M and L

Still no P3 after a Month and 1/2 // Question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our hard copy file was sent from NVC to GUZ June 7th. They still havent received as of today.

We already have the P3 paperwork completed and we are just waiting to hear that the "P3 was sent to my fiancee".

Question - Instead of waiting for them to tell us the P3 was sent to my fiancee (and then we send back the P3 right away) normal shortcut........

What would happen if we mail the P3 docs back now? Will they just be sent back or will GUZ keep? Just trying to save some time.

If we send P3 docs back now will this in ANYWAY delay the process any longer? We do NOT want this to happen :no:

Thanks,

Matthew

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Sending things before they are asked for is never a good idea. If they receive the packet before the P3 instructions are sent you run the risk of a) having it returned to you and b) missing some document that they ask for in the P3 instructions. Just because you ahve all the documents that the normal P3 requires, doesn't mean the VO will ask for something else. The Consulate processes seem to change constantly as evidenced by the CR-1 beneficiary not signing the DS-230 at the interview now. Until this happened to my wife and several others, no one was really aware of it. The post in China is quick. Once you get the P3 you can send off everything that day it should be in Guangzhou within a day or two unless she is in a small village somewhere.

Good Luck and hang in there.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP -

My fiancee never received packet 3 even though we waited for 3 weeks.

She just printed the forms contained in packet 3 which were available on the Vietnam consulate.

I'm not sure for your country but as soon as soon the NVC tells you the Consulate has sent packet three you can technically send the packet three forms.

Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OP: Wait until the Consulate opens the file and indicates they have sent a P3 before you send a completed P3 back to the Consulate.

No need to wait until the P3 is received by your fiancee, following the shortcut is fine.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

OP: Wait until the Consulate opens the file and indicates they have sent a P3 before you send a completed P3 back to the Consulate.

No need to wait until the P3 is received by your fiancee, following the shortcut is fine.

Yes, we are planning to use the shortcut. My question is can we send the P3 back now instead of waiting for them to tell us they have sent

P3 to my fiancée. Our file was sent from NVC to GUZ June 7th. We haven't received confirmation yet that they have received our hard copy of our file or that they have sent my fiancée the P3 yet. We pulled the P3 docs off the GUZ site and already have them completed.

What will happen to our P3 docs if we send to GUZ before they acknowledge they received our hard copy of file or that they sent the P3 to my fiancée? Will it be accepted or will they send back? And will this delay processing (if we send P3 back early)........I do not not want further delays, already dealt with RFE (my fault) and this delayed process by 1 month.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, we are planning to use the shortcut. My question is can we send the P3 back now instead of waiting for them to tell us they have sent

P3 to my fiancée. Our file was sent from NVC to GUZ June 7th. We haven't received confirmation yet that they have received our hard copy of our file or that they have sent my fiancée the P3 yet. We pulled the P3 docs off the GUZ site and already have them completed.

What will happen to our P3 docs if we send to GUZ before they acknowledge they received our hard copy of file or that they sent the P3 to my fiancée? Will it be accepted or will they send back? And will this delay processing (if we send P3 back early)........I do not not want further delays, already dealt with RFE (my fault) and this delayed process by 1 month.

I personally wouldn't send them for the simple reason (as has been stated already) you might miss something passing via EMS. The best advice I have heard is to call DOS everyday until you hear P3 sent and then blast it off.

I was told our file went to GUZ on June 7th also and when I finally called DOS last week I learned that P3 was sent within a couple of days of that. Had I been calling DOS I would have known and could have saved 30 days (it was rejected at the delivery address) and she would probably be interviewing this week or next.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, the big thing is to 'Call DoS' - suggest 2 or 3 times each week,

until status changes to 'casefile opened', cause the very next status / timetick will be 'P3 sent', usually within a week of 'casefile opened'.

IMO, without the 'casefile opened' timetick, yer sending in a P3 set for a non-existent casefile to GUZ IV.

Where could they possibly put it? Is no physical casefile there, or opened, yet.

Sure, I know, SAFEFILE usage is important on this one, but if NVC used DHL, then you're in for a wait.

Set up DoS Hotline # on yer speed dial, suggest about 1 PM EST for yer calling time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ya, the big thing is to 'Call DoS' - suggest 2 or 3 times each week,

until status changes to 'casefile opened', cause the very next status / timetick will be 'P3 sent', usually within a week of 'casefile opened'.

IMO, without the 'casefile opened' timetick, yer sending in a P3 set for a non-existent casefile to GUZ IV.

Where could they possibly put it? Is no physical casefile there, or opened, yet.

Sure, I know, SAFEFILE usage is important on this one, but if NVC used DHL, then you're in for a wait.

Set up DoS Hotline # on yer speed dial, suggest about 1 PM EST for yer calling time.

Excellent news today. I call my congressman Wednesday and explained the whole situation to him. He then made an official inquiry regarding my case. I don't know if this helped or just timing, but today we received an email from him and GUZ saying they received our file and sent the P3 to my fiancée already. We are doing the shortcut as suggested and will send back the already completed P3 back today (well tomorrow it's 1230am in Nanjing).........

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Excellent news today. I call my congressman Wednesday and explained the whole situation to him. He then made an official inquiry regarding my case. I don't know if this helped or just timing, but today we received an email from him and GUZ saying they received our file and sent the P3 to my fiancée already. We are doing the shortcut as suggested and will send back the already completed P3 back today (well tomorrow it's 1230am in Nanjing).........

:thumbs: Excellent!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ah - some good news then. I predict interview mid September, if you get the P3 in soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ah - some good news then. I predict interview mid September, if you get the P3 in soonish.

Yes, thanks all. We are very happy (but not done yet, lol)......I think a Mid September interview too :yes: P3 already completed and will be mailed tomorrow :thumbs:

Edited by M and L

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.