Cercy

So many questions RE Fiance Visa

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just an idea, but there are lots of allied health certificate programs whose salary would put you in the ballpark of the the minimum financial guideline.

Like, say, Pharmacy Tech. In most places, a 6-9 month curriculum in a relatively inexpensive community college. And CC's also typically have free or very reasonable child care available for students.

Point is, there are options that might unfortunately postpone your plans but will put you in a much stronger position to knock this thing out.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Joint tax returns are not an issue.

$20 K is not enough to sponsor your fiance as you have a child. That makes the household count 3, with an income requirement of $23,162. So a joint sponsor will be needed.

Having you ex be the joint sponsor will raise a huge red flag at the interview. The CO is likely to assume that this is an arrangement to help his friend obtain US residency. It will be much easier to secure another joint sponsor. Any US citizen or green card holder can be a sponsor.

You cannot petition for your fiance until you are legally free to marry. So you've got time to sort out the joint sponsor issue.

Anh map said this best. Nothing can be Filed unless you are free to marry. All the other post are help for later when these matters are resolved.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well said, and actually supports the point -- it'll be a bit of time before you are even free to marry, so use that time to get yourself straight financially or secure a willing sponsor.

Also keep in mind that while the initial I-134 sponsor has to be able to meet the guidelines entirely on their own, when you file the I-864 you and the joint sponsor can share the support burden between the two of you.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

I apologize. This is just very upsetting for me. What about my fiance's income? He owns a house and has a really great job there and could save up a lot. But I assume that if he gave that to me to qualify they'd assume that was some sort of pay off rather than a fiance trying to help his future wife. He is established there, whereas I am trying to restart my life. If I could move to Portugal to be with him I could, but I can't abandon my child to do so.

Timeline

Just an idea, but there are lots of allied health certificate programs whose salary would put you in the ballpark of the the minimum financial guideline.

Like, say, Pharmacy Tech. In most places, a 6-9 month curriculum in a relatively inexpensive community college. And CC's also typically have free or very reasonable child care available for students.

Point is, there are options that might unfortunately postpone your plans but will put you in a much stronger position to knock this thing out.

My intention was to change my major from Anthropology to Elementary Education so that I could work the same hours as my daughter was in school ultimately but something like this would definitely be shorter. Thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Cercy

Timeline

I apologize. This is just very upsetting for me. What about my fiance's income? He owns a house and has a really great job there and could save up a lot. But I assume that if he gave that to me to qualify they'd assume that was some sort of pay off rather than a fiance trying to help his future wife. He is established there, whereas I am trying to restart my life. If I could move to Portugal to be with him I could, but I can't abandon my child to do so.

Cercy, the key word here is: Are you free to Marry is what I see from the Posts. Is the divorce FINALIZED. Yes/No ?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Our divorce should be final in October.

Cercy, the key word here is: Are you free to Marry is what I see from the Posts. Is the divorce FINALIZED. Yes/No ?

:idea:

Timeline

No, but it will be in just a few months and I don't see why I am unable to figure out what I need to do before I start doing it. My understanding is that these things take months to do and gathering information could easily take that long and I want to be on top of it.

Why does it matter whether or not I am starting the process now?

Wow you guys are being rude. So sorry to take up your time.

Edited by Cercy

Timeline

If not. Then you are putting yourself through alot of stress for nothing. Save all the comments from Members for a later date. They maybe useful later.

Good Luck

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

No, but it will be in just a few months and I don't see why I am unable to figure out what I need to do before I start doing it. My understanding is that these things take months to do and gathering information could easily take that long and I want to be on top of it.

Why does it matter whether or not I am starting the process now?

Wow you guys are being rude. So sorry to take up your time.

You are incorrect Cercy. Members only tried to help you. It's your own stress that made you mad. Trust me, I have done it too. Save all the Content of this Post MADE BY YOU. It maybe useful later.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

You don't think that it is rude to refuse to give me answers because you feel that it is not okay for me to be gathering information at this point? As I have clearly stated, my husband moved out nearly a year ago. Our relationship is over. All that is left is formalities and those formalities are taken care of. It is a waiting game at this point. I want to know what is expected of me now, not when it is late. YOU are the one who is telling me that it is simply not acceptable for me to be asking these questions because YOU are making judgments you are not entitled to make.

I would think that someone who had to go through this- who knows that the laws can be inconvenient and make people who love each other very much wait a long time to be together would be a little more gentle in their approach. I don't need to be told I am not allowed to find out what I need to do NOW, and I don't need people posting little ding ding ding emotes. I feel like I've been trolled, frankly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

topic reopened. two posts removed, one for personal attacks, one for quoting, and one poster permanently banned from this topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

My humble recommendations: 1) Get divorce, once divorce you can marry next day if you want

2) Take your time to know your fiancee for the best of your daughter and yourself and try to make as many trips as possible 2-3 at least to gather tonds of evidence, pictures, hotel reciepts, letters, mails, etc, etc

3) look for a job

4)get another sponsor

At the end, you will do what you and your fiancee wants. We are just here to advise you. You choose wheather to do it or not...!

Good luck in your choice and dont get mad with us VJ members :P

Timeline

Thank you. And thank you to the people who offered real advice. I apologize for being a bit testy but I think you've all been here and know how hard it is. You've saved me from a lot of heartache down the road- which is why I am asking questions now, rather than later. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.