype logs, etc.

See the thing is- in our culture we cant just openly go out with a guy until your engaged so that also limited my possibility of traveling to see him. Anyways, just FYI, my parents both are totaly supportive of the engagment (and my entire family back in Egypt!). Although my parents couldnt make it to the engagment party (due to their work):( which was a very sad moment for my mom- so they sent my older brother with me and had my grandma/aunts/uncles/cousins fill in for them for 2ryet El Fat7ah (when your technically engaged).

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, Welcome to VJ! It states you must have met your fiance in person within the last two years. You have no problem fulfilling that. I have been with my fiance alittle over 3 years and I only saw him once in Egypt for 2 weeks. We had our engagement party and were engaged at that time. The evidence you provided is plenty, just do more research on what the next step is in the process so you will be prepared. My fiance was approved at his interview and received his visa, He will be flying in on August 9th. Read alot on VJ about the entire process and everything will be fine :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, Welcome to VJ! It states you must have met your fiance in person within the last two years. You have no problem fulfilling that. I have been with my fiance alittle over 3 years and I only saw him once in Egypt for 2 weeks. We had our engagement party and were engaged at that time. The evidence you provided is plenty, just do more research on what the next step is in the process so you will be prepared. My fiance was approved at his interview and received his visa, He will be flying in on August 9th. Read alot on VJ about the entire process and everything will be fine :)

i do not think u will have any problem cause u r from the same culture and u saw him 3 times they dont require certain amount of times to c him as long as u met in person within 2 years , plus with the pictures and everything that should be good what can help u more if u r christian u can translate the engagment certificat ( mahdar el kotoba ) and that will help u even more .

Mina&Mariam

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

As long as you meet the requirement of meeting at least once within the 2 year prior to filing, you should be fine. The fact that you both share the same culture is a plus and probably will make your interview stage easier (along with a genuine relationship, of course).

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will be OK my friend. I am too from the same culture (we are both arab) as my fiancee, and her family are strict, so everytime we go out together, we have to have a "chaperone" (But this did not prevent me from sneeking in a kiss or two onto her cheeks :blush: ) Anyways...you will be OK, just try to be with him as much as possible.

Good Luck wa atamanna laki kol il tawfeek ya ukhti!!!

Timeline

Thank you everyone, I feel much relieved :thumbs: . I also that just got can email notification saying that I will receive form I-797 hope thats a good thing....

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.