selrth

Casablanca Not Responding to Emails

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Husband went to his interview over 3 weeks ago, and the CO told him they would call him back in a week for 2nd interview. Me, my attorney, and the Senator's office have emailed them requesting action be taken on our case, etc, etc. (expedite request) Why are they not even responding with an email at the very least? I thought Casa was good about responding to emails. Anyone have any problems getting Casa Consulate to respond?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Husband went to his interview over 3 weeks ago, and the CO told him they would call him back in a week for 2nd interview. Me, my attorney, and the Senator's office have emailed them requesting action be taken on our case, etc, etc. (expedite request) Why are they not even responding with an email at the very least? I thought Casa was good about responding to emails. Anyone have any problems getting Casa Consulate to respond?

What are you asking them to respond to? Didn't his packet have to go to USCIS for the waiver after the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have to tell you this not to be mean but to be helpful to you. First you are not the only fly in the ointment at the Casablanca Embassy. I get the concept that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, however at some point it can have a negative impact on you.

Keep in mind USCIS and the Embassy (DOS) are two entirely different entitites and you might get the courtesy of a rapid interview as a response to your expedite request but at the end of the day you have to deal with the consulate again after your waiver goes to Rome and comes back hopefully approved. No amount of sqeeking can overcome a consular decision so do not over rattle that cage. Don't piss them off, they have the final say and they set the pace for how fast or slow things go.

Its overkill at this EARLY stage of the game to be calling them and getting Senator involved. USCIS states if you haven't heard anything on your expedite request in 15 days assume its not approved. I get you have an emergency going on at home with you daughter. I have heard of much more servere and immediate hardship expedites than that get denied.

The good news is Rome is pretty quick once they actually get the packet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

THe last email, I sent them did not get any response either... I just chocked it up that they were sick of the questions I was asking them.

Timeline

06/27/2007 - We met online

04/29/2010 - Went to Morocco to visit Rachid

05/07/2010 - Married

06/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/17/2010 - I-130 Packet Delivered, signed for by L. BOX

06/22/2010 - NOA1 issued and mailed

06/24/2010 - Cheque Cashed ($355)

06/25/2010 - Received NOA 1 in mail

06/29/2010 - Touched

06/30/2010 - Touched :)

08/03/2010 - Touched :)

10/07/2010 - Touched :)

01/26/2011 - RFE

02/08/2011 - Sent USCIS our RFE

02/10/2011 - USCIS Received the RFE

03/22/2011 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

03/28/2011 - NVC received our Petition

04/05/2011 - NVC Case Number Given

04/07/2011 - Paid AOS

04/16/2011 - Paid IV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

YOu do not post what visa you apply for. There is no timeline for us to know how fast things are happening for you. But my application went in April of 2010 and we are jus tgeting interview in a few weeks. 16 months later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

YOu do not post what visa you apply for. There is no timeline for us to know how fast things are happening for you. But my application went in April of 2010 and we are jus tgeting interview in a few weeks. 16 months later.

OP spouse has a long complicated immigration history with a deportation and multiple marriages to US Citizens. This is not the typical case and involves a waiver.

OP spouse has a long complicated immigration history with a deportation and multiple marriages to US Citizens. This is not the typical case and involves a waiver.

Ah, thanks for the info. It'd be interesting to see how Casa handles that...

Timeline

I have to tell you this not to be mean but to be helpful to you. First you are not the only fly in the ointment at the Casablanca Embassy. I get the concept that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, however at some point it can have a negative impact on you.

Keep in mind USCIS and the Embassy (DOS) are two entirely different entitites and you might get the courtesy of a rapid interview as a response to your expedite request but at the end of the day you have to deal with the consulate again after your waiver goes to Rome and comes back hopefully approved. No amount of sqeeking can overcome a consular decision so do not over rattle that cage. Don't piss them off, they have the final say and they set the pace for how fast or slow things go.

Its overkill at this EARLY stage of the game to be calling them and getting Senator involved. USCIS states if you haven't heard anything on your expedite request in 15 days assume its not approved. I get you have an emergency going on at home with you daughter. I have heard of much more servere and immediate hardship expedites than that get denied.

The good news is Rome is pretty quick once they actually get the packet.

Yes, I completely hear what you are saying, but I am not asking about the expedite, I am just asking why they haven't responded to our emails. The CO was REVIEWING our waiver packet. Nothing has been sent to Rome at this point. Why don't they even respond to an email. Most everyone on here says that they are good about responding. The CO said that he would call a week after the 1st appointment, but we have not even gotten an email. It's funny that you mentioned the "squeaky wheel". My attorney said the EXACT same thing :yes:

What are you asking them to respond to? Didn't his packet have to go to USCIS for the waiver after the interview?

No, the CO still has the packet

No, they were always pretty good with responding to emails for us.

Have you or lawyer or senator tried calling?

I'm going to let my lawyer decide when to call.

Timeline

I'm not asking about the outcome of our case. I'm trying to understand why they don't reply to any emails. The CO took our waiver packet, and didn't collect the fees, and wrote on 212g "waiver research", which understand doesn't happen overnight, and told my husband he would call the next week for a 2nd interview, and he wanted to read the packet. Now, not even a word. He didn't even collect the fees, so I know it didn't get sent to Rome.

Timeline

Try calling them during the one little hour you can call. They're pretty good about answering questions on the phone.

What's the best number to call, and will the be able to be specific. I'm worried that I will aggravate them. I know that you have a ton of experience with Morocco.

Timeline

Ah, thanks for the info. It'd be interesting to see how Casa handles that...

My husband was married once before me, and that was forever ago. There is a complicated history for sure, so I am not putting hopes on our case one way or another. Just taking things as it comes. I'm really surprised that they haven't even responded to the Senator's office's emails, or my attorney's. It's very strange to me comparing to others experiences. It's like we don't even exist, and I know that our packet is in the Casa consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What's the best number to call, and will the be able to be specific. I'm worried that I will aggravate them. I know that you have a ton of experience with Morocco.

I think the number is 011 212 661 99 83 64 to call with questions. It's been about a year since I have had to call, so I can't remember the hour to call. If you call the number at a different time, it will just give you a recording telling you what time to call. I believe it was 3pm GMT, but I'm not 100%. I know it was in the early afternoon GMT.

Timeline

I'm going to wait until next week. The packet should be in Rome already, so it's frustrating. The CO is holding onto it to "research" it, whatever that means. I've never heard of anyone's waive being researched at the Consular level. I thought that would have happened at Rome.

Will they get aggravated if I call them to ask them case specific questions since their website says NOT to call?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.